System
79987 Posts
17 years, 5 months ago
What commercials did you grow up watching that you always adored?

For Example: Little Caesars
    mr3urious
    3356 Posts
    17 years, 5 months ago
    This Orkin commercial that has an Orkin man in a kitchen and transforming into this Terminator-esque cyborg, and then zapping a cockroach trying to escape.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -Kurt Cobain
      17 years, 5 months ago
      I like the Little Ceasar's commercial that starred the two hilarious pugs and the dog psychiatrist! Ever seen that one? Another favorite was a cough drop commercial with a ventriloquist and his dummy both suffering from colds! LOL, the dummy had great one-liners. 8)
      "Ease on down, Ease on down the road
      come on, Ease on down, Ease on down the road
      don't you carry nothing that might be a load come on, Ease on down Ease on down, down the road"

--The Wiz
        BJSullivan
        98 Posts
        17 years, 5 months ago
        I have a few. If anybody else remember these commercials, please let me know,

- A different Little Ceasar's commercial with a cartoon guy who would flip 2 pizzas on a stick and then quickly say "Pizza Pizza!"

- Pizza Hut commercial of Pizza Head. If you don't remember Pizza Head, he was a single slice of pizza that had pepperonis for eyes, olives for eyeballs, and a slice of bell pepper for a mouth

- I remember the Cheer laundry detergent commercials that always had an old guy with a mustache

- Last but not least, the band-aid commercials with the song "I am stuck on band-aid brand cause band-aids stick on me"
          plaidman76
          248 Posts
          17 years, 5 months ago
          The old Tootsie Roll commercials always bring a tear to my eye when I see them now...."Whatever it is, I think I See.....becomes a Tootsie Roll to me!"
          "You're not dying, you just can't think of anything good to do."
          - Ferris Bueller
            kimbaltak
            2623 Posts
            17 years, 5 months ago
            odor eatters commercial with the skunk crawling out of someones shoe.

and the mousetrap commercial
              System
              79987 Posts
              17 years, 5 months ago
              Yeah, Pizza Head, I remember him, he was sort of a Mr. Bill spinoff, along with a rival named Steve, who appeared to be a Pizza cutter, kinda like the Sluggo guy from Mr. Bill. I lost track of how many commercials Pizza Head made, but I clearly remember that the Meteor one was the very first. Anyone remember when they used to use The Finger Man, on the Ziploc commercials?
                JP
                1826 Posts
                17 years, 5 months ago
                Windfireandsteel
                Yeah, Pizza Head, I remember him, he was sort of a Mr. Bill spinoff, along with a rival named Steve, who appeared to be a Pizza cutter, kinda like the Sluggo guy from Mr. Bill. I lost track of how many commercials Pizza Head made, but I clearly remember that the Meteor one was the very first. Anyone remember when they used to use The Finger Man, on the Ziploc commercials?

I remember! it was a face with two dots for eyes, and a smile for the mouth.
                What is popular isn't always right; What is Right isn't always popular.
                  17 years, 5 months ago
                  Pizza Man
                  Mouse Trap
                  Little Ceasar's
                    17 years, 5 months ago
                    JP
                    Windfireandsteel

I remember! it was a face with two dots for eyes, and a smile for the mouth.

I love Pizza head!! Those were the best Pizza Hut commercials ever. :lol:
                    "Ease on down, Ease on down the road
                    come on, Ease on down, Ease on down the road
                    don't you carry nothing that might be a load come on, Ease on down Ease on down, down the road"

--The Wiz
                      System
                      79987 Posts
                      17 years, 5 months ago
                      The super soaker ones. oh the memories!

WETTER IS BETTER!
                        kimbaltak
                        2623 Posts
                        17 years, 5 months ago
                        glow in the dark nerf guns
                          rirotostichi
                          1841 Posts
                          17 years, 5 months ago
                          Today I remembered an old "Wagon Wheels" commercial "kinda big and kinda nice" .
                          Also, I remember several Super Nintendo commercials, the first one I remember being for the Super Scope gun.

Ahh... I remember the Super GameBoy commercial so well...

"With Super GameBoy for your color TV Super Nintendo; you can play all your Gameboy games *switch voices* on TV"
                            System
                            79987 Posts
                            17 years, 5 months ago
                            kimbaltak

My Parents never let me, and my Brother have that kinda stuff, they pretty much prefered a better example.
                              kimbaltak
                              2623 Posts
                              17 years, 5 months ago
                              Windfireandsteel
                              kimbaltak

My Parents never let me, and my Brother have that kinda stuff, they pretty much prefered a better example.

I'm confused by that statement, better example of what?

Was I the only one that was super upset with the nintendo power glove? The guy in the commercial made it seem like so much fun.
                                sewage
                                835 Posts
                                17 years, 5 months ago
                                The pizza commercial for Pizza Pizza! My mom would always call me in if it came on.

I also liked the Energizer bunny commercials. I always wanted a doll of the bunny :?

Another was for the Goosebumps board game. "Roll the dice, run for your life" I had the game I think we still have it, too..... even though I loved to play it I was always so scared.

I also loved the skip-it commercials with the toy. Every time I hear the song I always think of the commercial and the toy and start singing it. No one ever knows what I'm going on about... those things were brutal if you didn't know how to work them, though :(

What about that Elephant game where the elephant shot out flowers from it's nose and you had to catch them with a net? I actually always hated that commercial. I always thought the kids in it were a couple of morons.
                                Michaelangelo: Wise man say, "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza".
                                  System
                                  79987 Posts
                                  17 years, 5 months ago
                                  LOL. oh man you just gave me a MAJOR flashback.

Early 90's i think...I was sleeping over at a friend's house when i was like 11 or 12...Anyways this cheesy commercial came on for Cat Food...

Stupid thing went like *Oh......Once again!....There you are!....*

And a random cat would run in and eat the cat food..I think the Cat food was called Sheba or some damn thing...I swear my buddy and i thought it was the funniest damn commercial....LOL probably cuz we were up at like 3 AM in the morning when it came on..

LOL, thanks for the flashback though...That was a good memory.
                                    marshmannes
                                    548 Posts
                                    17 years, 5 months ago
                                    I like the long version of the Crossfire (Board game) commercial. It was so cool just seeing those early 90's effects that looked good at the time. The music rocked too.
                                    The Tall Man: "You think that when you die, you go to Heaven. You come to us!"
                                      punky
                                      441 Posts
                                      17 years, 5 months ago
                                      The McDonald's commmercial where the girl is playing piano in a concert and is singing a song in her head about going to McDonald's.
                                        pikachulover
                                        2944 Posts
                                        17 years, 5 months ago
                                        Skip it
                                        My Little Pony
                                        Hula Hoop Maxie
                                        Ring Pop
                                        Dinosaurs Pasta
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss