minitrini
20 Posts
17 years, 4 months ago
Just found some link.. and it is pretty freaky, begining to realize these things. All of those sexual references in cartoons of the past few years/days.. like one of the most infamous ones, Heffer and his special 'freind' the milker, which gave him an orgasm..

*shudder*
www.phpbb88.com/theconvergence

Mid - Late 90s TV rocked hard..

Sunriser
    3802 Posts
    17 years, 4 months ago
    And you're keeping this link all to yourself?
      Forgotten_sin
      889 Posts
      17 years, 4 months ago

Check out my blog.
      http://tooncrap.blogspot.com/
        minitrini
        20 Posts
        17 years, 4 months ago
        Yeah, that was one of them. But I would give the link, if I could remember it. It wasn't a youtube one.. it was about early cartoons, like of that same era, though.

But yeah, those Rocko's are some of them.
        www.phpbb88.com/theconvergence

Mid - Late 90s TV rocked hard..

the-micro-man
          3492 Posts
          17 years, 4 months ago
          Cartoons from as early as the 50's and 60's had drug refferences in them.
            Larivee
            323 Posts
            17 years, 4 months ago
            A bunch of Disney toons had stuff put in by the cartoonists, but I personally think that todays toons are the worst I love watching Fairly odd parents cause I would say over 50% of the joke are over the heads of anyone under the age of 18
            " Waka Waka Waka Waka..... "
              the-micro-man
              3492 Posts
              17 years, 4 months ago
              Larivee
              A bunch of Disney toons had stuff put in by the cartoonists, but I personally think that todays toons are the worst I love watching Fairly odd parents cause I would say over 50% of the joke are over the heads of anyone under the age of 18

I wouldn't say THAT old... :?
                FilmationGirl
                209 Posts
                17 years, 4 months ago
                There were definitely racial stereotype references in cartoons of eras past and in the 80's as well. Dumbo is one movie I'm thinking of with the group of crows that were a rip on Blacks. I even think Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers had them, but they were very subtle and not really used as a mean-spirited thing.
                  SSJ_Jup81
                  4806 Posts
                  17 years, 4 months ago
                  the-micro-man
                  Larivee
                  I wouldn't say THAT old... :?
                  I semi-agree with Larivee on that. They have quite a few jokes in that series that a kid or a child (teens included) who are dependent on their parents, probably wouldn't completely get, like the HMO one I saw in one ep.
                    Sunriser
                    3802 Posts
                    17 years, 4 months ago
                    FilmationGirl
                    There were definitely racial stereotype references in cartoons of eras past and in the 80's as well. Dumbo is one movie I'm thinking of with the group of crows that were a rip on Blacks. I even think Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers had them, but they were very subtle and not really used as a mean-spirited thing.

Yeah... I'm just thinking about the old Warner Bros cartoons... "All This and Rabbit Stew" sticks out in my mind because I own it on a VHS collection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rok4Hfrt_sU

Not to mention Speedy Gonzalez and all the depictions of the Japanese and Germans during WWII.
                      An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss