RetroDork
94 Posts
17 years, 3 months ago
commercials arent the same without the The Grimace and the rest of the characters interacting with Ronald. Funny the things you become fond of... Nowadays the thought of eating McDonalds turns my stomach a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oST_yerRopk
    Rainbow_Bright
    2505 Posts
    17 years, 3 months ago
    i agree 100%
      RetroDork
      94 Posts
      17 years, 3 months ago
      It's funny i once had a birhday party at a McDonalds in the 80s and the one thing i remember is this funny talking tree with eyes.
        System
        79987 Posts
        17 years, 3 months ago
        Yeah, Mcdonald's commercials these days that are aimed at kids always show Ronald Mcdonald playing sports or something (to let people know that the good folks at Mcdonalds are concerned about your health). I miss the old commercials with characters like Grimmace and the Hamburglar. And who could forget about the puppets of the fries, shake, and hamburgers? (I'm just glad this site has a bunch of those old commercials so I can take a trip down Mcdonalds memory lane anytime I feel like it).

The funny thing about Mcdonalds...is that with this whole "makeover" they've had, they want to appeal more to adults and less to kids. However, I don't know a single adult out there who would want to eat Mcdonalds over Burger King, Jack in the Box, or Wendy's. Mcdonald's food will always appeal more to kids then adults, no matter how much they try to make their resteraunts look like Star Bucks.
          MemoryChip
          605 Posts
          17 years, 3 months ago
          I miss it too
          I Love the 90's

Film Site:http://z11.invisionfree.com/Enter_the_Movies

we are seriosuly in need of active members(please read and join)
            Thylacine
            1525 Posts
            17 years, 3 months ago
            I miss the old commercials too. These new ones are a bit too PC for me.
            "Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
            -Rampage, Beast Wars

Random80sKid
              391 Posts
              17 years, 3 months ago
              the only thing i get the urge for at McDonald's are their fries.
              Blog | My Myspace :cool:
                PoopsMcGee
                473 Posts
                17 years, 3 months ago
                How can an adult not love the Big Mac? Christ, my dad was like mega into them, and when I stopped eating off the kids menu, he got me right into the whole "Two All Beef Paties, Special Sauce, Letteuce, Cheese, Tomato, Onions On A Sesame Bun" fad.

I do miss the mid 90's McDonald commericals too. Even though I haven't eaten off the kids menu since like 95.

I think that McDonlds appeals to all, not just children. It is geared alot of times at kids, but everyone eats there.
                  Hordak_Alpha
                  801 Posts
                  17 years, 3 months ago
                  Good time.....great taste...thats why this is our place....
                  (Hordak Alpha))

the-micro-man
                    3492 Posts
                    17 years, 3 months ago
                    retromaniac
                    Yeah, Mcdonald's commercials these days that are aimed at kids always show Ronald Mcdonald playing sports or something (to let people know that the good folks at Mcdonalds are concerned about your health). I miss the old commercials with characters like Grimmace and the Hamburglar. And who could forget about the puppets of the fries, shake, and hamburgers? (I'm just glad this site has a bunch of those old commercials so I can take a trip down Mcdonalds memory lane anytime I feel like it).

The funny thing about Mcdonalds...is that with this whole "makeover" they've had, they want to appeal more to adults and less to kids. However, I don't know a single adult out there who would want to eat Mcdonalds over Burger King, Jack in the Box, or Wendy's. Mcdonald's food will always appeal more to kids then adults, no matter how much they try to make their resteraunts look like Star Bucks.

I think it's weird they got rid of their characters...
                      Ned
                      327 Posts
                      17 years, 3 months ago
                      Did you see this one, this is my favorite. I saw it when I was 11 or so, c. 1991. It was called "Ronald McDonald in: A New 'Do." It's the funniest I recall.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpYy7eShvk

Since it's in Chinese here (which by the way makes it really funny in another way), I will provide the original script which I more or less remember:

Ronald (seeing barbershop): Hey! Maybe I need a new hairstyle."

Inside, talks to Birdie about it.

Birdie: Let me try something!

Ducktail Ronald: Uh-huh!

Mohawk Ronald: KEWL!!!

'Fro Ronald: EEE!

Pageboy Ronald: 'Tis I! Sir Ronald!

Boxcut Ronald: PU-PU-PHH! PU-PU-PU-PHH!

Regular Ronald: Birdie, this style really is me!

Birdie: Everybody loves it!

The gang: We sure do!!!

Have you seen the ones here in Retrojunk? Some of the best ones I remember are here in the 80s and 90s commercials sections. There are the c. 1987 or 1988 "It's Mac Tonight" ones with the slick singing moon, and another favorite of mine, the one from 1987 when Birdie and Grimace wanted to give Ronald a star as a present. Also the "our new song" one is here from c. 1990.
                        Random80sKid
                        391 Posts
                        17 years, 3 months ago
                        Ned
                        Did you see this one, this is my favorite. I saw it when I was 11 or so, c. 1991. It was called "Ronald McDonald in: A New 'Do." It's the funniest I recall.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpYy7eShvk

Since it's in Chinese here (which by the way makes it really funny in another way), I will provide the original script which I more or less remember:

Ronald (seeing barbershop): Hey! Maybe I need a new hairstyle."

Inside, talks to Birdie about it.

Birdie: Let me try something!

Ducktail Ronald: Uh-huh!

Mohawk Ronald: KEWL!!!

'Fro Ronald: EEE!

Pageboy Ronald: 'Tis I! Sir Ronald!

Boxcut Ronald: PU-PU-PHH! PU-PU-PU-PHH!

Regular Ronald: Birdie, this style really is me!

Birdie: Everybody loves it!

The gang: We sure do!!!

Have you seen the ones here in Retrojunk? Some of the best ones I remember are here in the 80s and 90s commercials sections. There are the c. 1987 or 1988 "It's Mac Tonight" ones with the slick singing moon, and another favorite of mine, the one from 1987 when Birdie and Grimace wanted to give Ronald a star as a present. Also the "our new song" one is here from c. 1990.

hahaha I loved that one... too bad its in a foreign language lol your translations just aren't the same.
                        Blog | My Myspace :cool:
                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss