Ilikethepixies
5870 Posts
17 years, 3 months ago
I'd like to think that around 2022, people will look back on this time in popular music with embarrassment. People will say "Remember in the 2000's when all those bands had lip rings and their hair parted to one side over their eyes and those thick black rimmed glasses? God, what were we thinking..."

Or perhaps "Whatever happened to that old school hip hop, like Lil' Jon and TI?"

Or even, "I can't stand the stuff we have now, why can't things be like they were when American Idol was on, and music was still good?"

Will the new generation be saying these things just as we harp on our old music?
    1Nerd
    31 Posts
    17 years, 3 months ago
    Kiss of course... Ozzy,Motley Crue, Pantera, come on i coould go on forever...
      avaitor
      789 Posts
      17 years, 3 months ago
      From today?Hmmm,maybe...Wait,no...Uh,today's music isn't really remeberable.Nickelback just isn't as influential as Nirvana...
        thecrow174
        9986 Posts
        17 years, 3 months ago
        Justin Timberlake and Beyonce.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

Come have the time of YOUR life with me and the gang at Retro-daze.org.
          COOLHAND
          2938 Posts
          17 years, 3 months ago
          avaitor
          From today?Hmmm,maybe...Wait,no...Uh,today's music isn't really remeberable.Nickelback just isn't as influential as Nirvana...

i agree whole heartedly
            avaitor
            789 Posts
            17 years, 3 months ago
            thecrow174
            Justin Timberlake and Beyonce.

I'll agree about Beyonce.Acutally,just add up Destiny's Child as a whole,but that dosen't make it good.Maybe Little John and 50 Cent will be rememberred as Elvis and The Beatles as hip-hop becomes the new rock 'n roll.But rock will never die,and in a century,Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath will be considered masters like Beethoven and Mozart.
              COOLHAND
              2938 Posts
              17 years, 3 months ago
              avaitor
              I'll agree about Beyonce.Acutally,just add up Destiny's Child as a whole,but that dosen't make it good.Maybe Little John and 50 Cent will be rememberred as Elvis and The Beatles as hip-hop becomes the new rock 'n roll.But rock will never die,and in a century,Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath will be considered masters like Beethoven and Mozart.

then what will beethoven and mozart be? haha
                thecrow174
                9986 Posts
                17 years, 3 months ago
                Hey Avaitor. Other rock groups/artists like Metallica,Jimi Hendrix,AC/DC,and The Eagles can be good examples. Am I right?
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

Come have the time of YOUR life with me and the gang at Retro-daze.org.
                  avaitor
                  789 Posts
                  17 years, 3 months ago
                  thecrow174
                  Hey Avaitor. Other rock groups/artists like Metallica,Jimi Hendrix,AC/DC,and The Eagles can be good examples. Am I right?

Defentely.I just used Zeppelin and Sabbath as examples as they were probalby the most influental.Sex Pistols,too.
                    Rainbow_Bright
                    2505 Posts
                    17 years, 3 months ago
                    hmm any genre of artists who are extreamly successful and dont fade out for example U2 and artists that are highly invloved in alot of organizatons foundations and benifit concerts etc.. heres an idea freeze them all like in that cartoon Futurama lol n then they will all be remembered
                      MawcDrums
                      15 Posts
                      17 years, 3 months ago
                      tool will be the new led zeppelin / pink floyd
                        nippythefish
                        2694 Posts
                        17 years, 3 months ago
                        MawcDrums
                        tool will be the new led zeppelin / pink floyd

HOLY SHIT. I was just about to type that same exact thing! :eek:
                          Ilikethepixies
                          5870 Posts
                          17 years, 3 months ago
                          I was talking more along the lines of current fads going on in music... like how we might remember Kris Kross and their backwards clothes, kids 13 years old now might remember Good Charolette (which are from my hometown by the way)
                            nippythefish
                            2694 Posts
                            17 years, 3 months ago
                            Ilikethepixies
                            I was talking more along the lines of current fads going on in music... like how we might remember Kris Kross and their backwards clothes, kids 13 years old now might remember Good Charolette (which are from my hometown by the way)

Hopefully they look back and think, "what the hell were we thinking?"....sort of like the disco era.
                              Dr-_Pink
                              119 Posts
                              17 years, 3 months ago
                              Hmm I'm not too sure on this. There aren't really any new people I have much faith in. I mostly listen to 80's music. Todays music just doesnt have that flare that R.E.M, Depech Mode, Journey, Prince, AC/DC, Van Halen and a few others have brought to the table. When's the next big thing? Most of todays music just sounds like there repeating one another.
                              Dr. Pink Signing Out
                                17 years, 3 months ago
                                Tool has been around since the early 90s.

Anyways, there isn't too many music artists I respect today. I can't stand this new metal/emo scene. It's all depressing crap and it's gets pretty repetitive after a while.

Modern mainstream rap, ugh, it's all the same. The beats sound the same, the topics discussed in the music is pretty much worn out (bling, cars, money etc).

Modern country sounds more like pop.

Modern pop music itself is horrible.

I think most of the music today is pretty much run-of-the-mill even though the old generations had their share of one-hit wonders too but it's worse in today's music.
                                  Dr-_Pink
                                  119 Posts
                                  17 years, 3 months ago
                                  I can't stand Emo music. I bet whenever one of there songs get's bumped down they cry about it. The only thing I wish was emo is my grass so that way it would cut itself.

As for Metal i have noticed that it just get's repetitive.

and don't get me started on teenage disney music. They give a record deal to everyone now-a-days.
                                  Dr. Pink Signing Out
                                    Rainbow_Bright
                                    2505 Posts
                                    17 years, 3 months ago
                                    haha yes!, it's funny cause it's true..i like indie music and ninties grunge mostly, it's all gonna be memorble to me weather artists are still making music in 2013 or not
                                      Rainbow_Bright
                                      2505 Posts
                                      17 years, 3 months ago
                                      disney pop oh god heres how it goes, they sighn a girl at 12 and coach her so she can learn to lip sing n then when she hits puberty n gains some curves they put her in slutty clothing, and bring in the dough
                                        Armed_Revolt
                                        636 Posts
                                        17 years, 3 months ago
                                        Dr_Pink
                                        I can't stand Emo music. I bet whenever one of there songs get's bumped down they cry about it. The only thing I wish was emo is my grass so that way it would cut itself.

Easily the quote of the day!
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss