Random80sKid
391 Posts
17 years, 1 month ago
I had a few back in the 80s. I had a Debbie Gibson 45 I believe it was Body Electric.
Blog | My Myspace :cool:
    Influence
    366 Posts
    17 years, 1 month ago
    My dad used to work for Frankie Valli so we had mountains of records, tshirts,and related items. However, I got my own little record player that took special records and my favorite was Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree.
    "I love the powerglove......it's so bad...."
      shiroihikari
      1751 Posts
      17 years, 1 month ago
      My grandmama had a lot of records and one of those big cabinet stereos. Dad had a record player and a few records as well. I listened to records until probably the mid 90s.
      Coming Soon to Nostalgia Junkie: Nostalgiathon 2009!
        17 years, 1 month ago
        My wife and I have a pretty fair record collection. She never lost interest in LPs, and her records make up the majority of our collection.

Our favorite is the soundtrack from Xanadu.
          Rainbow_Bright
          2505 Posts
          17 years, 1 month ago
          ya my family had one, i remember it when from when i was around 3 or 4 and i saw the stash of records in our crawl space much later, alot of the hits they had abba, led zepplin, the beegees, pink Floyd , the doors the beetles the police stuff like that
            retroguy78
            597 Posts
            17 years, 1 month ago
            Records as in vinyls? No, they're all gone. The only one I remember is "The Best of Oscar the Groutch", and that was almost 20 years ago, it's been so long. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it on eBay either.
              ek
              426 Posts
              17 years, 1 month ago
              I got a couple, mostly pink floyd some led zeppelin and a few doors.
                anglslife
                992 Posts
                17 years, 1 month ago
                I had a record player back in the 80's. My parents had a buttload of records, so I used to play with those.
                Dot: Don't look down. You might fall and hit your head and die and your brains would leak out alllllll over.

Me:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2/anglslife/Copyofbeautyshotcopy.jpg
                  Dave_Lino
                  584 Posts
                  17 years, 1 month ago
                  yep, we still have a ton of 33s and we have 45s that my mom had from the 50s-60s and they still play great.
                    17 years, 1 month ago
                    I actually still play records and I currently have roughly 400 of them. The'yre from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and *some* 90's.
                    I own stuff like Led Zeppelin, Eagles, Elvis, America, Billy Joel, Carol King, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Spandau Ballet, etc etc etc. I got some of them from my folks and from record stores who still sell the golden-oldies stuff (I'm a 70's child at heart! ^^)
                    I think I have a pretty good collection. :)
                    "Look, Mother, it's my own life, okay, so if i want to live on the beach and walk around naked..." -Janice, The Great Muppet Caper.
                      17 years, 1 month ago
                      My favorite records were my Ghostbusters movie soundtrack and Grover Sings the Blues. I still have them too. I also used to like my dad's Tom Waits records. I loved that song "There's a world going on underground". It sounds like weird jazzy circus music. And I'm still collecting records to this day. I like their scratchy lo fi sound.
                        pikachulover
                        2944 Posts
                        17 years, 1 month ago
                        I still have all my records. I have Disney Children's Favorites volumes 1-3, a Pac Man picture disk, The Great Muppet Caper soundtrack, and promotional Alf record from Burger King.

In the 2000s I got 3 No Doubt records; a Hella Good single, Rock Steady, and Return of Saturn. I'm current looking for a vinyl copy of Tragic Kingdom to complete my collection.

My dad has a huge record collection and still plays them on his record player. My grandma game me one of her old record players.
                          Video_Jukebox
                          1068 Posts
                          17 years, 1 month ago
                          Jobelincolnski
                          I also used to like my dad's Tom Waits records. I loved that song "There's a world going on underground". It sounds like weird jazzy circus music.

The name of the album is Swordfishtrombones, if you ever want to pick it up again. Tom Waits is The Man.
                          "Preserving the old ways from being abused,
                          Protecting the new ways for me and for you.
                          What more can we do?"
                          --The Kinks, "Village Green Preservation Society"
                            SSJ_Jup81
                            4806 Posts
                            17 years, 1 month ago
                            I never did. I didn't really start getting into music to the point where I'd want to buy it until the late 90s...and, unfortunately, that type of stuff was Japanese oriented, and they were in "cd" format.

That aside, though, my father has loads of records...well, had. Most of them were damaged (along with a ton of his cds) when our house flooded a couple of years back. I remember when I was really little, and how dad was showing me the proper way to hold a record album and how to clean it. I had to have been about two or three and I still remember how.

My dad doesn't play records anymore and sticks to cds, mainly, because his turntable is broken.
                              Lachrymose
                              34 Posts
                              17 years, 1 month ago
                              All of the records that were mine personally were just soundtracks to movies, like An American Tale and other corny stuff like that.
                                Random80sKid
                                391 Posts
                                17 years, 1 month ago
                                KatTheHippieChick
                                I actually still play records and I currently have roughly 400 of them. The'yre from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and *some* 90's.
                                I own stuff like Led Zeppelin, Eagles, Elvis, America, Billy Joel, Carol King, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Spandau Ballet, etc etc etc. I got some of them from my folks and from record stores who still sell the golden-oldies stuff (I'm a 70's child at heart! ^^)
                                I think I have a pretty good collection. :)

sounds like a great collection, i love 80s music.
                                Blog | My Myspace :cool:
                                  Shaqdaddy
                                  597 Posts
                                  17 years, 1 month ago
                                  yeah, i actually have a ton of records at my house. my dad used to work for a radio station in the early 80s, and got to take home a BUNCH of records that the station didnt use anymore. we have everything from aerosmith, to the stones, to michael jackson. i've actually been wondering recently how much the collection is worth.
                                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

-Albert Einstein
                                    Strandysmommy
                                    617 Posts
                                    17 years, 1 month ago
                                    My dad has TONS of records- being that he had 4 decades to collect them (50's through the 80's). I liked his stuff (never admitted it until I was in high school).

My personal collection, however was pretty humble: Sesame Street Fever, Thriller, and Born to Add (Bert Stringbeen and the sesamE Street Band).

But hey, I did partially EAT my grandma's 45 of...it was either "Elvira" by The Oak Ridge Boys, or "I love a Rainy Night" by Eddie Rabbit. She also had this big huge cabnet of a record player/stereo. Usually she just played her boom box (funny as that sounds in refrence to my grandma).
                                      8 years, 1 month ago
                                      I have a very big music collection i have 2 million 365 albums and CD s and cassette tapes i listen to 50s do whop 50s 60s 70s 80s and some 90s r&b soul funk music all yeas of jazz i listen to modern jazz smooth jazz funk jazz bop jazz acid jazz fusion jazz contemporary jazz pop jazz all years of blues and disco music I started collecting music on January 1 1970 and i still collect music to this day to me today s music will never be as great as the music from the past the music artist from the past put there hart and souls in to there music i listen to music every day and my music collection is my love my life my passion and i will always have music in my life
                                        Vertex(Admin)
                                        367 Posts
                                        8 years, 1 month ago
                                        a37b_dragonfly
                                        I have a very big music collection i have 2 million 365 albums and CD s and cassette tapes i listen to 50s do whop 50s 60s 70s 80s and some 90s r&b soul funk music all yeas of jazz i listen to modern jazz smooth jazz funk jazz bop jazz acid jazz fusion jazz contemporary jazz pop jazz all years of blues and disco music I started collecting music on January 1 1970 and i still collect music to this day to me today s music will never be as great as the music from the past the music artist from the past put there hart and souls in to there music i listen to music every day and my music collection is my love my life my passion and i will always have music in my life

That is quite a collection! I just listen to pandora :lol:
                                        When I die, I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandpa did. Not like the screaming passengers in his car.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss