Rainbow_Bright
2505 Posts
17 years, 2 months ago
Why did they switch actreseses for the character of Becky Connor so late in the show, what was her reason for leaving?
    Ilikethepixies
    5870 Posts
    17 years, 2 months ago
    I'm not sure, but I thought it was cool that they referenced it in the show.

I always thought the second Becky was hotter, so I guess its no surprise she went on to star in that show about the young hospital workers. Grubs or something.
      Rainbow_Bright
      2505 Posts
      17 years, 2 months ago
      oh, that show is called Scrubs..she was also on some cowboy show before Scrubs
        SSJ_Jup81
        4806 Posts
        17 years, 2 months ago
        I think she left the show because she was going to college. You know, it's sorta like Johnathan Taylor Thomas's situation on Home Improvement. The actor wanted to go to college and left the show to do so, which is why they had that Randy's character went on an exchange program in Costa Rica. Sucks that he and Tim Allen didn't get along irl after that, hence the absence of "Randy" for the final ep.
          17 years, 2 months ago
          SSJ_Jup81
          I think she left the show because she was going to college. You know, it's sorta like Johnathan Taylor Thomas's situation on Home Improvement. The actor wanted to go to college and left the show to do so, which is why they had that Randy's character went on an exchange program in Costa Rica. Sucks that he and Tim Allen didn't get along irl after that, hence the absence of "Randy" for the final ep.

Yeah, that's right.:D
          [FONT="Times New Roman"]YEE-HAA - BO DUKE![/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Black"]"Cowabunga, Dude!" ~ MICHAELANGELO[/FONT]

A true child of the 80's here.:D
            Rainbow_Bright
            2505 Posts
            17 years, 2 months ago
            oh, but of course i never even thought about that, thanks guys
              Influence
              366 Posts
              17 years, 2 months ago
              Rainbow_Bright
              Why did they switch actreseses for the character of Becky Connor so late in the show, what was her reason for leaving?

There was one episode, where the did kind of like an oldtime Roseanne in black and white, and they had some song that sang about the differences of Becky, and even featured both Beckys in the same show. It explained their differences and similarities. The 2nd Becky was most def hotter :)
              "I love the powerglove......it's so bad...."
                Rainbow_Bright
                2505 Posts
                17 years, 2 months ago
                oh i must have missed that one and no kidding the second becky was better looking, anyone with a boston accent is a turn off iam sorry but cmon
                  blueryan913
                  716 Posts
                  17 years, 2 months ago
                  The original Becky left the show to go to college that's when they brought in the replacement Becky (Sarah Chalke, who now is on Scrubs). Original Becky (sorry don't remember her name) did come back once for a "Patty Duke Show" themed skit on a black & white episode spoofing old tv shows (Patty Duke, Gilligans' Island, Leave it to Beaver, etc...). Then after graduating college original Becky came back replacing the replacement and stayed till the series ended in 97'.

Roseanne is on Nick-at-Nite
                  check local listings

Hope this helps?
                    Ilikethepixies
                    5870 Posts
                    17 years, 2 months ago
                    All they needed was a new Roseanne, and that show would have been pretty decent!
                      Armed_Revolt
                      636 Posts
                      17 years, 2 months ago
                      Random Roseanne fact: All the opening credit pictures are taken in my hometown, Evansville, Indiana. One of the producers was from here. I had to drive down Delaware street everyday to get to work for a while.
                        An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss