wooster
334 Posts
17 years, 2 months ago
Here's a great resource for looking over some of the titles from yesteryear . . . those wonderful animated programs such as "Gilligan's Planet" and "The Gary Coleman Show.":rolleyes:
Which do you remember? Why?

http://www.inthe80s.com/saturdays.shtml
    17 years, 2 months ago
    I remember that I was up watching "Flintstones" at 8am, watching "Smurfs" at 8:30am, watching "Laverne and Shirley" a bit at 9:30am, and Watching "Heathcliff" at 11:30am, "Bugs Bunny" same time when I was just a baby as few months old on Spring of 1982 (I was born on March 9th), Fall of 1982, started watching "Smurfs" at 9am, "Alivin and the Chipmunks" at 9:30am, "Smurfs" at 9am, "Inc. Hulk" a bit at 11:00am, Spring of 1983, I was 1 year old that time, watched "Bugs Bunny" at 9 am, "Dukes of Hazzard" always weekday and Saturday morning at 10:30am, "Inc. Hulk" a bit at 11am, Fall of 1983, watched "Smurfs" a bit but I watched "Dukes of Hazzard" in the middle at 9am, "Alvin and the Chipmunks" at 9:30am, "Mr. T" at 11am, "Inc. Hulk" a bit at 11:30am, Spring of 1984, I was 2, watched "Smurfs" at 9am, "Alvin and the Chipmunks" at 9:30am, "Mr. T" at 11am. Fall of 1984, watched 'Get Along Gang' at 8am,"Muppet Babies" bit at 8:30am, 8:30am "Smurfs", "Alvin and the Chipmunks" at 10:30am, "Mr. T" at 11am. Spring of 1985, I was 3, I watched watched 'Get Along Gang' at 8am ,"Muppet Babies" bit at 8:30am,8:30am "Smurfs", "Alvin and the Chipmunks" at 10:30am, "Mr. T" at 11am, Fall of 1985, "Wuzzles" at 8:30am, "Smurfs" at 9am, "Punky Brewster" at 10:30am, "Alvin and the Chipmunks" at 11am, Spring of 1986, I was 4, I woke up at 7:30am to watch "Wuzzles" at 8am, "Gummi Bears" at 8:30am, 9am "Smurfs" , 9:30am for a bit then saw "Pee-Wee Playhouse in the middle, "Alvin and the Chipmunks", 11am "Punky Brewster", Spring of 1987, I was 5, "Wuzzles" at 8am, "Care Bears" at 8:30am, 9am "Muppet Babies", 9:30am, "Pee-Wee Playhouse". Fall of 1987, "Gummi Bears" at 8am, "Sumrfs" for a bit but I saw "My Pet Monster " was on same time 9am, "Pound Puppies" at 8:30am, 10am "Pee-Wee Playhouse", 9:30 am, "Alvin and the Chipmunks" at 10:30am, "Alf" at 11am. Spring of 1988, I was 6, "Disney's Adventures of the Gummy Bears" at 8am, "Smurfs" at 8:30am, "Alf" at 9am, "Alvin" at 9:30am. Fall of 1988, "Adventures of Raggedy Ann and Andy" at 8am, "Gummi Bears" at 8:30am, 9am "Smurfs", "Alf" 9:30am, "Alvin" 10am. Spring of 1989, I was 7, "New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" at 8:30am,"Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters" for a bit then flipped channel to "Pee-Wee's Playhouse" at 9-9:30am, "Small Wonder" 10am, "Alf" same time, "Pup Named Scooby Doo Disney's Gummy Bears, Winnie the Pooh"and Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters" 8am to 9:30am but I saw "Cailfornia Raisins" a bit that time at 10am, "Smurfs" at 10am for a bit, "Alvin" at 11am, "Saved by the Bell" at 11:30am.

I remember as a kid watch too much 80's tv shows.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]YEE-HAA - BO DUKE![/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Black"]"Cowabunga, Dude!" ~ MICHAELANGELO[/FONT]

A true child of the 80's here.:D
      Influence
      366 Posts
      17 years, 2 months ago
      Wow, I don't remember the scheduled lineup, all I know is that I was in Cartoon Heaven on Saturday Mornings, then once the news or American Gladiators came on the party was over.
      "I love the powerglove......it's so bad...."
        shiroihikari
        1751 Posts
        17 years, 2 months ago
        I went to that site a couple years ago. I was surprised that I remembered so much about CBS' Saturday morning lineup! I also looked back before I was born to see what kind of stuff was on. Good times, good times.
        Coming Soon to Nostalgia Junkie: Nostalgiathon 2009!
          System
          79987 Posts
          17 years, 2 months ago
          Half those stations don't even have SMC's anymore :(
            Celeste
            963 Posts
            17 years, 2 months ago
            And I remember watching these shows with a great fondness. It's too bad that now SMCs have been wiped out on most TV stations leaving room for Networks that are geared towards these kinds of things, Cartoon Network and TeleToon, and even TeleToon isn't as good as it used to or could be.
              17 years, 2 months ago
              Sounds like someone really loves her Saturday morning toons!

Don't worry I miss the way Saturday mornings used to be myself. I could get up at 6 and watch hours of cartoons.

Cartoon Network sucks nowadays for the most part.
                Celeste
                963 Posts
                17 years, 2 months ago
                retrotoonfreak2006
                Sounds like someone really loves her Saturday morning toons!

Don't worry I miss the way Saturday mornings used to be myself. I could get up at 6 and watch hours of cartoons.

Cartoon Network sucks nowadays for the most part.

You're damned straight. ;)

The Transformers, G.I. Joe, which came on Saturdays on most of the TV stations that I got, Robotech, Voltron: DOTU, Jem, My Little Pony and Friends, Kidd Video, The Smurfs, Pole Position, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Kissy Fur, King Kong, Tarzan Lord of the Jungle. The list goes on and on as well as the other stuff that I used to watch. :) It all made me smile. :D

TeleToon is kind of sucky too. They used to have the X-Men and the Avengers on there and now it's an iffy kind of network.
                  gustogummi
                  2602 Posts
                  17 years, 2 months ago
                  And here's a dude that really loves his Saturday morning cartoons too.

The Friday night fall specials is what get me hyped for the new Saturday morning cartoons. I think they stopped doing them in the 90s but I'm not sure.

Being a product of the late 70s, I would have to say Saturday mornings was at it's peak during the mid-late 70s and 80s.

Even though a lot of people is going to disagree with me, I think Saturday mornings started dying off in the 90s, and no it was not because I was getting older. It just wasn't the same after my favorites were gone (recorded most of them though) and replaced with shows that just didn't agree with me.
                    An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss