MemoryChip
605 Posts
17 years, 2 months ago
remember the Beanie Babies sold that were sold at McDonalds?

they were really little cotton animals that you could hold
I still have some, somewhere
I Love the 90's

Film Site:http://z11.invisionfree.com/Enter_the_Movies

we are seriosuly in need of active members(please read and join)
    17 years, 2 months ago
    Ugh, I sure do remember.

I was working there just before graduation. We would have long lines of people at the drive-thru just for them. They had to make sure they had the right one, which sometimes led to long lines at the window.

It was pure insanity watching adults go crazy over this stuff.

Now you cant give them away!
      Derk
      1422 Posts
      17 years, 2 months ago
      Yeah, I remember everyone going crazy over those things. I never understood the appeal of them, to be honest. To each their own, I guess.
        jetfire426
        402 Posts
        17 years, 2 months ago
        man that was a big craze....holy crap... i mean big... everyone wanted them.. it was as bad as when the furbies came out...
          badfish420
          57 Posts
          17 years, 2 months ago
          I worked at McDonalds during Beanie baby nonsense, I never understood it either. One of our managers actually had her arm broken during a mob scene over the beanie babies.
            COOLHAND
            2938 Posts
            17 years, 2 months ago
            I have a ton of those that were given to me as presents and stuff. They were pretty rare. By the way Memorychip, please stop posting one sentence posts it anoys the sh** outta me. ELABORATE!
              17 years, 2 months ago
              I still have my beanie babies. I have a lot of rare ones too.
                SlippyFist
                125 Posts
                17 years, 2 months ago
                No...I dont think I have ever heard of those things called Beanie Babies.....and what is McDonalds?

(sarcasm)
                  pikachulover
                  2944 Posts
                  17 years, 2 months ago
                  I do. I went crazy for a few of them. They are all stashed away in a box somewhere in my bedroom including Pinky and some dog one I took out of the package. I see the open McDonald's ones at the local thrift store in a little plastic bag together at 3 for $2. Of course those ones are missing the tags and labels.
                    Thylacine
                    1525 Posts
                    17 years, 2 months ago
                    Remember? Who can forget?

I still have a few boxes of them stashed away in my storage. I even have a few laying out in the open.
                    "Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
                    -Rampage, Beast Wars

Dawg
                      484 Posts
                      17 years, 2 months ago
                      I got those Beanie Babies still!

As a matter of fact, I still got about 3 of them still sealed up in their packaging, only 'cause I thought one-day they might be worth money.

...but as of now, I still don't think they're worth more than 2 bucks in their original unopened packaging (but hell, what do I know?)
                      This Space Is Reserved For My Signature...
                        17 years, 1 month ago
                        Oh for Christ's sake!!!!!!!!!
                        "His name is Blane? Oh! That's a major appliance, that's not a name!"
                          weredog
                          297 Posts
                          17 years, 1 month ago
                          Remember? I'm still addicted to the things. Just the dogs though. I own about 28 of them. I just started collecting again. A beanie dog goes with me where ever I go. They ride in my pocket. I've got one sitting by my keyboard as I type this, which is odd cause he's usually perched on my shoulder.
                            Strandysmommy
                            617 Posts
                            17 years, 1 month ago
                            Yes, yes I do remember... because they STILL SELL THEM. They never went away. Even after "The End" (who I still have) they still make 'em.
                              kayvee
                              3672 Posts
                              17 years, 1 month ago
                              I never really got the whole beanie baby craze. but I guess since there is a bunch of them I can sort of see the appeal in collecting them.

so which is the rarest one?
                                weredog
                                297 Posts
                                17 years, 1 month ago
                                kayvee
                                I never really got the whole beanie baby craze. but I guess since there is a bunch of them I can sort of see the appeal in collecting them.

so which is the rarest one?

Peanut the Royal Blue elephant. It's been known to sell for over $1000.
                                  sikkbones
                                  1262 Posts
                                  17 years, 1 month ago
                                  on payday i'm getting my son a spongebob beanie.
                                    bigdawg8412
                                    734 Posts
                                    17 years, 1 month ago
                                    I remember when they had those beanies at McD's. I loved collecting them. I always got excited to get a new one. I remember a red lobster,an orange fish, and a purple platypus.

Edit. I found this site that shows the beanies that McD's had. I had most of the one's from 1997.
                                    http://www.aboutbeanies.com/McDonalds_Teenie_Beanie_Babies.html

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss