The_Batman
876 Posts
16 years, 11 months ago
looking back, do you see any shows from the past that would be succesful?
Im not talking the orignal episodes, im talking just the concept of the show, everything else is re written. Honestly i dont see many of them working well now a days, mainly because todays shows/sitcoms are all reality or sex based.. but one show i do see making it is American Gladiators, i think it could be pretty succesful if it was re-made..

and i was wondering something. Abc is doing a show for the Geico cavemen, i dont know but it kinda reminds me of sum old gimmick tv shows they used to do in the 90's (like Dinosaurs, or Honey I'm Home) does anybody agree with me on that?
"Keep the change you filthy animal..."
    cquinniey
    454 Posts
    16 years, 11 months ago
    There are a lot of old shows that would make it today.

Knight Rider
    Mantis
    Strange Luck
    The Fall Guy
    McGuyver
    Baywatch
    Small Wonder
    Silver Spoons
    Hill Street Blues
    Night Court

Of course the humour and special effects would have to be updated but the premise of all of these shows would work.
      s600cam
      141 Posts
      16 years, 11 months ago
      umm... I think that kids these days would like Eerie Indiana, or Are you afraid of the dark. They had such good stories behind the episodes, but that's just my opinion.
      And with that, I'm gone with the shadows...
        The_Batman
        876 Posts
        16 years, 11 months ago
        cquinniey
        There are a lot of old shows that would make it today.

Knight Rider

Small Wonder

i dunno, for sum reason i dont see audiences taking to these shows, the ideas may be a lil too far fetched for them, I mean most people would see knight rider as just sum guy driving around the whole episode, and small wonder as just plain weird..
        "Keep the change you filthy animal..."
          diskoboy
          212 Posts
          16 years, 11 months ago
          I think Twin Peaks and Police Squad! would definately be successful, today.
            Cdokes1
            1032 Posts
            16 years, 11 months ago
            This is easy:

1. USA Up All -people are dying for a late night movie theme it was fun to watch from 91-98 and it would be fun to watch today.

2. Video Power - with all the games out today this would be great I would just change the location of it in the finals and move it to Times Square.

3. Silver Surfer- it was a short lived but great cartoon in the spring of 98 and with the FF 4 : Rise of the SS it wouldd be a great fit now.

4. GUTS -why not kids need a show that would test their heart today it would keep them out of trouble and make them want a piece of the rock.

5.Doug- every teenager can feel this kid's situation whether it's imaging that you are a secret agent, having a favorite rock band, or having a girl of your dreams but not telling her your true feelings, and of course you can't forget Porkchop.

6.MTV's Fear this shows was great and would make it today because everyone will always want to know is that place really haunted.

7. USA's Cartoon Express - with a need for a great cartoon and a consist channel that shows them right now this could be what everyone needs.

8.Incredible Hulk - this show would be huge because of the comic book to movie films right now. It could make a huge comeback.

9.Freddy's Nightmares - much much needed for horror fans but I would add more Freddy and stories of Cystal Lake with Jason along with Ash and maybe even some Mikey in it too if Weinstein and New line can agree.

10.Afternoon Specials - this is so much needed since kids spend an average of 5-7 hrs in front of the television a day they could learn something instead of learning it on the streets.

Honorable mention- Schoolhouse rock,Alex Mack, Bobby's World's,Fresh Prince.
              System
              79987 Posts
              16 years, 11 months ago
              I was thinking Animaniacs. They could spoof so many things today. But they'd probably have to tone it down a lot, so it wouldn't be so zany.
                An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss