16 years, 10 months ago
Does anyone remember this annoying show? I would only watch it when there was nothing else on. The most annoying part of the show is when someone would say the 'Secret Word'.
    Thylacine
    1525 Posts
    16 years, 10 months ago
    This show is a classic. I love it to death.

Too bad it isn't on Adult Swim anymore (at least, I don't think it is.)
    "Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
    -Rampage, Beast Wars

the-micro-man
      3492 Posts
      16 years, 10 months ago
      Pee-Wee was, is, and always will be: HILARIOUS!!
        Strandysmommy
        617 Posts
        16 years, 10 months ago
        I only like the early shows. I think it came out around 85-86 and then took a break around 88. Then it came back in the early 90's and it just wasn't fun anymore. Good ole Cowboy Curtis.

Oh, and Jambi: "Mechaleckahi, mechahineyho!"
          Megagents
          1257 Posts
          16 years, 10 months ago
          CartoonFan2780
          Does anyone remember this annoying show? I would only watch it when there was nothing else on. The most annoying part of the show is when someone would say the 'Secret Word'.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You said the secret word which was: "say"
            punky
            441 Posts
            16 years, 10 months ago
            Pee Wee's Playhouse was awesome!!!
              Pastfan245
              125 Posts
              16 years, 10 months ago
              Pee-wee's playhouse was a cool show!

I miss watching the magic screen skits
                Redyoshi
                49 Posts
                16 years, 10 months ago
                I don't even understand why Adult Swim aired this show in the first place. I mean come on, it's a baby show. This show doesn't belong on Adult Swim. If Cartoon Network were to air this it would be more on Tickle U. That's a much better place instead of midnight where all the kids would be asleep. I mean come on, why would Adult Swim air a baby show, people don't watch these type of shows. That's just like if Comedy Central were to air Sesame Street at like 11:30PM. How's THAT gonna appeal to the older audiences. But my brother actually liked watching Pee Wee's Playhouse. That show annoyed me so much especially when all the characters would scream the secret word. That teaches kids more about how to scream at the top of your lungs.
                  badfish420
                  57 Posts
                  16 years, 10 months ago
                  Redyoshi
                  I don't even understand why Adult Swim aired this show in the first place. I mean come on, it's a baby show. This show doesn't belong on Adult Swim. If Cartoon Network were to air this it would be more on Tickle U. That's a much better place instead of midnight where all the kids would be asleep. I mean come on, why would Adult Swim air a baby show, people don't watch these type of shows. That's just like if Comedy Central were to air Sesame Street at like 11:30PM. How's THAT gonna appeal to the older audiences. But my brother actually liked watching Pee Wee's Playhouse. That show annoyed me so much especially when all the characters would scream the secret word. That teaches kids more about how to scream at the top of your lungs.

I for one, LOVED this show as a kid. I think Adult Swim aired this show because Adult Swim's target audience probably grew up around the time that Pee Wee's Playhouse first aired. So they aired it to have nostalgia-addicts relive the magic again.
                    CheezNapkin
                    559 Posts
                    16 years, 10 months ago
                    Redyoshi
                    I don't even understand why Adult Swim aired this show in the first place. I mean come on, it's a baby show. rweqfdhifririewiroqwir

Pee Wee's Playhouse? A baby show? *sigh* you kids make me sick.

Pee Wee's Playhouse wasn't a "baby show". In fact, some people might call it a satire of children's programming that was being aired at the time.

Anyway, I thought it was great that Adult Swim decided to re-air Pee Wee's Playhouse because a lot of people who watch AS remember watching the show as kids, and now that it was back on the air they could "re-live" their childhood, so to speak. Not to mention the show is packed with double entendres and sexual innuendo.

Personally I love Pee Wee's Playhouse. It was so crazy and random and absurd. sure it was annoying, but that was part of its charm :)
                      pikachulover
                      2944 Posts
                      16 years, 10 months ago
                      I loved the secret word. I would get in trouble so much for screaming when I heard the words hours after the show was over.
                        the-micro-man
                        3492 Posts
                        16 years, 10 months ago
                        Redyoshi

Nostalgia. The same reason you're even using this forum. Anyways, I wasn't alive when this show was airing, but I have watched a few clips on YouTube, it's very funny!
                          gustogummi
                          2602 Posts
                          16 years, 10 months ago
                          I remember watching this on CBS back in 1986 when I was 9 years old. And this isn't no baby show.
                            rowemedic
                            180 Posts
                            16 years, 10 months ago
                            red i think you were way off base with your comments earlier about pee wee. first you don't sound very old. this being a website named retrojunk, most people go here to relive events that have already passed.

pee wee was aimed at small children it also had large appeal to older audiances due to its underlying humor which you seem to have passed up.

sorry that you did not like adult swim airing the show but i was greatly pleased that it did becuase i love the show. in fact i bought the christmas special last year. maybe you should try a less retro, junk website.
                            You're Killing Me Smalls!
                              Redyoshi
                              49 Posts
                              16 years, 10 months ago
                              I'm 15 years old. I'm not that young, in fact I'm old enough to remember watching it with my brother on Fox Family channel back in 1998. I liked it back then, though for me, watching it now kind of annoys me. I outgrew this show the same way I outgrew Sesame Street which my brother didn't outgrow until he was in the fourth grade (It was so annoying seeing him watch Elmo's World). Plus I like Retro shows such as The Flintstone Kids, Rocko's Modern Life, Dexter's Laboratory, etc.
                                Quack34
                                39 Posts
                                16 years, 10 months ago
                                This was a great show that won some Emmy awards. It was for kids and adults alike, there would be a random joke sometimes with Miss Yvone where she would indicate she'd like to something more than just "hang out" with Ricardo or some other innuendo. I own these on DVD and they're great to go back and watch.
                                  the-micro-man
                                  3492 Posts
                                  16 years, 10 months ago
                                  rowemedic
                                  red i think you were way off base with your comments earlier about pee wee. first you don't sound very old. this being a website named retrojunk, most people go here to relive events that have already passed.

pee wee was aimed at small children it also had large appeal to older audiances due to its underlying humor which you seem to have passed up.

sorry that you did not like adult swim airing the show but i was greatly pleased that it did becuase i love the show. in fact i bought the christmas special last year. maybe you should try a less retro, junk website.

Hahahaha, www.junk.com !
                                    COOLHAND
                                    2938 Posts
                                    16 years, 10 months ago
                                    I remember this show...plus my friend had all the action figures and the playhouse that you could play with them in...haha
                                      80sVidKid
                                      1169 Posts
                                      16 years, 10 months ago
                                      rowemedic

Probably the best remedy. This site's more for those of us that are already near or passed 30 in order to have something more constructive to say about Pee-Wee since we've lived through that period well (me being 9 as well when that show first aired on CBS). The Adult Swim airings (while probably done so as a nostalgia thing) does bring in a lot of younger viewers who may come off perplexed and confused as to why this show is even being played or remembered at all.
                                      - From The King of Esoteric
                                        gustogummi
                                        2602 Posts
                                        16 years, 10 months ago
                                        80sVidKid
                                        Probably the best remedy. This site's more for those of us that are already near or passed 30 in order to have something more constructive to say about Pee-Wee since we've lived through that period well (me being 9 as well when that show first aired on CBS). The Adult Swim airings (while probably done so as a nostalgia thing) does bring in a lot of younger viewers who may come off perplexed and confused as to why this show is even being played or remembered at all.

I agree with this all the way. I was also 9 when the show originally came out, now I feel old.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss