90skid555
257 Posts
14 years, 1 month ago
Do you plan on sharing your childhood with your kids ? I do I buy old toys and shows I watched as a kid so they can see what I had as a kid
kid still stuck in the 90s
    Strandysmommy
    617 Posts
    14 years, 1 month ago
    I've still got my My Little Ponies and my Legos. I'll give those to my kids before the world of light speed electrical gadgets and virtual worlds poisions their minds to simplicity.
      Ilikethepixies
      5870 Posts
      14 years, 1 month ago
      I only plan on sharing the scheduled, manditory, ritualistic beatings.

Oh, and my SNES.
        mlw1984
        1435 Posts
        14 years, 1 month ago
        I say keep it balanced. Show them the old stuff, but also don't shield them from the new stuff.

I don't have any of my childhood toys, I don't own too many cartoons from my childhood on DVD but a few like Animaniacs.
          TheLady
          89 Posts
          14 years, 1 month ago
          I don't want kids, so I guess sharing my childhood with them would be a little though. ;)
          If anyone can help me get my hands on King Arthur and the Knights of Justice episodes (other than the first five which were released on DVD way back in 2004), please contact me (PM). I really want to see this show again.
            SSJ_Jup81
            4806 Posts
            14 years, 1 month ago
            I do plan on adopting children someday. I'd probably share stuff from my past, but, like another poster said, I'm not going to shield them from modern-day stuff either, as it wouldn't be fair and would be extremely biased to do so.
              myles
              109 Posts
              14 years, 1 month ago
              I probably would share my childhood with my kids, assuming I have kids.

"So much on my mind that I can't recline..."
                Strandysmommy
                617 Posts
                14 years, 1 month ago
                Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna sheild them totally- I just want them to have a healthy appreciation for Mr. Rogers-esque imagination based play before we get into whatever crazy high tech stuff will be the focus of their childhood...which one day in the misty distant future they will come to Retro Junk and reminisce about. :D
                  jenniferswe
                  403 Posts
                  14 years, 1 month ago
                  I'm always saying things to my son like, "When I was a little girl I wasn't allowed to do that!"
                  What are you people!? On dope!?

Cambion
                    335 Posts
                    14 years, 1 month ago
                    I'm not having kids, and one of the reasons for that is because I don't want snot-encrusted fingers groping my precious video game consoles or drool all over my action figures; the offending fingers and jaws would get broken to prevent future offenses. My toys are for me and that's who they'll all ever be for.

I've taken damn good care of my stuff for years so it will last me a long time, and I wouldn't throw all that effort out the window by letting some brat play with any of it.
                      lorax
                      977 Posts
                      14 years, 1 month ago
                      i'll def. share my childhood w/ my kids. Mine did, i even played with some of my mom's old toys. I'll try not to make them feel like they're generation is COMPLETELY terrible though. I just want them to appreciate the decades before them in the same way i do the 60s and 70s.
                      "This scar is a fleck on my porcelain skin, tried to reach deep but you couldn't get in..."
                        nippy
                        2386 Posts
                        14 years, 1 month ago
                        Already have. My kid loves the Thundercats, Transformers, Star Wars, etc.
                          Alyssa_Branen
                          2220 Posts
                          14 years, 1 month ago
                          I try and share some stuff with my almost four year old. He loves the popples and will watch my little pony and care bears sometimes(To his fathers dismay, but I mean come on, he's only three and a half geez he is all boy. He won't go to sleep unless he is holding at least one matchbox)and I got him to watch The Christmas Toy and he likes scooby doo and tom and jerry. However there are alot of stuff I just can't seem to get him to sit down and watch. It's like the cartoons today are all flashy colors and three dimentional and some of the older stuff just doesn't hold their attention.
                          :)
                            Soltydog
                            340 Posts
                            14 years, 1 month ago
                            I gave my daughter all of my old hot wheels and I am looking to get her the hot wheels garage off ebay or a dirt mall someday. Most of the games I played as a kid she loves playing. She doesn't understand that the object of Operation is to not have the nose light up. But she enjoys it and that's all that matters. My wife bought her a metric ton of care bears and my little ponies and she even has a popple.
                            http://cinemarcade.com/movies/arcade84.mpg

If you don't shed a tear at this...you have no soul.

"For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron...but now..you shall witness...its dismemberment"
                              lilginger
                              519 Posts
                              14 years, 1 month ago
                              I share my childhood with my four year old son all the time. Youtube really helps because I can show him what nickelodeon looked like when I was kid. I also can old cartoons on there that we watch together. He is always asking about my childhood and I love sharing it with him.
                              Ask me about my Ballcuzzies :wink:
                                An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss