Alyssa_Branen
2220 Posts
14 years, 1 month ago
I've lost two from highschool and two from gradeschool and i'm only 27. One was a Marine who died in a tragic accident while doing a practice drill and the other they are not sure what caused his death. The two from gradeschool were drug over doses. The highschool ones happened a few years after we graduated highschool in 1999 and the gradeschool ones happened a few years before I graduated highschool. Very sad. My brother is 23 and when he was still in highschool he lost three kids in his class during his sophmore year. Two were killed in car accidents and one was a suicide. It's very unsettling seeing so many people die so young.
:)
    myles
    109 Posts
    14 years, 1 month ago
    Man, I hate when these depressing threads come up...

Anyway, someone in my high school nutrition class passed away. I didn't know him too well, but when it's someone that close to you it really has an effect on you.

"So much on my mind that I can't recline..."
      Emtplatt
      107 Posts
      14 years, 1 month ago
      When I was a freshman on Prom Nite a senior guy wrapped his car around a tree in the local park.
      Later in high school a guy dove into shallow water and broke his neck...
      And earlier this year a girl that had MS passed away...but she lived 10 years longer then expected.
      E to the M to the T...that's me..

If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.
        System
        79987 Posts
        14 years, 1 month ago
        I never kept in touch with the people from high school. They were all bastards. So if any have died, good for them. They actually accomplished something.
          jujubeeme
          402 Posts
          14 years, 1 month ago
          DebrisStorm
          I never kept in touch with the people from high school. They were all bastards. So if any have died, good for them. They actually accomplished something.

:shock:

Are you serious...or joking...??
            System
            79987 Posts
            14 years, 1 month ago
            jujubeeme
            DebrisStorm

:shock:

Are you serious...or joking...??

I'm serious. All of my childhood friends went to other schools. The people I went to school with were assholes. So, I really don't care happens to them.
              DemonEnvy
              128 Posts
              14 years, 1 month ago
              A kid in my 6th grade class who I think was 15, was shot dead by a gang in 1990. But he was asking for it, as he was an uncaring, loud-mouthed, pompous jerk. He had a real bad habit of running his mouth, and he got shot because of his nasty insults to them.

And I found out from an old friend that teenage friend I knew from the 7th grade, died from brain cancer I think in 1994. I just don't believe he and my other male came back down here, after moving to other states in 1990 and 1991. The one who died moved with his dad to Vermont, and the other one moved to Florida with his family, so its a bit far fetched sounding.

As for anyone else, I don't know. I really don't care what becomes of a lot of the ones that went to my intermediate school, because many were assholes who caused a bunch of problems for me; and then some. If they did die,then they deserved it. Good riddance to them.

There was some else who might have died in the early 90's because she had a brain tumor and brain cancer before she moved. But her and her family haven't been seen in this area since. Although, I don't sympathize with her a whole lot, because she lied to me numerous times, she stole some stuff from me; and was whispering bullshit about me to my worst enemy. She was even telling my enemy personal stuff and secrets I told her.

However, I sympathize more with her family since I knew some of them.

Video may have killed the radio star, but reality crapfests killed the video.
                Ilikethepixies
                5870 Posts
                14 years, 1 month ago
                Yeah, sure.

They've passed on to all sorts of interesting career fields and educations. They're really doing great, and I'm proud of 'em!

God bless 'em, every single one of 'em! Passin' on to bigger and greater things!
                  lilginger
                  519 Posts
                  14 years, 1 month ago
                  In elementary school we had a kid named Stormy that died when he had a seizure under water. Then in High School we had a kid named Michael who was in a car accident and when he was running from the scene for some reason his heart exploded. I thought it was sad when a whole bunch of people were trying to cut class to say they were going to his funeral.
                  Ask me about my Ballcuzzies :wink:
                    mr3urious
                    3356 Posts
                    14 years, 1 month ago
                    Two high school students who worked at Subway were shot down by three other boys they knew. They had robbed the store and later killed them. Very tragic. :cry:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -Kurt Cobain
                      lorax
                      977 Posts
                      14 years, 1 month ago
                      In my class alone we've lost 3 (going on 4) people. 3 of them from car accidents and one is not doing so well health-wise. It's really sad, cuz it's all people i knew/know. We haven't been out of school long either, just 3 years. man, now i'm depressed...
                      "This scar is a fleck on my porcelain skin, tried to reach deep but you couldn't get in..."
                        70schild
                        3 Posts
                        14 years, 1 month ago
                        a boy i sat next to in homeroom in 1978 died earlier this year from a head-on car crash. i had a crush on him back then, and only re-connected with him 2 years ago when i went into a furniture store and he was working there. he was a very talented person, played guitar,piano,drums and sang very well. i went to the funeral service....there wasn't a dry eye in the entire church,there were a couple hundred people there.i still miss him.
                          TheWizard241
                          455 Posts
                          14 years, 1 month ago
                          only 1 kid that i know of from my class died..it was a few years after graduation and from what i've heard about it, he and his girlfriend were driving along some country roads somewhere in the northeast (new hamshire or vermont) and a truck lost control and smashed into his car. not sure if his girlfriend lived or not but i know he died.

kinda sucks, of all the people that could happen to, he was like the nicest guy i can remember from school. he was laid back, and always nice to everybody. it didn't matter if you were a geek, a jock, an outcast or popular, everybody liked him and he liked everybody.
                            JP
                            1826 Posts
                            14 years, 1 month ago
                            I went to kindergarten with a girl who died. We were close friends then, and ocassionally would run into her and her mother around town. Then on Jan 2, 2002, I open up the paper to read the obits, and there's her obit w/picture. She died New Years Day. Well, my mother and I were both shocked, so we went to the visitation later that night. Then a couple of years later her mother died. Never did find out what happened to her. the mother was 60, and the daughter was 19.

To add insult to injury, I was doing some research at the courthouse and I found out I was related to both of them. I thougth "Crap"
                            What is popular isn't always right; What is Right isn't always popular.
                              thecrow174
                              9986 Posts
                              14 years, 1 month ago
                              I had a friend who I met in high school and he got into a deadly car accident in 2004.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

Come have the time of YOUR life with me and the gang at Retro-daze.org.
                                KRW
                                431 Posts
                                14 years, 1 month ago
                                Actually there was a guy I knew, and he wasn't a classmate but rather a volunteer assisstant for after-school activities. I met the guy a few times before during my after-school program but recently he died from choking on his own vomit while he slept. He never drank, smoked or did drugs or anything like that. He had a stomach virus for a week before his passing.
                                  Emtplatt
                                  107 Posts
                                  14 years, 1 month ago
                                  Wow I would take a bet that all of your that have said good riddance to all of these people have never seen someone die or held their hand as they did. Everybody has a mother...maybe not the greatest but one none the less. Think back to the way you were as a child...if you were abused or a had it rough would you have been a "nice person"? Maybe these people were bad or mean but it still makes me sad to the see the disregard for human life...plus the far reaching impact that their death had on "good people" in the world...

Respectfully
                                  E to the M to the T...that's me..

If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head.
                                    Alyssa_Branen
                                    2220 Posts
                                    14 years, 1 month ago
                                    There are alot of people that were assholes to me in Jr High and Highschool that I imagine are not doing so well with themselves in life right now. Dealing drugs or addicted to them, etc. They were really cruel to me about my weight and i'm sure at the time I wished they would just die (almost positive I probably said it once or twice.) but now that i'm older I find it really sad and I'd rather they were able to get their lives together and be happy, then maybe they would treat others better. I have a feeling the majority of the kids that were a-holes to me had pretty sucky home lives. I remember one girl that was in my creative writing class was a year older than me and treated me worse than any boy ever had. She was reading a composition about how when she was 11 her mom had saved up enough money to take her on a trip to Florida to go to Disney World and how it would have been the first time she would have left the state before. Then her step dad got out of jail and instead of taking her to Disney World, the step dad spent the money that was saved on pot and booze.
                                    :)
                                      Video_Jukebox
                                      1068 Posts
                                      14 years, 1 month ago
                                      I've lost three of them, actually. One died in a drunk driving accident. They found a half-drunken bottle of vodka between his legs once they managed to extract his chest from the steering wheel. He had three other friends in the car, too; they survived, but haven't been the same since.

Another died of cancer. Cool kid, loved Blind Melon. He told me once he mailed a fan letter to Shannon Hoon just a few short days before he died, and never knew if Shannon got it or not. Well, at least he's with Shannon now.

The third was an old friend of mine I went to grade school with way back when. He was the class clown, constantly bouncing off the walls and driving the teachers crazy. I can still hear his pre-pubescent voice as he played "Bowling for Burgers" by hurling his book bag into the pile of other kids' book bags on the floor bowling alley style. Years later, he'd drop out of high school, start drinking, and knock
                                      himself into a coma in a drunk driving accident. (Yeah, where I grew up, drunk driving is practically a sport.) He recovered from that, sobered up, got his GED, went to college, and straightened himself out. We were all proud of him. He was on his way back from work in the middle of January, driving down Dead Man's Curve when the road was icy, when his car skidded off the road and into a tree. Shit. :(
                                      "Preserving the old ways from being abused,
                                      Protecting the new ways for me and for you.
                                      What more can we do?"
                                      --The Kinks, "Village Green Preservation Society"
                                        jenniferswe
                                        403 Posts
                                        14 years, 1 month ago
                                        Years after we graduated. A classmate of mine had MD or MS(I don't remember which). Anyway, he died from it.
                                        What are you people!? On dope!?

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss