Jake_1079
66 Posts
13 years, 11 months ago
How many can agree that DICs verson of the blue hedgehog was a complete pansie? He's got atitude?!?! He has about as much atitude as a little girl hopping around a field picking little flowers. I mean he was kool in the games but he just sucked in this cartoon. Plus he was just some freak that acted happy all the time, and acted like he was the center of the universe. Yes sonic we know your kool but when you keep saying your kool at a constant rate its just annoying and stupid, like monkey D Luffy in the 4kids dub of one piece saying ( IM GONNA BE KING OF THE PIRATES! IM GONNA BE KING OF THE PIRATES! IM GONNA BE KING OF THE PIRATES!) Satam Sonics the exact same way only its ( IM WAY PAST KOOL!) thrown in instead. Theres also the fact that he almost never uses his brain in this show. I mean hes a complete idiot, and Sallys always having to pull him out of the mudd when he screws up because he almost never thinks and just rushes in. Oh and just as a side note theres also the fact that sonic and his freedom fighting frineds were all tree huggers! Think about it! Doctor robotnic would always throw in that one of his devices. or machines gave off pollution and there was the fact that they would always say they hated his pollution. Isnt odviuos DIC was trying to turn the little blue hedgehog into another caption planet? and theres the fact that they lived in the forest naked and lived in trees. To tell you the truth I actually liked Sonic underground better then Satam because. At least Sonic used his brain, and didnt say past kool constanty. There was still freedom fighters but at least they wore cloths now and had up to date techollogy and not those stupid wooden catapults, and they didnt live outside naked. Also the setting was more beleavable. Since Robotnic didnt turn all the citizens of mobius into robots, and there it took place in other parts of the world. I mean he might have just turned himself into a robot to since that was so he could be stronger and less human. Does anyone else agree with me?
    Greengoblin
    1731 Posts
    13 years, 11 months ago
    No way, who cares if it's not faithful to the games? i always loved this show since i was 11 and it's one of my favorite cartoons.

Sally Acorn was babe-o-licous and always walked naked with that sexy body like a swimsuit model.
      Captain_Howdy30
      2207 Posts
      13 years, 11 months ago
      Sally Acorn. I would totally name my kid that if the judge hadn't ruled against me having any children ever.
        System
        79987 Posts
        13 years, 11 months ago
        The only DIC Sonic I watched was the more goofy one with the two robots that worked for Dr. Robotnik...even though I know Sonic Satam is the one that was really popular with the Sonic fans. I just always missed it when it was on, cause I was watching other things. I'm sure everyone agrees that Sonic Underground was the worst Sonic cartoon of them all.
          SSJ_Jup81
          4806 Posts
          13 years, 11 months ago
          I've never seen Sonic Underground, so I can't say I share that sentiment of its being the worst one ever. The storyline seemed odd for it, but when you think about it, it's just another alt storyline for the Sonic franchise.

I guess the OP would've enjoyed Sonic X since it did stick to the games, albeit, the later ones.

Sonic SatAM is still one of my favorites. I still wish I read the comics it was based around.
            the-micro-man
            3492 Posts
            13 years, 11 months ago
            I've seen it, I didn't think it was that bad.
              gustogummi
              2602 Posts
              13 years, 11 months ago
              I prefer the games.
                Lady_Mew2
                12 Posts
                13 years, 11 months ago
                I miss this show. I'm glad I saved the theme on youtube.
                  System
                  79987 Posts
                  13 years, 11 months ago
                  I watched this cartoon a while ago after not seeing it for about 10 years and good lord is it corny. It's also not this "gritty and dark" show that the fans say it is.
                    Memories
                    30 Posts
                    13 years, 11 months ago
                    It was favorite saturday morning cartoon, better than Adventure of Sonic the hedgehog.
                      Hiro
                      248 Posts
                      13 years, 11 months ago
                      It wasn't that bad. It's much better than the other Sonic cartoons.
                        Jake_1079
                        66 Posts
                        13 years, 11 months ago
                        Why do so many people hate sonic underground anyway? I think it was better writen then sonic satam, and it had more of a Dystopian feel to it. Satam was just nature vs industrial which is why it was stupid. Yes I know it was stupid of them to make sonic a twin brother and sister. But Sonic underground had more going for it. I mean you had various citys, people, cultures, You actually had more of Modius in this cartoon then in the Satam cartoon. It wasent just the forest Robotropolis and other parts of nature, and it had more technology, and Sonic was a hell of alot smarter and had a better voice then in the previous cartoon. I dont know I just like it a hell of alot better then the stupid tree hugging satam cartoon, hands down.
                          DMoney89
                          2503 Posts
                          13 years, 11 months ago
                          I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else. Sonic SATAM was a lot better than most of the other Sonic shows, especially Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Ugh...if you wanna talk about corny...
                            pikachulover
                            2944 Posts
                            13 years, 11 months ago
                            There was not one series that I hated. I think SATAM was a bit weak for me in many ways. I liked the goofy Adventures of Sonic. I liked Underground too. I watched it concurrently with Sonic X.
                              jango52577
                              2805 Posts
                              13 years, 11 months ago
                              -Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was alright for cheap weekday entertainment...

-Sonic Underground was written by a conference room of suits who hadn't watched SatAM and thought kids liked a bunch of corny songs inter spliced with action...

-Sonic X blew chunks on so many levels...

SatAM was the only Sonic cartoon worth watching and sure all the characters except Robotnik and Snively were naked except for shoes, but they were animals not to mention cartoon animals. I'm sure your dog or cat would look silly in pants.

SatAM is also the only Sonic show with a cult fanbase and following. I don't know of any SoUnd or AOSTH groupies. Check out the numerous fan sites for proof.

My other guess as to why you are so heavily critical of SatAM is because you were either a casual Sonic fan (because it was the "in" thing at the time) or you weren't a Sonic fan at all. I owned a Sega Genesis and lived, sleeped, and breathed Sonic throughout most of my childhood. He was my hero. SatAM Sonic wasn't a pansy, he just wasn't afraid of showing real feelings and emotion.

BACK OFF, NINTENDO NERD!
                                jango52577
                                2805 Posts
                                13 years, 11 months ago
                                Greengoblin
                                No way, who cares if it's not faithful to the games? i always loved this show since i was 11 and it's one of my favorite cartoons.

Sally Acorn was babe-o-licous and always walked naked with that sexy body like a swimsuit model.

To this day I have a deep crush on Princess Sally. I'm a Furry and I'm not afraid to say she is the most beautiful cartoon chick ever conceived...^_^ :P
                                  agentkev
                                  819 Posts
                                  13 years, 11 months ago
                                  jango52577
                                  -Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog was alright for cheap weekday entertainment...

-Sonic Underground was written by a conference room of suits who hadn't watched SatAM and thought kids liked a bunch of corny songs inter spliced with action...

SatAM was the only Sonic cartoon worth watching and sure all the characters except Robotnik and Snively were naked except for shoes, but they were animals not to mention cartoon animals. I'm sure your dog or cat would look silly in pants.

SatAM is also the only Sonic show with a cult fanbase and following. I don't know of any SoUnd or AOSTH groupies. Check out the numerous fan sites for proof.

My other guess as to why you are so heavily critical of SatAM is because you were either a casual Sonic fan (because it was the "in" thing at the time) or you weren't a Sonic fan at all. I owned a Sega Genesis and lived, sleeped, and breathed Sonic throughout most of my childhood. He was my hero. SatAM Sonic wasn't a pansy, he just wasn't afraid of showing real feelings and emotion.

BACK OFF, NINTENDO NERD!

OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!

Me and my buddy Jason were huge sonic Fans... we leived and breathed Sonic.. it used to be mario when i was a kid..but Sonic IMO was so much better,..when he came around I was like.. Mario who? I think mario is ok..I'd still play his games..but I still am a big sonic fan..
                                  nWo 4-Life!

Resident Pokemon Advisor :)
                                    SSJ_Jup81
                                    4806 Posts
                                    13 years, 11 months ago
                                    pikachulover
                                    There was not one series that I hated. I think SATAM was a bit weak for me in many ways. I liked the goofy Adventures of Sonic. I liked Underground too. I watched it concurrently with Sonic X.
                                    I liked all of them too, not counting Sonic Underground since I've never seen it, and can't comment on it. Although, of the ones I have seen, I did like SatAM best, then Sonic X, then Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
                                      System
                                      79987 Posts
                                      13 years, 11 months ago
                                      Jake_1079
                                      and Sonic was a hell of alot smarter and had a better voice then in the previous cartoon.

well yeah, after all, Urkel did Sonics voice in Adventures adn the Saturday morning show
                                        Jake_1079
                                        66 Posts
                                        13 years, 11 months ago
                                        jango52577

BACK OFF, NINTENDO NERD!

Shut the hell up with that sega vs nintendo crap. Thats not what were talking about here. Look I liked it as a kid but because Im an adult now. ( and as a casual furr I might add) I think its inmature and stupid, AND DONT CALL ME A [email protected]#$ING NINTENDO NERD!!!!!!!!!!! I mean
                                        I hate that stupid sega vs nintendo crap to. why cant us fans of both sides just get along now. I mean you sega fans sound just like the south with you. THE SEGA WILL RISE AGAIN!!!!!!!! Thats not what this forum post is about. I love the sonic games. I hate this cartoon however. Because its not how I imagion the true sonic. I mean hes not bad @ss in Satam, He wont even say bad @ss in this cartoon because he doesnt want to offend the children. But thats not to say I dont like some older cartoons. But some I dislike, and this was one of them. But this is just opinion and if I dont like it I dont like it and thats that.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss