Influence
366 Posts
13 years, 11 months ago
It seems almost just about everything else is released, or is going to be released, except this show. I know its because of the music rights and blah blah bullshit but come on. Anyone have any updates on if it still won't be released or if it will finally be released. You know how many people would friggen buy this???

also a side question. Will Nick's Doug be released? Whats keeping that?

Sorry guys, its just I was thinking about this show, and I just really want it. I want to watch the one where those 3 chicks, Winnie, Becky and that other chick are in Kevin's daydream as alien chicks. I want to see the episode where the car gets set in neutral, or reverse, and starts rolling away down the street. I want to see the episode where Kevin sees this girl, that he hasn't seen in a long time, at a pinic and she wants to go skinny dipping. I want to see that hot girl in Kevin's french class, thank you Optimus Douche for reminding me about him asking her for butter. I want to see the episode where Kevin sees Winni as a cheerleader and you hear Daniel Stern say "Hug her, squeeze her, kiss her on the lips" lol I WANT THIS SHOW!
"I love the powerglove......it's so bad...."
    13 years, 11 months ago
    Money and frakin incompetence are what's stopping the Arnold clan from whirring in our DVD drives.

Last I heard they couldn't figure out the music royalties, becasue DVDs were still alien technology when the show started.

I'll admit I'm a purist. The music was so integral to the show, I don't want to sully my memories by watching it without the songs.
      gumbyman
      2008 Posts
      13 years, 11 months ago
      I hope so, that was an awesome show :)
        sikkbones
        1262 Posts
        13 years, 11 months ago
        isn't the reaosns the muppet babies isn't on DVD for similar reasons?
          punky
          441 Posts
          13 years, 11 months ago
          I would LOVE for The Wonder Years to be released on DVD...I would HAVE to buy it!!!
            80s90sboy87
            376 Posts
            13 years, 11 months ago
            This was a good show, theres so many shows and movies that I want that aren't on dvd yet.
              joecool85
              375 Posts
              13 years, 11 months ago
              I agree. But thank god, I had a chance to record all of them on ion Television. On all DVD-Rs.
                mostofthetime
                222 Posts
                13 years, 11 months ago
                Someone is holding out for more money...

http://www.myspace.com/mostofthetime

IT'S MY MONEY! AND I WANT IT NOW!!:)
                  arware24
                  77 Posts
                  13 years, 11 months ago
                  Well, as far as that goes I know this. Columbia Pictures was bought out by Sony which is now Sony Pictures. I think they hold the rights to that show. I know they hold others rights to shows like "Blossom", "Just the Ten of US", and a few others. I really wish they would release what they have.
                  arware
                    Krayzee
                    1032 Posts
                    13 years, 11 months ago
                    I miss Wonder Years. I remember watching it when I was like 5.

I wonder why reruns aren't on TV anymore.
                    92 til Infinity
                      System
                      79987 Posts
                      13 years, 11 months ago
                      My friend was looking for that very thing. I didn't even consider that The Wonder Years hasn't been released out on DVD yet. I mean, everything else has, why not an awesome show like The Wonder Years?
                        Caps_2-0(Moderator)
                        2745 Posts
                        13 years, 11 months ago
                        sikkbones

Indeed. Much like "The Wonder Years" made extensive use of pre-existing music, "Muppet Babies" made extensive user of film and TV clips. A few episodes were made available with some Muppet Babies dolls a few years ago, but I'm assuming that those episodes were less clip-heavy than others.

I'd like to see both shows released on DVD, but the only way to get them is through fly-by-night sellers who are found in the Google links areas.
                          13 years, 11 months ago
                          Caps_20
                          sikkbones

Indeed. Much like "The Wonder Years" made extensive use of pre-existing music, "Muppet Babies" made extensive user of film and TV clips. A few episodes were made available with some Muppet Babies dolls a few years ago, but I'm assuming that those episodes were less clip-heavy than others.

I'd like to see both shows released on DVD, but the only way to get them is through fly-by-night sellers who are found in the Google links areas.

One of the major problems with Muppet Babies is that alot of the footage shown in the cartoon was at the time in public domian. Also Jim Henson was able to get alot of the footage,because of who he was and the relationshps he had with several people. If Mr Henson was still alive today, I think he probably would have been able to get the series out on DVD alot sooner. Another problem for the Muppet franchise is that their current owners Disney don't really put that much thought into older properties as seen in their bare bones treatment of the Disney Afternoon properies.
                          Who knows what is really real? That is the true question isn't it?
                            Jeff84
                            284 Posts
                            13 years, 11 months ago
                            arware24
                            I know they hold others rights to shows like "Blossom", "

First off, thanks to Ion TV I was able to see the whole series. This was a show unlike any other because the superb cast had the skill to provoke laughter, sorrow, and a wide range of other emotions form the audience. But, if they ever release Blossom on DVD I will shoot myself!!! :evil:
                            y
                              An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss