Nurdeth
2 Posts
13 years, 10 months ago
I am looking for an image or the name of the X-Men episode where Gambit walks around in nothing but a speedo. This would be from the series that ran from 1992-1997 on FOX.

I am doing a project on pop culture and gender and really wanted to use this particular image of him to show an example of how even a show for children can highlight certain *ahem* large aspects of the male body.

If anyone can direct me to the image or the episode name I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
    velcrohead
    580 Posts
    13 years, 10 months ago
    Wow...you actually created an account here for the sole purpose of asking that?

A "project," eh... Sure....
      System
      79987 Posts
      13 years, 10 months ago
      velcrohead
      Wow...you actually created an account here for the sole purpose of asking that?

A "project," eh... Sure....

People do desperate things when a "project" is due the next day.

PS: I think the project is a screen saver similar to the one Smithers has of Mr. Burns...
        HarryReems
        2067 Posts
        13 years, 10 months ago
        That sounds horrible. You don't need that.
          billcozby
          1358 Posts
          13 years, 10 months ago
          i'm gunna look for one :]
            Videogamenerd
            1202 Posts
            13 years, 10 months ago
            That is kinda disturbing to know you want anything like that.
            [sub] [/sub]

Charon
              91 Posts
              13 years, 10 months ago
              Count me in, I like that.
                Nurdeth
                2 Posts
                13 years, 9 months ago
                No, I did not create an account here just to ask that. I have been a long time reader of the articles on this website.

As for the project, yes it seems like a weird request, but think about it. X-Men is a kid's show, and sure it might have had more adult themes, but why in a show geared towards kids does the hegemony of masculinity persist, in particular the issue of the male body? I thought the scene was very weird myself, so thats why I remember it.

And X-Men is hardly the only show, cartoon or not, that exhibits fetishism the body. As we can recall, most of the female characters on X-Men had a little fetishism of the body going on too. :P

Homophobia aside, I hope someone can remember the episode , because for the life of me, while I can a find a whole bunch of images of Gambit, they are not the one I want, and youtube has a bunch of clips, but would take me forever to find the right one
                  HarryReems
                  2067 Posts
                  13 years, 9 months ago
                  fetishism?
                  Cause Wolverine had big muscles and Storm had a big rack?
                  I guess if they were fat slobs it would be acceptable, and no term papers would be written about it.

I have a picture of wolverine popping his zits. Do you want that?
                    An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss