AlexG26
2 Posts
13 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone, I need help in identifying several cartoons and a movie from my childhood that have jogged my mind for a long time. I search several pages of the forum and couldn't find them. This might be a long post cause I remember a lot of the shows but not names of characters or the shows themselves.

Movie #1
I think it was a late 80's movie. There were these three boys and a dog that went into a spooky, abandoned mansion. They entered into a large room that was lit red and one of the boys shut the door locking the other two boys in the room. The two boys try to find a way out and all the things in the room come to life. One of the scariest parts was the camera zooming in on a rocking horse's head and the horse "nayyed" in a very spooky way. I also remember that a big portarit picture in the room bursted into flames. The boys did find a way out but several ghosts, one was an old man I think, were stalking them. And at the end, the credits rolled over exterior shots of the manison.

Cartoon #1
I think this was anime cause I remember the art style and it might have been a movie. I remember it took place in a older time period, feutal era of Asia? All I remember was it starred a boy and this big white dragon and the boy traveled from village to village showing them how to bake or make bread I think. In the end, the boy got caught in a raging river and the dragon tried to save him and both fell over a waterfall. On the shore of the river, the boy is crying over the dragon's dead body. The dragon then begins to melt/decompose away rapidly and all there remains is this young blond woman who is alive.

Cartoon #2
Another anime I think from the 80's. The main character was a short blue & red robot with a human face and arm blaster (can't remember if his hand turned into the blaster or it was attached to his arm). I remember his voice was very weird, like froggy. Before anyone suggests, this was NOT Captain N's Mega Man. He looked like him but it wasn't him. The robot lived with a brown haired young woman, a bunch of other robots and his creator, a short black man with dark glasses. The bad guys were led by a black haired man in a business suit who had a robotic body underneath. He had two henchwomen, one wore a white business suit and a fedora and the other was black, had an afro, and wore an orange business suit. I strongly remember a funny scene with the three villains:

The lead bad guy comes into a room where the two women are watching video screens and they ask how is he. He raves and such and his suit rips off revealing his robotic body. The girl in the white suit screeks and the black girl says "Sir, you're ripping out of your clothes!" He looks and tries to cover himself saying "Oh sorry ladies."

Much apprecitation for anyone who can help me in identifying these.
    System
    79987 Posts
    13 years, 8 months ago
    Cartoon #2 could be kikiada the animation, BUT that didnt come around till 2000 I beleive. But i can't imagine the Japanese having a blue and red robot other then kikaida, Metalider doen't count since that was orginaly going to be a Kikiada remake anyway.
      Straydog
      987 Posts
      13 years, 8 months ago
      Cartoon #1
      "I think this was anime cause I remember the art style and it might have been a movie. I remember it took place in a older time period, feutal era of Asia? All I remember was it starred a boy and this big white dragon and the boy traveled from village to village showing them how to bake or make bread. In the end, the boy got caught in a raging river and the dragon tried to save him and both fell over a waterfall"

Sounds like,...

Taro the Dragon Boy[/url]

Taro the Dragon Boy
      Pic Gallery
      at Slocartoon.net
      --------------

Cartoon #2
      ["The main character was a short blue & red robot with a human face and arm blaster"
      ... "The robot lived with a brown haired young woman, a bunch of other robots and his creator"..." The bad guys were led by a black haired man in a business suit who had a robotic body underneath. He had two henchwomen, one wore a white business suit and a fedora and the other was black, had an afro"

Possibly,...

Robby the Rascal[/b]

a.k.a. Cybot Robotchi

-------------------------
        AlexG26
        2 Posts
        13 years, 8 months ago
        Straydog
        Sounds like,...

Taro the Dragon Boy[/url]

Taro the Dragon Boy
        Pic Gallery
        at Slocartoon.net
        --------------

Possibly,...

Robby the Rascal[/b]

a.k.a. Cybot Robotchi

-------------------------[/quote]

YES YES YES!!! Thank you!! Those are the two. I checked them on youtube and the web and it's them. It's been like 15+ years I've seen them. Thank you so very much StrayDog!! You're my hero!
          joblo
          33 Posts
          13 years, 7 months ago
          Any idea about that movie? Sounds interesting.
            Straydog
            987 Posts
            13 years, 7 months ago
            Sounds like an
            ABC Weekend Special

The Red Room Riddle

-view clip from-
            The Red Room Riddle
            ----------------------------
              An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss