gaastra
473 Posts
13 years, 7 months ago
For you jem fans.

http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=160560
    Caps_2-0(Moderator)
    2745 Posts
    13 years, 7 months ago
    Alright. If this happens, I would really enjoy seeing it. Looking at the message boards, people are debating whether Hillary Duff or Ashley Tisdale would be the better Jem. I'm not quite sure which I'd go. Maybe they could have Tisdale as Jerrica Benton (Jem's real form) and Duff as Jem. Yes, I think they're both talented and I like both their voices, and both could work well in this movie.
      System
      79987 Posts
      13 years, 7 months ago
      Ohhh...I hope it's as good as that Josie and the Pussycats movie. That was great :\
        13 years, 7 months ago
        Hmmmm...yay? :)
        I am Ricky, hear me think! :D
          80skidAK
          701 Posts
          13 years, 7 months ago
          As an 80s guy, I got a lot of love and respect for 80s girls. So it's cool that Hollywood's noticing them.

As for Ashley Tisdale or Hillary Duff, I don't know- they're not glamorous enough to be Jem. If it was 5-6 years ago, Britney would be perfect, but obviously not any more...
            13 years, 7 months ago
            I think the role of Jem should be giving to someone thats up and coming talent, i can't see either Tisdale or Duff as Jem kinnda ruins a classic.
              lorax
              977 Posts
              13 years, 7 months ago
              Wait, so is it going to be live action? cuz I'm pretty sure that's pretty much what Hannah Montana is...
              "This scar is a fleck on my porcelain skin, tried to reach deep but you couldn't get in..."
                SladeGarrison
                121 Posts
                13 years, 7 months ago
                Okay a Jem movie just might be pretty cool. I watched a few episodes when I was younger. But yeah, I can't see any of the Disney Whores playing Jem. They can't even sing that well. If anything, they need to get some unknown chick who can sing 80's music.
                  havokric
                  363 Posts
                  13 years, 7 months ago
                  they CANNOT make this movie before a "kidd video movie"!!!
                  cool blurb here
                    vintagefantasy
                    1041 Posts
                    13 years, 7 months ago
                    you know even if disney stars do it, it still could be good if they have a good story and stick to it
                    and don't try to glamorize it. This could be an overall good idea

Can u picture that - Th
                      13 years, 7 months ago
                      Oh Jem, you are truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly, truly outrageous.
                      Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
                        frito23
                        926 Posts
                        13 years, 7 months ago
                        80skidAK
                        As an 80s guy, I got a lot of love and respect for 80s girls. So it's cool that Hollywood's noticing them.

As for Ashley Tisdale or Hillary Duff, I don't know- they're not glamorous enough to be Jem. If it was 5-6 years ago, Britney would be perfect, but obviously not any more...
                        who the hell is ashley tisdale?
                          SladeGarrison
                          121 Posts
                          13 years, 7 months ago
                          frito23
                          80skidAK

who the hell is ashley tisdale?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0864308/

have fun
                            Thylacine
                            1525 Posts
                            13 years, 7 months ago
                            Finally! It only took them 24 years to make one huh?

Whoever they get to play Jem is that they have to be able to sing, and be over 21. Just to be accurate, since I'm assuming she's probably 24-25ish in the cartoon. The Disney Girls are more suited to playing Kimber, since they're younger and they'll fit the role better than they would Jem.

Liz Phair wouold also make a kick ass Pizzazz. That all I got for the Misfits though.
                            "Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
                            -Rampage, Beast Wars

Ned
                              327 Posts
                              13 years, 7 months ago
                              I like the music in Jem, so I may just go and see this.
                                Jeff84
                                284 Posts
                                13 years, 7 months ago
                                Gross :(
                                y
                                  KittenFangs
                                  154 Posts
                                  13 years, 7 months ago
                                  I wouldn't get my hopes up on this being any good...And I agree with Thylacine that Jem/Jerrica needs to be an older actress as she was also a business woman, right? But I don't really think that would happen. There would be to much desire to use some teenage bimbo to appeal to today's audience forgetting that the real Jem fans are adults now and remember how it should be. I would also hope that they would set in in the 80s rather than updating it. Heck, forget the movie. I'll just go watch my dvds.
                                    SilverSpeedy
                                    248 Posts
                                    13 years, 7 months ago
                                    They're not actors...but what about The Donnas? They might do a good acting job in this if they were supposed to....

13 years, 7 months ago
                                      Not surprised at all to hear that a possible Jem movie is in the works; of all the 80's toyline concepts Jem has been the one that seemed the easiest to update, especially when consider all of the "reality tv" music contests that are out there today. As for the Tisdale/Duff debate, well I'm a fan of the Suite Life of Zach and Cody and I do think that Ashley Disdale is one of the more talented Disney "stars" and after catching High School Musical 2 this past Friday night, I think that Ashley would make a great choice to play Phylis Gabor aka Pizzazz the leader/lead singer of the Misfits. As to Jerrica and Jem, I think the past route would be to find an unknown actress/singer probably between 17-23yrs of age, I'd suggest the same with the other members of the Holograms and the Misfits and Stingers(if they wanted to add them, personally I'd have the Stingers in as the already big band with the Holograms and Misfits as the up and comers.)

Like adapting any cartoon, comic book or video game if the project is handled with care then it could be awesome if it isn't and the company is just out to make a quick buck then it could and most likely will be a disaster.
                                      Who knows what is really real? That is the true question isn't it?
                                        misspiggy
                                        1442 Posts
                                        13 years, 7 months ago
                                        They definatly shouldn't use any of the popular Disney teens.

Maybe they should use some girl who is actually in a band. There are plenty of talented young people out there trying to make it who would jump at the chance for the exposure.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss