animaniac318
384 Posts
13 years, 7 months ago
What were some of the habits you had as a child? For me I had lots of them... The most memorable is probably blowing bubbles with my spit. I don't know why I used to do it, I found no fun in it. I guess I did it when I was bored. Other memorable habits was plucking hair out of my head, I also never got rid of my passafire till I was 8 or 9.
    JK_Yoda
    793 Posts
    13 years, 7 months ago
    Thumb sucking. Was so addictive.
      Timothy1964
      520 Posts
      13 years, 7 months ago
      Walking on my tiptoes, flopping my arms when running.
        Jennings
        456 Posts
        13 years, 7 months ago
        I use to jump off the arm of my couch and land right down on my knees, it never hurt and I would do it over and over again. I dont really recall it being fun, it was just something to do.

Also I would bite the insides of my mouth, I still kind of do but not as much s I did as a kid. When I would do it though it would perch my lips out like I was going to give someone a kiss.
          Alyssa_Branen
          2220 Posts
          13 years, 7 months ago
          Apparently I sniffed my food alot before I ate it as a kid. I don't remember that at all but I have a few witnesses that swear I did, so I guess they are right. I still bite my nails and I still have a habit that I picked up when I was younger, which was flicking my hair between my fingers. Kind of like twirling your hair but flicking.
          :)
            NickRules
            4941 Posts
            13 years, 7 months ago
            Apparently I had a horrible nail biting habit that I don't remember, but my parents do. It got so bad and they even took me to the doctor and had him suggest nasty tasting nail polish or something so I would stop, BUT I DON'T REMEMBER EVER BITING MY NAILS LOL. I cant even bite my nails now, they are too hard.

I also sucked my thumb until I was like, 12 o_o hahaha thats why I needed braces.

Ummmm, I used to lick my lips a lot, and in elementary school id always have embarrassing rashes around my mouth due to that, sometimes id miss school because it was so bad.

I also had a habit of chewing on my hair.
              cowandchicken
              643 Posts
              13 years, 7 months ago
              When I was little I had the habit of pulling my hair out. I would curl it around mt finger and pull it off. It gave me random bald spots when I was 5.

I just can't help but think of my cousin at this point. He did the same thing, but not out of habit. He pulled all of his hair out in the middle of his head because he wanted to look older! :lol:
                misspiggy
                1442 Posts
                13 years, 7 months ago
                I would push my thumbnail in between my teeth on the bottom middle of my mouth. I don't know why, it kinda hurt since my teeth were very close together.
                I also did and still do, tuck my thumb into my hand and wrap the rest of my fingers around it. For some reason it is comforting when I am nervous.

My daughter, from the time she was born, has put her finger in her eye to fall asleep. It's horrible and I can't seem to get her to stop. She can't sleep unless she has a finger sticking out of her eye.
                  NickRules
                  4941 Posts
                  13 years, 7 months ago
                  misspiggy
                  My daughter, from the time she was born, has put her finger in her eye to fall asleep. It's horrible and I can't seem to get her to stop. She can't sleep unless she has a finger sticking out of her eye.

What the hell? :lol:
                    SladeGarrison
                    121 Posts
                    13 years, 7 months ago
                    biting my nails. I never had a problem just letting them grow until I got into the 6th grade. some kid in my math class told me "long nails are for girls." and so I just bit them off right afterwards and haven't stopped. I've tried, and I have like...one long nail on each hand, not like "HOLY COKE-NAIL BATMAN!" style. just slightly longer than the finger itself. and when one of the nails grows long, I bite the first long one to make it short again....yeah...I guess I really am that messed up.

Another habit is that I can put my feet behind my head. Except I do that now as a parlor trick because people don't believe a fat guy like me can do that.
                      NickRules
                      4941 Posts
                      13 years, 7 months ago
                      SladeGarrison
                      biting my nails. I never had a problem just letting them grow until I got into the 6th grade. some kid in my math class told me "long nails are for girls." and so I just bit them off right afterwards and haven't stopped. I've tried, and I have like...one long nail on each hand, not like "HOLY COKE-NAIL BATMAN!" style. just slightly longer than the finger itself. and when one of the nails grows long, I bite the first long one to make it short again....yeah...I guess I really am that messed up.

Another habit is that I can put my feet behind my head. Except I do that now as a parlor trick because people don't believe a fat guy like me can do that.

I always found it weird when men kept their nails long. I guess its because I myself have short nails and find long nails gross. I see a lot of the time some men have short nails and keep the pinky nail super long, its like wtf.

and how is putting your feet behind your head a habit? :lol:
                        misspiggy
                        1442 Posts
                        13 years, 7 months ago
                        NickRules
                        I see a lot of the time some men have short nails and keep the pinky nail super long, its like wtf.

That's for snorting coke.
                          SladeGarrison
                          121 Posts
                          13 years, 7 months ago
                          NickRules
                          I always found it weird when men kept their nails long. I guess its because I myself have short nails and find long nails gross. I see a lot of the time some men have short nails and keep the pinky nail super long, its like wtf.

and how is putting your feet behind your head a habit? :lol:

Yeah, when you see a guy with a long pinky nail, its because he does coke or any other kind of ground up powder of the sniffing kind. Of course I could just be stereotyping. Maybe some men just love having it so they can pick their noses better. Who am I to judge?

and the feet thing was a habit as a kid because whenever I got bored, I would just put one up there to do something different. If I was watching t.v., I'd just flip on my back, kind of hanging off the bed with a foot behind my head to keep my head kind of propped up so I could still watch it. Also the whole freak out factor to just annoy my family.
                            NickRules
                            4941 Posts
                            13 years, 7 months ago
                            WTF!!! What does a long nail have to do with coke? :lol:

EDIT: OHHHHHH I think I saw that on a movie or something. The finger nail acts like a spoon, right?
                              misspiggy
                              1442 Posts
                              13 years, 7 months ago
                              NickRules

EDIT: OHHHHHH I think I saw that on a movie or something. The finger nail acts like a spoon, right?

Yep, and somehow we took an innocent childhood habits thread and made it into a drug conversation.
                                NickRules
                                4941 Posts
                                13 years, 7 months ago
                                misspiggy
                                NickRules

Yep, and somehow we took an innocent childhood habits thread and made it into a drug conversation.

Were horrible :lol:
                                  Maklu_IV
                                  747 Posts
                                  13 years, 7 months ago
                                  I used to put my fingertips together, opening and closing my hands until my fingers felt numb. Then I saw some years later that Mr. Burns did it, too.

Excellent...

(There. Back on track. :P )

n00b, (noob), noun informal: A person who does not know how to fully be a douchebag like yourself.
                                    13 years, 7 months ago
                                    Timothy1964
                                    Walking on my tiptoes, flopping my arms when running.

AHHAHAAHHAHAHA watching kids run like that was hilarious even back then
                                      bassman21
                                      4618 Posts
                                      13 years, 7 months ago
                                      Well I won't get into all of my habits, but when I was little I use to sniff everything, well almost everything.
                                        animefan123
                                        809 Posts
                                        13 years, 6 months ago
                                        Chewing on my fingernails
                                        =50 ways to describe Happiness=

2/50: Happiness Is telling a Joke and people find It funny 1/30/10

=========================================
                                        Drew: Where's your mother?
                                        Angelica: She's in the shower. She says she has to wash away the stench
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss