90skid555
257 Posts
15 years, 9 months ago
What scared you the most as a kid ? I was scared of the dark and when my aunt sent be down to the basement to get something and I was down there all alone and one time my aunt went outside and I was in the house and the power went off
kid still stuck in the 90s
    Bomberman
    3299 Posts
    15 years, 9 months ago
    I wasn't scared as much as most kids, but I'd say the most ridiculous thing I was scared of was thunderstorms.
    Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
      System
      79987 Posts
      15 years, 9 months ago
      If anyone gave me water to drink in a glass I was so scared to drink it. All because of an episode of Captain Planet, the one where Kwame drinks the water and it had the parasites and the other planeteers in it. For a long time I wouldn't drink water from a tap because I was afraid that there was bacteria in the water and it was going to make me sick.
        Thylacine
        1525 Posts
        15 years, 9 months ago
        Honeygirl911
        If anyone gave me water to drink in a glass I was so scared to drink it. All because of an episode of Captain Planet, the one where Kwame drinks the water and it had the parasites and the other planeteers in it. For a long time I wouldn't drink water from a tap because I was afraid that there was bacteria in the water and it was going to make me sick.

Oh, there's alot of crap in tap water, but it's best not to think about it.

Anyway, I was really afraid of aliens when I was younger. That and this one commercial with a guy's face in the carpet.
        "Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
        -Rampage, Beast Wars

PaLaDiN91
          58 Posts
          15 years, 9 months ago
          I was afraid of the monster in the Adventure Landing (small water parks in Florida and New York) commercials.
            April1980
            176 Posts
            15 years, 9 months ago
            the "landshark" from my dreams.

Seriously. Between the ages of 7 and 12 I used to have dreams about a shark that shuffled along on dry land after me. No matter where I would go, it would follow me.

One night, aged around 10, I woke with a start from a bad landshark dream. The house was silent, it was pitch black. Then, from the hallway outside my bedroom door I heard a shuffle. It was exactly the same sound the "landshark" made in my dreams! I remained absolutely still for ages, for fear attracting the attention of the beastie, before dropping off back to sleep from tiredness.

That terrified me for a while! :roll:
            1980-Present
            The ongoing voyages of a retro junkie
              vgcf
              33 Posts
              15 years, 9 months ago
              Probably being afraid of the dark. I had a nightlight til I was 8! :lol:
                15 years, 9 months ago
                I was afraid of the toilet. No I'm serious! I was fine going to the bathroom, but when I was done I'd flush and the flush made such a scary sound. I can't explain the sound but next time your in the bathroom listen to the flush of the toilet. Then you'll see, then you'll all see! They all float! :twisted:
                "I like to play" '_'
                  Stickykeys09
                  286 Posts
                  15 years, 9 months ago
                  nathansboomstick
                  I was afraid of the toilet. No I'm serious! I was fine going to the bathroom, but when I was done I'd flush and the flush made such a scary sound. I can't explain the sound but next time your in the bathroom listen to the flush of the toilet. Then you'll see, then you'll all see! They all float! :twisted:

"Hiya Georgie"

I was afraid of clowns.
                  "It's all a joke! Everything anybody ever valued or struggled for... it's all a monstrous, demented gag! So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?" - Batman: The Killing Joke
                  "Ladies. Gentlemen. You have eaten well. You've e
                    EZR09
                    135 Posts
                    15 years, 9 months ago
                    I was afraid of sleeping in the dark and I was afraid of a few people is why I trying hiding from them. I don't know why I was afraid.
                      YuYuYuuki
                      113 Posts
                      3 years, 8 months ago
                      System

I remember that episode.
                      Yeah, it's Yuuki. Got a problem with that?

"The sun may have the face of a baby, but it is actually quite old. So old, in fact, that it's about to go supernova! This isn't a good thing."
                        90sNickGirl
                        141 Posts
                        3 years, 5 months ago
                        YuYuYuuki
                        System

I remember that episode.

I only saw that on the TV Tropes "Fantastic Voyage" Plot page until I became... attracted to black men and decided to, as Brule says, CHECK IT OUT!

Because this is the only "Fantastic Voyage" Plot with a black guy as the host that is played straight, it is the most perfect "Fantastic Voyage" Plot to me.
                        "All right, this thing is officially making me CRAZY!"
                          3 years, 4 months ago
                          90sNickGirl
                          YuYuYuuki
                          System

I remember that episode.

I only saw that on the TV Tropes "Fantastic Voyage" Plot page until I became... attracted to black men and decided to, as Brule says, CHECK IT OUT!

Because this is the only "Fantastic Voyage" Plot with a black guy as the host that is played straight, it is the most perfect "Fantastic Voyage" Plot to me.

Level 5 of Toonami's "Trapped in Hyperspace" game, though... THAT was the most perfect "Fantastic Voyage" Plot to me.

"The sun may have the face of a baby, but it is actually quite old. So old, in fact, that it's about to go supernova! This isn't a good thing."
                            Fentofan
                            33 Posts
                            3 years, 4 months ago
                            When I was younger there were two things that scared me- alien abduction and tornadoes. I love the paranormal and would watch Sightings. I loved that show but the episode on alien abductions freaked me out (especially the drawings of the Greys coming through the walls) for the longest time I had nightmares about being abducted by aliens.

Tornadoes also freaked me out and would panic every time a Weather Warning would come on the air. For years I suffered from nightmares about being locked outside and sucked up by a tornado. The most strange thing was a few years later I was with my family on vacation at Sea World in Ohio (I am really dating myself LOL) I had my tornado nightmare but the there a twist. It was revealed that I was on a movie set. The director told me I could get the tornadoes to stop by saying '1,2,3 Tornado stop.' Since then I never had another tornado nightmare.
                            By the Power and For the Honor of Grayskull- He-Man and She-Ra forever!
                              AnalogTV
                              19 Posts
                              3 years, 3 months ago
                              I can relate so much to the whole tornado phobia, I mean any alert sound on TV and phone is horrifying. I was scared of somethings, I remember this show that was tilted something like, "Worlds Most Dangerous sea Animals," and for the longest time I was scared of taking a shower in fear of a shark coming out of the faucet. Yeah, I was a dumb kid.
                                tourmaline
                                24 Posts
                                3 years, 2 months ago
                                What scared me most was the Charlie McCarthy and Bozo the Clown ventriloquist dummies I kept getting for successive Christmases. They had an extremely unique and disturbing plasticky smell, and I found them absolutely terrifying. Ugh!

I also had an experience where i sleepwalked - went to bed in an upstairs bedroom and awakened later that night in the bed of my old downstairs bedroom. This really freaked me out. Aaaaagh! I don't even remember going back down there.
                                  2 years, 7 months ago
                                  Brainiac from Superman TAS when I was 2 years old... eventually, I rediscovered him when I was 6 and developed a crush on him.

8 months ago
                                    When I watched evil Dead when it first came out on home video.
                                      5 months, 28 days ago
                                      I'm afraid of the old Internet Lurker logo, the VID logo and the Aardman clayface (no offense to Aardman as they make great stop-motion).
                                        Asiimov
                                        33 Posts
                                        3 months ago
                                        White Screen at the end of my Tapes, scared the shit out of me so much I used to Hide under the Blankets! lmfao
                                        RetroJunk's Resident Catto
                                        I Would've Joined 2015 but the forum was down!
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss