renhoek93
85 Posts
3 years, 6 months ago
Do you miss the old internet of the 90s and 2000s before the modern day social media? What are some memories you have of the old internet besides using this site?
    3 years, 5 months ago
    The best game on the old Internet was Toonami: Trapped in Hyperspace on CartoonNetwork.com. Swayzak was the most badass villain I had ever seen.
    Yeah, it's Yuuki. Got a problem with that?

"The sun may have the face of a baby, but it is actually quite old. So old, in fact, that it's about to go supernova! This isn't a good thing."
      Fentofan
      33 Posts
      3 years, 5 months ago
      My best friend and I would look up Star Wars prequel rumors all the time. Remember when it said N'Sync was supposed to be in Episode II?
      By the Power and For the Honor of Grayskull- He-Man and She-Ra forever!
        3 years, 5 months ago
        Fentofan
        My best friend and I would look up Star Wars prequel rumors all the time. Remember when it said N'Sync was supposed to be in Episode II?

What the...? I was only becoming a huge fan of Star Wars when I was 6, so I don't remember that at all.

"The sun may have the face of a baby, but it is actually quite old. So old, in fact, that it's about to go supernova! This isn't a good thing."
          Fentofan
          33 Posts
          3 years, 5 months ago
          One of the big rumors was that N'Sync was going to have a cameo in Attack of the Clones. They're were going to be Jedi fighting in the arena.
            3 years, 5 months ago
            Fentofan
            One of the big rumors was that N'Sync was going to have a cameo in Attack of the Clones. They're were going to be Jedi fighting in the arena.

LMAO! That'd be HILARIOUS!

Fentofan
              33 Posts
              3 years, 5 months ago
              I know some of the so called rumors were crazy. Another one was that Leonardo DiCaprio was going to play Anakin Skywlker :D
                Fellini
                13 Posts
                3 years, 5 months ago
                Looking back, it was pretty awful. The load times were incredibly annoying. And the fact that my connection would be disconnected if a family member picked up the phone was awful.

The thing about the internet was you went on it for something specific then you logged off. Websites were not updating on a minute-hourly basis. And since the internet was not "always on", it was really session based.
                  renhoek93
                  85 Posts
                  3 years, 3 months ago
                  Fellini
                  Looking back, it was pretty awful. The load times were incredibly annoying. And the fact that my connection would be disconnected if a family member picked up the phone was awful.

The thing about the internet was you went on it for something specific then you logged off. Websites were not updating on a minute-hourly basis. And since the internet was not "always on", it was really session based.

LOl i don't think anyone wants to use dial up again that was awful.
                    Khan
                    22 Posts
                    3 years, 2 months ago
                    I miss AOL chat rooms from the mid-late 90s. "texting" didn't exist yet. You could logon, "Welcome… You've got Mail!" and talk to strangers from all over. There was a Star Trek chat room and we did trivia on Thursday nights. This was before search engines were anywhere near useful so you couldn't cheat.

I think the best part from those days was that people weren't the insufferable douchebags online that they are now.

No offense.
                      PuccaFan66
                      181 Posts
                      3 years, 2 months ago
                      I remembered going to the official everGirl website while online. I remembered playing one of the games on that website (Skye's Slammin' Snowboard Challenge) and downloading all 4 everGirl wallpapers. I wished for Nickelodeon (or Disney) to redo the entire everGirl website.
                        agentkev
                        819 Posts
                        3 years ago
                        Very much so so I found a nice little website called theoldweb.com
                        nWo 4-Life!

Resident Pokemon Advisor :)
                          PuccaFan66
                          181 Posts
                          3 years ago
                          agentkev

Exactly. I went to the (old) official American Girl website (the one with the old Pleasant Company logo down at the bottom) up until Mattel updated the entire website, replacing the old Pleasant Company logo with the then current American Girl logo. American Girl (and its characters from The American Girls Collection) are the intellectual property of Mattel (the house that Barbie built).

https://play.americangirl.com
                            renhoek93
                            85 Posts
                            2 years, 5 months ago
                            :ecstatic:
                            agentkev

I use that site sometimes. :smile: :ecstatic:
                              An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss