futuramafan95
397 Posts
13 years, 8 months ago
in my opinion country sucks.all coutry is a guy with a horrible southern voice talking "the old days"
    13 years, 8 months ago
    agreed, it's horrible, horrible music.
    I am Ricky, hear me think! :D
      retroguy78
      594 Posts
      13 years, 8 months ago
      I got into it a little in high school. I liked crossovers however like Shania Twain and Faith Hill.
        RetroLulu1986
        263 Posts
        13 years, 8 months ago
        Yeah, I'm not much of a fan either.
          MattNash
          4135 Posts
          13 years, 8 months ago
          Country is just like any other genre of music in terms of quality, some of it is good, some of it is bad. And like any other genre, you can't rely on the radio if you want to hear the good stuff.
            the-micro-man
            3492 Posts
            13 years, 8 months ago
            The only country singer I like is John Denver. The mainstream stuff today is rednecky pop
            "durf durr" crap that all sounds the same.
              Funky_Guy
              2638 Posts
              13 years, 8 months ago
              I like Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Lee Hazlewood, Patsy Cline, Wanda Jackson, Jeanie C. Riley, Alison Krause and Union Station, some of Willie Nelson's stuff, The Flying Burrito Bros and some Southern Rock stuff. Some of Dolly Parton's stuff is pretty good, especially her earlier albums. The Byrds did a very good country album called Sweetheart of the Rodeo, Ween did a hilarious country album and the Who, Pete Townshend in his solo work and the Stones did a couple of good country style tracks. Pete sometimes does a country version of an early Who song, A Legal Matter during his solo shows.

Most country stuff from the 80's onward I find pretty dire, especially the modern pop stuff. It's so hillarious when modern country acts try and update the old cliches, "My baby left me for one of my Myspace Friends."
                mlw1984
                1435 Posts
                13 years, 8 months ago
                I personally don't care for most country music. It puts me to sleep.
                  MRCSL1
                  504 Posts
                  13 years, 8 months ago
                  Finally, it's about time this such topic has been made. I HATE country music.
                    outfit
                    899 Posts
                    13 years, 8 months ago
                    I agree with Funky Guy. I'm watching "Walk the Line" as I write this and really like Johnny Cash..and many of the "old-timers". I don't listen to "new country" so I am not sure how I feel about it now.
                    A funny story: Me and my friend picked up some hitchhikers(young girls) --who seemed very disturbed as we blasted J. C.'s " Were YOu there when they crucified my Lord"...hahahha!
                    Oh, and also, Funky Guy...I was at the Who's first final tour... my first concert...amazing!!
                      Videogamenerd
                      1202 Posts
                      13 years, 8 months ago
                      Old country: ok
                      New country: crappy
                      [sub] [/sub]

outfit
                        899 Posts
                        13 years, 8 months ago
                        Videogamenerd
                        Old country: ok
                        New country: crappy

hahahhaha
                        i agree...good point :D
                          Babygirl23
                          6 Posts
                          13 years, 8 months ago
                          Give me some Johnny Cash and I'll forget the whole thing.
                            futuramafan95
                            397 Posts
                            13 years, 8 months ago
                            outfit
                            I agree with Funky Guy. I'm watching "Walk the Line" as I write this and really like Johnny Cash..and many of the "old-timers". I don't listen to "new country" so I am not sure how I feel about it now.
                            A funny story: Me and my friend picked up some hitchhikers(young girls) --who seemed very disturbed as we blasted J. C.'s " Were YOu there when they crucified my Lord"...hahahha!
                            Oh, and also, Funky Guy...I was at the Who's first final tour... my first concert...amazing!!
                            well i like cash and thats it
                              GEEK37
                              37 Posts
                              13 years, 8 months ago
                              The only good country is johny cash other than that it all sucks ass and I mean bigtime!
                                13 years, 6 months ago
                                I Like Classic Country But The New Country Sucks. Country Was The First Genre Of Music I Ever Got Into When I Was A Kid.
                                  Lindsey
                                  249 Posts
                                  13 years, 6 months ago
                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfmIHDcFGrw
                                    regular_joe
                                    728 Posts
                                    13 years, 6 months ago
                                    Ill never understand this. Every genre of music has people that like it, and people that dont like it. But why do the people that dont like it have to bash it so much? If you dont like it, thats fine, those of us that do like it are fine with it. I dont like rap music, but I am not going to start a post every few months that talks about how terrible it is. Although I have noticed that some people who say how terrible country music is give reasons that make absolutly no sense, or are stereotyped.

" The last man nearly ruined this place/He didn't know what to do with it/If you think this countrys bad off now just what till I get through with it":D
                                      Ilikethepixies
                                      5870 Posts
                                      13 years, 6 months ago
                                      I guess country music is just like everything else.

Some guys (and gals, of course), produced great country music.

Most produce complete shit.

Same can be said for every musical genre. Except techno. Its ALL awesome.
                                        gustogummi
                                        2602 Posts
                                        13 years, 6 months ago
                                        Johnny Cash is pretty cool. I also like Willie Nelson.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss