Greengoblin
1731 Posts
13 years, 11 months ago
One of my favorite movies since high school in 1998! i remembered when i was 11 watching the Toxic Avenger movies on USA up-all night and even on marathons as i enjoyed them. I even remembered the cartoons and merchandise, when i was 16 back in 1998 renting this on video in it's unrated uncensored format i was shocked and appalled by the kid getting his head crushed sequence yet it was cool at the same night, i loved the movie and even bought it on video at the mall's suncoast and it got me hooked into Troma.
    HarryReems
    2067 Posts
    13 years, 11 months ago
    I remember having the Toxic Avenger toys when I was a kid.
    So of course, I thought I better get my folks to rent me the movie. It said Unrated on the back, and they didn't know that could sometimes mean just as bad, if not worse than Restricted.
    There I am, probably 9 years old watching the first 20 minutes of the Toxic Avenger. A guy gets his arm ripped off, a seeing eye dog gets shot, a blind girl gets raped, and a guy gets a blender shoved down his throat.
    My parents didn't let me watch anymore Toxie movies. :x
      Greengoblin
      1731 Posts
      13 years, 11 months ago
      Don't forget the young boy getting his head crushed in detail.
        System
        79987 Posts
        13 years, 11 months ago
        Holy shit! I don't remember the movie being THAT violent!
          Greengoblin
          1731 Posts
          13 years, 11 months ago
          Well of course, it pushes the limits of violence in that time.
            The_Batman
            876 Posts
            13 years, 11 months ago
            HarryReems
            I remember having the Toxic Avenger toys when I was a kid.
            So of course, I thought I better get my folks to rent me the movie. It said Unrated on the back, and they didn't know that could sometimes mean just as bad, if not worse than Restricted.
            There I am, probably 9 years old watching the first 20 minutes of the Toxic Avenger. A guy gets his arm ripped off, a seeing eye dog gets shot, a blind girl gets raped, and a guy gets a blender shoved down his throat.
            My parents didn't let me watch anymore Toxie movies. :x

i had the exact same problem you did... i was about 7 or 8 and i loved the cartoon (toxic CRUSADERS) so one day my friend told me about the toxic avenge rmovie and how the show was based off it and i had to rent.. one day we found it.. put it in the vcr.. and about 20 minutes later my mom took it right back out.. all i really remember was sumone in a wheel chair getting squished together like an accordian
            "Keep the change you filthy animal..."
              System
              79987 Posts
              13 years, 11 months ago
              I must've seen the kiddie version or something. No way my parents would've let me watch something THAT violent, hell that shit disturbed me a little as an adult!
                fistoflegend
                946 Posts
                13 years, 11 months ago
                I loved those films,but I don't remember some of that stuff you guys are talking about. I liked all 3 films. Part 2 was my favorite though.
                  Greengoblin
                  1731 Posts
                  13 years, 11 months ago
                  Citizen Toxie was the best of the sequels, it's the fourth one.
                    Cambion
                    335 Posts
                    13 years, 11 months ago
                    Oh doG, Citizen Toxie made my brain bleed. My friend made me watch all those movies, and I can say the experience was like chugging a bottle of really good wine - it was good, but I don't know if indulging was worth the loss of brain cells.
                      fistoflegend
                      946 Posts
                      13 years, 11 months ago
                      Greengoblin
                      Citizen Toxie was the best of the sequels, it's the fourth one.

Damn they made another one? I thought the series ended at 3 films.
                        HarryReems
                        2067 Posts
                        13 years, 11 months ago
                        fistoflegend
                        I loved those films,but I don't remember some of that stuff you guys are talking about. I liked all 3 films. Part 2 was my favorite though.

All the stuff I mentioned happened in the first 15-20 minutes of the first movie.
                        When those badguys try to rob the taco restaurant.
                          Greengoblin
                          1731 Posts
                          13 years, 11 months ago
                          Well i thought "Citizen Toxie" was better then parts 2 and 3 which weren't too bad but "Citizen Toxie" was suppose to be THE real sequel to the original classic as it pretends the last two movies didn't happened.
                            fistoflegend
                            946 Posts
                            13 years, 11 months ago
                            HarryReems
                            fistoflegend

All the stuff I mentioned happened in the first 15-20 minutes of the first movie.
                            When those badguys try to rob the taco restaurant.

I don't remember much about the first or 3rd films. I need to buy them one dvd and watch them again.
                              Greengoblin
                              1731 Posts
                              13 years, 11 months ago
                              Don't forget to also get the best sequel of the series "Citizen Toxie: Toxic Avenger 4".
                                13 years, 9 months ago
                                i loved this film. dont remember much about it but its been a long time sence i have seen it!
                                The paperboy thinks he's a pro.
                                  13 years, 1 month ago
                                  the first toxic avenger movie I seen was part 3 and I seen about 10 minutes of it and my parents shut it off, the massacre in the video store, they turned it off, when the guy got shot and was jerking around and spewing some nasty stuff out of his mouth.

I got the complete toxic avenger box set not long ago and I thought parts 2 through 4 were pretty stupid waste of money actually, but I did get the toxic crusaders out of it though, the original in my opnion is the best.
                                  Meg, we all miss the news, Heuy Lewis just needs time to create.
                                  -Peter Griffin
                                    DMoney89
                                    2503 Posts
                                    12 years, 10 months ago
                                    Oh

My

God.

I'm watching this mess on G4 right now. Good GOD does this SCREEEEEEEEEAMS 80's. I think I'm losing brain cells watching this shit....

But it's like an amazing train wreck. You just can't help but to stay and watch. :roll:
                                      An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss