skippymallory
531 Posts
13 years, 7 months ago
I am a devoted movie fan that is true. my penchant is for the "little" movies...independant ones if you will. and when I do get to the theatres and watch trailers for up and coming movies, I get excited that they're coming soon. but weeks turn to months and sadly they don't get picked up. some eventually do...but have a life span of only 2 weeks. and others make it...unless there is an Oscar nomination attached to it. the rest don't get played and wind up in the hidden gems section at Blockbuster...that is if anyone truly gives a good damn.

every time one gets missed, it goes on "The List" aka my little notebook of lost goodies. there's too many to mention, but I want to send regards to the following 8 films:

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
Reservation Road
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Thirteen
Junebug
Little Children
Welcome To the Dollhouse
Beyond the Sea (see my avatar)

now I turn the tables to you. thank you for your attention. :)
a hopeless romantic and defender of the unloved, the geeky and the misunderstood. a friend to underdogs and misfits everywhere. :)
    Mr_Retro92
    849 Posts
    13 years, 7 months ago
    I remember wanting to see Man On The Moon when it first came out, I'm still yet to see it 9 years later :)
    The Gang

13 years, 7 months ago
      Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
      Princess Mononoke
        skippymallory
        531 Posts
        13 years, 7 months ago
        Mr_Retro92
        I remember wanting to see Man On The Moon when it first came out, I'm still yet to see it 9 years later :)

I've had the good fortune to see it in '99. but sadly, very few in the audience laughed...at least not as hard as I did. maybe I understood what it's like to different. it's misunderstood souls like Andy Kaufman that make me realize that I am not alone. :wink:
        a hopeless romantic and defender of the unloved, the geeky and the misunderstood. a friend to underdogs and misfits everywhere. :)
          Funky_Guy
          2638 Posts
          13 years, 7 months ago
          This has happened to me once so far, I wanted to see Talk to Me. It didn't make it to any theatres in my area, had to wait for the DVD.
            skippymallory
            531 Posts
            13 years, 7 months ago
            Funky_Guy
            This has happened to me once so far, I wanted to see Talk to Me. It didn't make it to any theatres in my area, had to wait for the DVD.

that one is my notebook, too. Don Cheadle was so cool in that.
              Kazenji
              342 Posts
              13 years, 7 months ago
              A History Of Violence
              Pans Labrynth
                gaastra
                473 Posts
                13 years, 7 months ago
                Spirited away never made it to my town.

Saw it later on dvd.
                  Shaunbadia
                  2395 Posts
                  13 years, 7 months ago
                  Idiocracy never made it to my local cinema but I rented it on DVD.

NickRules
                    4941 Posts
                    13 years, 7 months ago
                    I wanted to see Donnie Darko so fucking bad, but it wasn't showing where I lived. I had to wait until it went out on DVD, its one of my all time favorite movies!
                      Bomberman
                      3299 Posts
                      13 years, 7 months ago
                      The fourth Pokémon movie, I didn't even find out it got into any theaters until recently! I still haven't seen any of the movies after the third one.
                      Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
                        An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss