PrairieScout
78 Posts
7 years, 8 months ago
Since there have been a lot of articles here on discontinued cold cereals, I wanted to write one on discontinued hot cereals. However, I realized that most of the hot cereals that I ate during childhood are still around today. Only a few discontinued hot cereals come to mind: Quaker's Oatmeal Swirlers (which I never actually tried), their "Nutrition for Women" line, and certain flavors of instant oatmeal (e.g., there used to be one called Cinnamon Toast). A few years ago, there was also a chocolate-flavored Cream of Wheat that has since been discontinued.

Can anyone think of any other discontinued hot cereals? Don't suggest Maypo or Coco Wheats, though! Those are hard to find but still available. In fact, I have Coco Wheats on the shelf right now.
    digigirl411
    111 Posts
    6 years, 6 months ago
    I can still remember getting a variety pack that was like berries and cream, bananas and cream, peaches and cream, etc. I loved it so much when I was a kid but I haven’t seen it in years and I can’t remember what company made it. Maybe it the Quaker Oats company because we ate a lot of their instant porridge for breakfast in the cold months. Another flavour that I really liked was raisins and spice and you just can’t get it anymore the same goes for the mixed berry one and these were the individual packets that you added hot water to.
      PrairieScout
      78 Posts
      6 years, 1 month ago
      You're thinking of the Fruit & Cream line by Quaker. It's still readily available in stores where I live in the United States, but you could also buy it online. The variety pack comes in four flavors: Strawberries & Cream, Blueberries & Cream, Peaches & Cream, and Bananas & Cream. Quaker also sells Raisins & Spice oatmeal. I don't remember a mixed berry flavor, but maybe it wasn't available where I live.
        An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss