gumbyman
2008 Posts
16 years, 5 months ago
Well with thanksgiving right around the corner i thought i would start this thread just to see what peoples favourite thanksgiving foods are. I know my favourite is a huge pile of mashed potatos with lots and lots of cottage cheese. :D
    Chad1992
    111 Posts
    16 years, 5 months ago
    Devil Eggs, corn, Turkey.
      16 years, 5 months ago
      Shamelessly high piles of DARK-MEAT turkey with ladles of good turkey gravy on top, cornbread stuffing filled with sausage and giblets, and my #1 favorite side dish MACARONI AND CHEESE! :D All else is superfluous, but as long as I get my turkey, mac & cheese, and good cornbread dressing, I'm good.
      "Ease on down, Ease on down the road
      come on, Ease on down, Ease on down the road
      don't you carry nothing that might be a load come on, Ease on down Ease on down, down the road"

--The Wiz
        pjb2377
        937 Posts
        16 years, 5 months ago
        turkey liver...in the stuffing...hehe
          tonewinwy
          983 Posts
          16 years, 5 months ago
          My favorite Thanksgiving food is my moms stuffing.
          It's OK, next time I'll make you listen. I wish that it were in the power of all children to say that to their parents and to know that indeed they would be heard as we were in those wonderful days on Waltons Mountain.Narrator The Waltons (From the Runawa
            pikachulover
            2944 Posts
            16 years, 5 months ago
            Stuffing, that fake turkey loaf thing, turkey skin, clam dip and funyuns.
              Rainbow_Bright
              2505 Posts
              16 years, 5 months ago
              I enjoy the white meat of the turkey and stuffing and pumpkin pie, everythings gotta be authentic and home made, none of that nasty boxed stuff.
                Derk
                1422 Posts
                16 years, 5 months ago
                Mine would be the turkey leg and cranberry sauce.
                  80skidAK
                  701 Posts
                  16 years, 5 months ago
                  Mashed potatoes and stuffing, plus this great broccoli casserole my mom makes with fried onions and mozzarella cheese.
                    fistoflegend
                    946 Posts
                    16 years, 5 months ago
                    Sweet potatoe pie,collard greens,corn bread.
                      TMNT
                      5203 Posts
                      16 years, 5 months ago
                      My favorite is Corn Mushpotato and turkey.
                        fistoflegend
                        946 Posts
                        16 years, 5 months ago
                        Turkey is cool,but give me some smoked turkey legs or turkey wings. Smoked turket taste great in some butter bean and speckeled peas with okra.
                          bronwxjr19
                          9 Posts
                          16 years, 5 months ago
                          Turkey and cranberry sauce.
                            Sunriser
                            3802 Posts
                            16 years, 5 months ago
                            I guess I'm more of a cornbread and cranberry bread person. I also love my Dad's chocolate pie. Thanksgiving-New Year's = best leftovers ever.
                              SharonTheJedi
                              317 Posts
                              16 years, 5 months ago
                              Hands down "Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake" (Paula Deen recipe that I've been making since I saw the episode in 2002). Also coleslaw, loaded smashed potatoes and all of the the other side dishes!
                              [/code]
                                16 years, 5 months ago
                                SharonTheJedi
                                Hands down "Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake" (Paula Deen recipe that I've been making since I saw the episode in 2002). Also coleslaw, loaded smashed potatoes and all of the the other side dishes!

That cake sounds good! I might bring that up to my Mom this Thanksgiving, anything gooey and buttery is a-okay with me, LOL!
                                "Ease on down, Ease on down the road
                                come on, Ease on down, Ease on down the road
                                don't you carry nothing that might be a load come on, Ease on down Ease on down, down the road"

--The Wiz
                                  Hoogs
                                  235 Posts
                                  16 years, 5 months ago
                                  Stuffing definitely, followed closely by white meat turkey and cranberry sauce. Man I love Thanksgiving :)
                                  My YouTube Channel (commercials from the late 80s/early 90s):

http://www.youtube.com/user/YourRetroCommercials/videos
                                    Funky_Guy
                                    2638 Posts
                                    16 years, 4 months ago
                                    Thanksgiving is my favorite time of year too, it's pretty much like having the meal part of Christmas without any of the hassles. It's a really relaxed holiday.

Turkey is great, it's the best when it's really juicy. Other than that I like the stovetop stuffing my grandma makes, sweet potatos and brocoli with cheese sauce but it's important to keep the sauce seperate and add it on yourself on your plate. Some people make the mistake of putting the broccoli and sauce together in a dish and the sauce gets too watery.
                                      16 years, 4 months ago
                                      Mashed potatoes. I like potato-y things.
                                        Goofball
                                        108 Posts
                                        10 years, 4 months ago
                                        Other than the obvious turkey, I love the stuffing. And my aunt will take the leftover turkey and make some kickass turkey/vegetable soup for me to take home afterwards.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss