MissALibra86
521 Posts
13 years, 8 months ago
A friend of mine asked a rather weird question last week. She wondered when a pie became a pie - when the ingredients are put together with the crust and is uncooked, or when the pie has been completely cooked. She believed that a pie is a pie when the ingredients were put together in the pie bowl and the pie is not yet cooked - even though the pie is still uncooked, it has become a pie. I believe that although the ingredients have been put together, the very definition of a pie is that it is warm, cooked, and yummy unless a pie is meant to be served cold - so in my mind, most pies need to be cooked to become a pie.

I know, it's a crazy question :lol: , but what is your intake on this?
You cannot leave the magic - Down at Fraggle Rock!

Anyone who sings like that should be dragged out into the street and shot - Garfield

I'm not messy. I'm organizationally challenged ! -Garfield

"Bouncing is what Tiggers do best!" - Tigger
    13 years, 8 months ago
    Umm I think a pie is pie when it's cooked. :?
    I am Ricky, hear me think! :D
      elron
      726 Posts
      13 years, 8 months ago
      Chicken pot, cherry, cream, hair, 3.14159265 ...I've heard many incantations of the word which you speak of. (Pi)e is (pi)e, but really, I try not to dwell on it too much...(laughs nervously) :? :?
        13 years, 8 months ago
        are we talking about a retro pie?
          13 years, 8 months ago
          A pie is a pie when the ingrediants used to make the pie are combined and it's cooked..the end result is a pie, a solid object. The ingrdiants for the pie arn't the end result, the ingrediants dont taste or resemble a pie yet thus why the end result is a pie. Sure the the ingrediants and the recipe order is for a pie, but do you stop there do you just mix the ingrediants in a bowl a call it a pie? no so...
            scatt_nasty
            248 Posts
            13 years, 8 months ago
            No, once everything is put together, it's a pie.
              NickRules
              4941 Posts
              13 years, 8 months ago
              I think that once the pie has been made, with the crust and all, it becomes a pie, and when you cook it its still a pie. Its not like you don't call cookies cookies until you've baked them.
                Captain_Howdy30
                2207 Posts
                13 years, 8 months ago
                When it's real good. That's when a pie is a pie.
                  jujubeeme
                  402 Posts
                  13 years, 8 months ago
                  I'll tell you when a pie is a pie. When you put it in your mouth and the first thing that comes to your head is, "Yum, pie!" and not "Gross, dough and fruit!"
                    Bomberman
                    3299 Posts
                    13 years, 8 months ago
                    When it hits your eye like a big pizza pie.
                    Game... ovahhhhhhhhh!!!
                      An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss