Goofball
108 Posts
10 years, 3 months ago
I remember in the '80s that Domino's was the go-to place for pizza delivery. Today, the price far exceeds the quality. Did they simply just get too big? Or did they always suck, and I was too young to really know the difference between good pizza and bad pizza?
    stake_n_sheak
    1891 Posts
    10 years, 3 months ago
    I'm pretty sure they have always sucked. And prices are going up all over. Except, somehow, Little Caesar's. $5 Hot 'n' Ready, forever.
    tangspot2
    Mrs. stake you say some nasty on my threads. Dirty bitch
      10 years, 3 months ago
      I think that, when other pizza chains were growing and offering better quality at lower and lower prices, Domino's remained essentially unchanged. Of course, the same could be said of Pizza Hut, but they seem to be fairing better (likely because they offer a better dine in experience). Of course, this is all speculation on my part.
      Ghost_of_Vapor's Signature Image
        thecrow174
        9986 Posts
        10 years, 3 months ago
        I rarely have Domino's anymore. Maybe my interest in it has changed.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

Come have the time of YOUR life with me and the gang at Retro-daze.org.
          10 years, 3 months ago
          I've only had Dominoes once in my life. That should tell you about the quality. The best pizza I've had in a LONG time is Papa Johns. Very good.
          Don't pay any attention to the evil spirited and dead of heart. They're not worth your time.
            pikachulover
            2944 Posts
            10 years, 3 months ago
            I don't eat there much but last summer I got a really bad cheese steak sandwich that made me really sick.
              10 years, 2 months ago
              Dominos was good a long time ago, nowadays they really suck! I always say that if you want a good pizza, go to an actual pizzeria.
                stake_n_sheak
                1891 Posts
                10 years, 2 months ago
                pikachulover
                I don't eat there much but last summer I got a really bad cheese steak sandwich that made me really sick.

I am mystified by how few places can make a good cheesesteak. Even if they don't make people sick, most just taste terrible (outside of Philadelphia). It's not a complex thing!

The20thCenturyDude
                I always say that if you want a good pizza, go to an actual pizzeria.

Agree!
                tangspot2
                  RomanBlade86
                  288 Posts
                  10 years, 1 month ago
                  My thoughts are that the quality of fast food in general has gone down. A Whopper from the 90s tasted better than a Whopper in the mid 2000s and I bet it goes for all chain restaurants.
                    System
                    79987 Posts
                    9 years, 11 months ago
                    Domino's has always sucked. Their pizza tastes like crap and a few months ago a guy I used to work with ordered one of their pizzas for lunch and the damn thing didn't even get there until 2 in the afternoon. The auto repair shop he works at is only 2 blocks from them. My dead grandmother could have walked the damn thing back faster than them.
                      bassman21
                      4618 Posts
                      9 years, 11 months ago
                      They are about the same. I think the other guys have just gotten better. Now that New York style pizza has made its way to the rest of the country, we now realize how crappy Domino's really is. :P
                        The_Phantom
                        88 Posts
                        9 years, 11 months ago
                        Dominos sucks, plain and simple. As others have said, their price far exceeds the quality.

If I'm a little strapped for cash and I want some cheap, fairly decent pizza, a couple of $5 Little Ceaser's pies are good for me.
                          vkimo
                          2321 Posts
                          9 years, 11 months ago
                          I liked their 5 dollar subs they had going for awhile.
                          My Last Article For RetroJunk

Remembering RetroJunk
                            Yodamite
                            304 Posts
                            9 years, 11 months ago
                            The_Phantom
                            If I'm a little strapped for cash and I want some cheap, fairly decent pizza, a couple of $5 Little Ceaser's pies are good for me.
                            You couldn't pay me to eat that garbage. Little Caesar's pizza has all the taste of cardboard. The WORST pizza place out there. And frankly, anyone who likes Little Caesar's has bad taste.
                            Ultimate Space Pimp!
                              bklynbren
                              1015 Posts
                              9 years, 11 months ago
                              I don't like Little Ceasar's pizza either, but my kids do. When I buy pizza from them I always get two or three orders of buffalo wings for myself.

Dominos is ok at best. We have a few N.Y. Style Pizzarias where I live now, I usually buy from them.
                                axeon
                                15 Posts
                                9 years, 10 months ago
                                I have often wondered this very same thing myself. As a teen I consumed MANY Domino's Pizzas & They were the BEST THING ON THE PLANET!!!! Especially with an Original New York Seltzer or Jolt Cola. I noticed a decline in taste mid 90's & by late 90's they just sucked to me! I have tried a couple throughout the years & still no change for me. My local Kroger Super center now makes custom pizzas right in front of you like Subway does sandwiches & has it ready within minutes for $8.99 & is the absolute hands down best pizza anywhere locally. Jet's is my second fav.
                                axeon's Signature Image
                                  thecrow174
                                  9986 Posts
                                  9 years, 10 months ago
                                  I've just had Domino's for the first time in so long.

It wasn't too bad.
                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo

Come have the time of YOUR life with me and the gang at Retro-daze.org.
                                    stake_n_sheak
                                    1891 Posts
                                    9 years, 10 months ago
                                    The20thCenturyDude
                                    Dominos was good a long time ago, nowadays they really suck!

axeon
                                    I noticed a decline in taste mid 90's & by late 90's they just sucked to me!

Is it possible you just got tired of them? I remember when I first discovered pizza rolls (the cheap microwave kind). I liked them. A lot. I ate them three or four times a week. (dorm life.) After a couple of months, I noticed they were actually really disgusting and terrible.
                                    tangspot2
                                      NickMan1a
                                      57 Posts
                                      9 years, 10 months ago
                                      Pizza Hut has the best Italian Sausage Pizza on thin Crust!
                                        Alyssa_Branen
                                        2220 Posts
                                        9 years, 8 months ago
                                        It isn't your imagination. Back in the day we'd get Domino's as a treat and it was my favorite. It was thick doughy crust and a nice cheese flavor and the sauce wasn't to overbearing. These days the crust is very garlicky and the sauce turns my stomach. They totally changed up the recipe.
                                        :)
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss