Vertex(Admin)
367 Posts
17 years, 5 months ago
Mark Hamill the guy who played Luke Skywalker does a lot of good cartoon voices.

Check this out http://www.compfused.com/quicklinks/out.php?linkid=1076 It is a little video about the voice actors on the simpsons.
When I die, I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandpa did. Not like the screaming passengers in his car.
    Mavrick_45
    156 Posts
    17 years, 5 months ago
    all those previously mentioned plus
    David Lucas
    and
    John Billingslea
      SSJ_Jup81
      4806 Posts
      17 years, 5 months ago
      Hmm, let's see...

Mel Blanc, of course!! He's like the king of voice actors. May he rest in peace. Oh, and yes, he did voice Elmer Fudd. You can hear it through other characters slightly.

Rob Paulsen is a talented voice actor as well. I love his voice, and he seem to always voice fav characters for me. lol

June Forray, she was like the queen of voice actors back in her day. She voiced a grand amt of female characters, just as Mel Blanc voiced lots of male characters.

Mona Marshall, she's a very talented VA imo. She's done a tone of voice work, from Koushirou "Izzy" Izumi in Digimon Adventure/Adventure 02 (US version), to Wendy in South Park, to some voice work on Rainbow Brite (iirc), and seems no matter what, the voice is always different.
        Jason43
        1494 Posts
        17 years, 5 months ago
        Frank Welker is awsome. The guy has literally done everything. You name it, he's done voice work for it.

Mark Hamill is also a very talented VA. Plus he earns Star Wars points.

Dan Castellaneta because he can score free beer at any bar for doing the voice of Homer.

Chris Latta because his Cobra Commander/Starscream voice is unforgettable, love it or hate it.

Not sure of the guys name, but the man who does SpongeBob is very good.
          Rhio2k
          679 Posts
          17 years, 5 months ago
          Tress MacNeille and Bebe Neuwirth.
            System
            79987 Posts
            17 years, 4 months ago
            Just about everyone already mentioned is a favorite of mine. My personal favorites are Mark Hamill, Steven Blum, Robert Whicks, and Wendee Lee. I just recently got Steve Blum's autograph so that pushes him up a bit further than he already was.
              SSJ_Jup81
              4806 Posts
              17 years, 4 months ago
              What voice work has Steven Blum done? The name is extremely familiar to me.
                System
                79987 Posts
                17 years, 4 months ago
                SSJ_Jup81
                What voice work has Steven Blum done? The name is extremely familiar to me.

He uses a few different names, but here's some things he was in

Cowboy Bebop-Spike
                The Big O-Roger Smith
                Fist of the Northstar-'King' Shin
                The Bouncer-Kou Lefou
                Goku: Midnight Eye-Goku

And I think he might have been Char in the old Gundam movies too.
                  SSJ_Jup81
                  4806 Posts
                  17 years, 4 months ago
                  Okay, thanks. That's what I knew him from, Cowboy Bebop and Big O. Thought the name was familiar.
                    System
                    79987 Posts
                    17 years, 3 months ago
                    Most of my favorites have been listed above, but...

Maurice LaMarche
                    Billy West
                    Harry Shearer
                    Hank Azaria
                    Dan Castellanetta
                    Phil Hartman (RIP :( ...I sooooo miss Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz!)
                    Townsend Coleman (The Tick)

...there's plenty of others, but those are the top of the list.
                      System
                      79987 Posts
                      17 years, 3 months ago
                      How about Casey Casem? The voice of Shaggy from Scooby Doo and many others.
                        System
                        79987 Posts
                        17 years, 3 months ago
                        James Earl Jones - Darth Vader
                          skaterboy572
                          135 Posts
                          17 years, 3 months ago
                          Carlos Alozroqui.. he does some great voices
                            Derrick
                            580 Posts
                            17 years, 3 months ago
                            SSJ_Jup81
                            Hmm, let's see...

Mel Blanc, of course!! He's like the king of voice actors. May he rest in peace. Oh, and yes, he did voice Elmer Fudd. You can hear it through other characters slightly.

Actually we're both right. Arthur Q. Bryan was the original voice of Elmer Fudd, and Mel Blanc would take over as Elmer Fudd occasionally. Shows how incredible Blanc really was.
                            WHAT?
                              SSJ_Jup81
                              4806 Posts
                              17 years, 3 months ago
                              Derrick
                              SSJ_Jup81
                              Hmm, let's see...

Actually we're both right. Arthur Q. Bryan was the original voice of Elmer Fudd, and Mel Blanc would take over as Elmer Fudd occasionally. Shows how incredible Blanc really was.
                              Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot Mel Blanc took over.
                                System
                                79987 Posts
                                17 years, 3 months ago
                                Are we all forgetting Charles Addler?

come on! He was the voice of the devil in "Cow and Chicken".
                                  SSJ_Jup81
                                  4806 Posts
                                  17 years, 3 months ago
                                  Kramer
                                  Are we all forgetting Charles Addler?

come on! He was the voice of the devil in "Cow and Chicken".
                                  He was the voice of "Cow and Chicken" too. Yeah, he is a talented voice actor. He's done quite a lot of things.
                                    Derrick
                                    580 Posts
                                    17 years, 3 months ago
                                    He was also Ed and Bev Bighead, Ickis, and Buster Bunny on the first 2 seasons of Tiny Toon Adventures.
                                    WHAT?
                                      System
                                      79987 Posts
                                      17 years, 2 months ago
                                      i can't think of his name off the top of my head, but the dude who voiced leon kennedy in resident evil 4 is pretty good
                                        System
                                        79987 Posts
                                        17 years, 2 months ago
                                        People don't just dismiss Billy West in one or two posts. He is the best going around for geting inside a character and pushing emotion and humor through. His work on Futurama is enough to justify him being on here
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss