mrs-link
1839 Posts
16 years, 6 months ago
Hi my name (what?!) well yeah. As you may know, i am new to this site and love it, but there are a few quesiotn i want answered concerning retro things. 1:At the end of cowboy bebop, did spike really die?2:What type of things did they edit out of Sailor moon. 3:What happened at the end of the adventures of link and zelda or w/e it was, and did they both get their freak on?4:Anyone who actually really cares and reads this, what is your favorite anime of all time, retro or no retro.? And that is all. I will have more brain boggling questions as to what happened to so and so later, but this is all for now.
ps I am so far the youngest person to ever like, be on retro junk. Im 13, born sept 3 1992. Can anyone beat it?
I am: "Female Ninja Assassin", "Kakashi's Biggest Fan", "Local Naruto Nerd", "Scarer of the Noobs", "Youngest Person on RJ", "Pirate Ninja Sailormouth of the RJ Seas", "Queen of Randomness", and "Navigator on the S.S. Retrojunk."
    Badkitty
    912 Posts
    16 years, 6 months ago
    Hi welcome to the forums!

Ok Yeah, Spike is dead, the others I can't answer and I'm not a huge anime fan but out of the few I like my favs are Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho.
    I don't know about you, Miss Kitty, but I feel so much... yummier
      System
      79987 Posts
      16 years, 6 months ago
      Alright a fellow anime fan!

Welcome and now for some answers.

Some of the stuff they had to edit out of Sailormoon was the relationship between Sailor Neptune and Uranus in the later episodes and i think another gay relationship between Queen Beirell (sp?) 's henchmen.

Don't know about Zelda cartoon though, but you can watch a few episodes for free at yahooligans section of Yahoo.

And my fav anime is without a doubt Ranma 1/2!
      It's sad but I have alot in common with Ryoga
        Mystie
        1132 Posts
        16 years, 6 months ago
        In the episode of Sailor Moon where Ann and Serena are trying to help Darien, there's a scene where Ann tries to change the baby and it pisses right in her face. They cut it out of the episode, but oddly enough, show a clip of it at the end "Sailor Moon says."

There's also one episode where they're deciding who should play Snow White in a play. Lita puts her hand to her busom and in English says, "I should play Snow White because I have the most talent," but really the translation should be to the effect of, "I should play Snow White because I have the biggest chest."
          System
          79987 Posts
          16 years, 6 months ago
          a almost complete list of the sailormoon edits

http://www.animeprime.com/reports/sm.shtml
            16 years, 6 months ago
            Sick_Andy
            a almost complete list of the sailormoon edits

http://www.animeprime.com/reports/sm.shtml

Any pokemon ones?
            Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
              mrs-link
              1839 Posts
              16 years, 6 months ago
              Cool. Thanks a lot guys. And yes i am a huuuge anime fan. Another question to any one out there who cares to answer. What was the difference between the jap episodes and english episodes of pokemon. I mean, you would think there would be some cursing and bloodshed with all the fighting but i have no clue. Please answer and thanks to all the replies i got.
              I am: "Female Ninja Assassin", "Kakashi's Biggest Fan", "Local Naruto Nerd", "Scarer of the Noobs", "Youngest Person on RJ", "Pirate Ninja Sailormouth of the RJ Seas", "Queen of Randomness", and "Navigator on the S.S. Retrojunk."
                Predaking
                920 Posts
                16 years, 6 months ago
                Welcom to Retrojunk!

As for the questions,

1. I don't know
                2. I don't know that one either
                3. I have a couple of favorites, but my taste in anime is more darker hence I didn't know the answer to question 1 & 2.
                  System
                  79987 Posts
                  16 years, 6 months ago
                  Pokemon edits I'm not too sure on.

I know one episode set on the beach was heavily edited because James enters a bikini costume sporting a huge pair of fake breasts.

Also one episode was dropped all together "Electric Soldier Porygon (sp?)" because an ending blue and red flashing scene gave many a japanese kid seizures in it's original showing.

Also, a couple years back I purchased Pokemon the movie 4 in Japanese
                  from DiscountanimeDVD.com. Not too many edits when compared to it's american cousin but damn the drama quotent is raised up like 500%
                    Cyber_Bishop
                    2440 Posts
                    16 years, 6 months ago
                    Welcome to the board!!!

All I know is Spike is dead.. :)
                    Ker click... Choom..
                      mrs-link
                      1839 Posts
                      16 years, 6 months ago
                      Thanks, i had a feeling that pokemon didnt edit out too much. I also have a much darker taste in anime, now that i am older. Fullmetal alchemist, naruto, inuyasha, cowboy bebop, neon genisis evangelion and all....my fav? cant decide. either naruto or fullmetal. Decisions decisions.....What about you guys?
                        Jesus_crysus
                        1260 Posts
                        16 years, 6 months ago
                        welcome
                        and i cant help u with the anima im useless in that department

JOIN THE REVOLUTION
                          mrs-link
                          1839 Posts
                          16 years, 6 months ago
                          How do you become like retro junkies and super users. I come to this site every day, and im still a damn newbie. And i have to go to school too, so i guess that doesnt really contribute to much. What is ranma 1/2 about as well to the person who mentioned it?
                            Jesus_crysus
                            1260 Posts
                            16 years, 6 months ago
                            to become aretrojunkie or super user all u need to do is just post stuff in the forums its easy

JOIN THE REVOLUTION
                              mrs-link
                              1839 Posts
                              16 years, 6 months ago
                              that's it? wait sec i just noticed...im a rising star!!!hurah!!
                                System
                                79987 Posts
                                16 years, 6 months ago
                                Hi Guys
                                Hi I'm angelo (as you may have probably noticed by my ID). I am a newbie so I obviously know nothing about this site. But anyway. Could anyone tell me where the hell can I get a movie trailer for REVENGE OF THE NERDS. I have been searching the web for ages until I came to this site (which I must say is quite interesting). If you do think that it's daft to not find a movie trailer then my reply to that is because I am South African. So please talk.
                                  mrs-link
                                  1839 Posts
                                  16 years, 6 months ago
                                  You are from south africa? Hey i used to live there!!! Cape town baby, that's where it's goin on!!! uMmm for the ROTN click on movies and the time period it was in, and then do alphabetical order to find it easier. it will be under the r's obviously. hey where do you live in SA?
                                    System
                                    79987 Posts
                                    16 years, 6 months ago
                                    I live in Cape Town
                                    Have you heard of a place in the Cape called Parow or Goodwood. If you haven't I don't blame you has it is a small town. This is my first time and I was scared no one was going to actually reply thanks a lot
                                      mrs-link
                                      1839 Posts
                                      16 years, 6 months ago
                                      no angelo, im afraid i havent. So is it like a neighborhood or sumthing? I used to live in silver tree estates, like right next to the mountain that got caught on fire, and they had like a drought so it was really hard to put it out. Remember that? luckily by then i had moved to constantia. so yeah i havent heard of that place.
                                        An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss