marcus29687
51 Posts
17 years, 10 months ago
I hate the show Mind of Mencia. George Mencia tries way to hard to be funny and he sucks. He thinks the shock value of racial jokes make the show funny but its just tired and lame. Anybody agree or disagree with me?
    ChrisMCB
    211 Posts
    17 years, 10 months ago
    i disagree totally...i think he is really funny and i he is not racist in a mean way...he does honest observations...i dont know if you have ever seen his stand up ct but you might want to...it may help u understand his humor better...i really did not like the show till i saw the stand up act
    http://gpps.proboards81.com/index.cgi
    PARANORMAL FORUMS...Stop by and say hi!!
      ataristic
      493 Posts
      17 years, 10 months ago
      his comedy is funny but only either on brief standup or sketch form , his monolouges are way too long and his racial observations get drawn out.
        takineko
        3931 Posts
        17 years, 10 months ago
        George Mencia vs Archie Bunker?
        Mew
          marcus29687
          51 Posts
          17 years, 10 months ago
          I don't have a problem with the racial nature of his jokes, and I agree that he doesn't tell racial jokes in a mean way. I just don't find them to be funny. Like I stated above, I think he tries to substitute good humor with shock value.
            Video_Jukebox
            1068 Posts
            17 years, 10 months ago
            Carlos Mencia's amusing, but I think Dave Chappelle is much funnnier.
            "Preserving the old ways from being abused,
            Protecting the new ways for me and for you.
            What more can we do?"
            --The Kinks, "Village Green Preservation Society"
              mrstick666
              1064 Posts
              17 years, 10 months ago
              marcus29687
              I hate the show Mind of Mencia. George Mencia tries way to hard to be funny and he sucks. He thinks the shock value of racial jokes make the show funny but its just tired and lame. Anybody agree or disagree with me?

I don't know who you're talking about, but Mind Of Mencia features Carlos Mencia, not whomever George Mencia is. You must have confused him with George Lopez......

Bleh.

Anyways, I like that show. Sure, some of the things get drawn out, but I think it's pretty funny.
              <3
                St-_Jimmy
                556 Posts
                17 years, 10 months ago
                Chapelle's show is a lot funnier :P
                  marcus29687
                  51 Posts
                  17 years, 10 months ago
                  yeah i meant Carlos. My bad.
                    santuel
                    483 Posts
                    17 years, 10 months ago
                    He tries too hard. He's not even mexican, he's like german. He's part of the reason our society is so crappy lately.
                      izumi
                      319 Posts
                      17 years, 10 months ago
                      um hes half cubian and half mexican if i rember right though i could be wrong
                        Funky_Guy
                        2638 Posts
                        17 years, 10 months ago
                        I have seen a bit of what he does and did not like it. Mencia seems to think he's like Dave Chappelle meets George Lopez but he just comes off as a loser. Give me Dave Chappelle and Da Ali G Show any day of the week.
                          Soltydog
                          340 Posts
                          17 years, 10 months ago
                          Compared to some other stuff out there, he can be really funny. Other times his jokes are just...meh. But we have to remember that when people get shows like this (sketch/monologue) they have a team of writers. I don't think they have to resort to the derogatory names all the time. If I hear a joke I like to be able to repeat it without fear of a lawsuit.
                          http://cinemarcade.com/movies/arcade84.mpg

If you don't shed a tear at this...you have no soul.

"For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron...but now..you shall witness...its dismemberment"
                            TulsaKanette
                            504 Posts
                            17 years, 10 months ago
                            i think his jokes are only funny the first time you see an episode.
                            Melissa
                            Lorelai's answering machine: We're not here right now, speak if you must.

Quote From Gilmore Girls
                              Sunriser
                              3802 Posts
                              17 years, 10 months ago
                              I think Carlos Mencia is hilarious. His stand-up is funnier, but some of his bits are unexpectedly great. Like the time he tried to order a racial slur on a license plate. He himself was shocked by the reactions he got.

I don't agree he uses it to be shocking, that's just his humor, his perspective in comedy. The way he uses it isn't shocking either. And after two seasons, the shock value would have worn off already, but people still find his show funny. Chappelle is the same way. He constantly uses racial slurs and stereotypes for humor, but his audience obviously doesn't find it shocking, they just think it's funny.

I was happy when I found out Mencia was getting his own show because I remembered his stand-up very well. He had something.

Edit: By the way, he's from Honduras (One of the reasons he hates Latinos being lumped together as "Mexican" and "Cuban.") There's nothing fake about his heritage.
                                ChrisMCB
                                211 Posts
                                17 years, 9 months ago
                                santuel
                                He tries too hard. He's not even mexican, he's like german. He's part of the reason our society is so crappy lately.

he is not german...look at his last name....
                                http://gpps.proboards81.com/index.cgi
                                PARANORMAL FORUMS...Stop by and say hi!!
                                  17 years, 9 months ago
                                  Last names mean nothing. My last name sounds Jewish and I'm a roman catholic.
                                    System
                                    79987 Posts
                                    17 years, 9 months ago
                                    You know, it's funny because I used to help organize events during college about seven years ago and Carlos Mencia was one of the comedians we brought in. This was way back before he was known at all, and in our modest-sized Texas town he went over really well. His jokes were more low-key then. Now they are a little over the top for me.

But he was a very very nice guy. I went out to eat with him at Taco Bell of all places. He was gracious at the time.

He's half Mexican and half-Honduran and Carlos Mencia is NOT his real name.

-Kilikina
                                      17 years, 9 months ago
                                      I think he is quite funny and find myself saying dee dee dee all the time!!!
                                        izumi
                                        319 Posts
                                        17 years, 9 months ago
                                        ya his real name is ned
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss