This topic is locked and no further posts are permitted.
Weiner_ized
20 Posts
17 years, 6 months ago
Is the Nick Rewind Collection of DVDs continueing or is Viacom still in a conflict about it? Please resond, thank you
YES, I FEEL LIKE A HUMAN, I DO NOT FEEL LIKE A TREE.

Visit me on Myspace: www.myspace.com/spaceroller
    Cdokes1
    1032 Posts
    17 years, 6 months ago
    Well last I heard of it , it was done because Melissa Joan Hart did not want to sign to release the second season of Clarissa. So viacom stopped it then and I haven't heard anything since about it. It's sad beacuse all those great shows of Nick's past are just sitting there going to waste. I know that Are you Afraid of the Dark , YCDTOTV, Pete & Pete, Danger Mouse, Clarissa Explains it All and Ren Stimpy are the only shows out right now from Nick's past.
      TMNT
      5203 Posts
      17 years, 6 months ago
      That sad it just stting around and there nothing they do about the DVD Release of the old show od Nick sad :(
        17 years, 6 months ago
        Cdokes1
        Well last I heard of it , it was done because Melissa Joan Hart did not want to sign to release the second season of Clarissa. So viacom stopped it then and I haven't heard anything since about it.

Wait, what?

The releases stopped because the DVD distributor got absorbed into another company and the planned releases (Clarissa: Season 2 and You Can't Do that On Television) were cancelled as a result.

Melissa Joan Hart doesn't have to consent for DVD releases of Clarissa Explains It All to happen.
          System
          79987 Posts
          17 years, 6 months ago
          yup, remanagement effed over the third and last season of "The Adventures of Pete & Pete" too. how are they gonna release the first two seasons and cancel the last....thats just stuiped.

At least you can get the "Are You Afraid of the Dark" first season dvd box set in Canada. Season 2 in late November. This is one good show that wont be screwed with.
            System
            79987 Posts
            17 years, 6 months ago
            Melissa Joan Hart probably thinks shes too special to participate in "Clorissa" comentary or some crap.........thats all. nickleodian and the companies that own nickelodian have the right to do anything with that show....including withholding it from fans.

sadly, the only thing old school nick fans can rely on at this point is Bootleggers and their crappy burnt dvds.
              17 years, 6 months ago
              Viacom is just a load of sh*t. Yet they have no problems releasing those stupid ass Teenick shows or SpongeBob SquarePants.
                Weiner_ized
                20 Posts
                17 years, 6 months ago
                Cdokes1
                Well last I heard of it , it was done because Melissa Joan Hart did not want to sign to release the second season of Clarissa. So viacom stopped it then and I haven't heard anything since about it. It's sad beacuse all those great shows of Nick's past are just sitting there going to waste. I know that Are you Afraid of the Dark , YCDTOTV, Pete & Pete, Danger Mouse, Clarissa Explains it All and Ren Stimpy are the only shows out right now from Nick's past.

Wow! thats the worst news ever, thanks for replying to this I didnt know that. well I hope sometime in the next few years we will see the Nick Rewind collection up and running agagin. DVDd are VERY cheap to make so we can exspect in the next 10 years for EVERYTHING to be on DVD.
                btw, on tvshowsondvd on the "Most Wanted section "Salute Your Shorts" ranks number six out of ten.

17 years, 6 months ago
                  uh ducktalesfan...

you know viacom doesn't make spongebob... that would be United Plankton Productions.. :?
                    Shadow206
                    127 Posts
                    17 years, 6 months ago
                    adventure_of_link
                    uh ducktalesfan...

you know viacom doesn't make spongebob... that would be United Plankton Productions.. :?

paramount releases them and it takes years for them to get to Org
                    *sigh*
                      Weiner_ized
                      20 Posts
                      17 years, 6 months ago
                      adventure_of_link
                      uh ducktalesfan...

lol, I think "United Plankton Productions" is just a joke made up by the writers, like many others Production cards at the end of shows. but Paramount and Viacom all work with Nickelodeon along with MTV and Comedy Central

TMNT
                        5203 Posts
                        17 years, 6 months ago
                        I think Nickelodeon Does not have the right to all there old show anymore that maybe why they are not going to release them on Dvd I love to see Double Dare on DVD.
                          Weiner_ized
                          20 Posts
                          17 years, 6 months ago
                          TMNT
                          I think Nickelodeon Does not have the right to all there old show anymore that maybe why they are not going to release them on Dvd I love to see Double Dare on DVD.

That is a good point, it just sucks though, Nickelodeon should have the rights to there own shows. i mean I e-mailed Marc Weiner asking him will Weinerville be on DVD his responce was just mail them and request it. I did months ago and I never herd anything back. hey would you guys like to request that? I will give you the address to Viacom/Nickelodeon If you want me too.

17 years, 6 months ago
                            adventure_of_link
                            uh ducktalesfan...

I don't watch SpongeBob, so of course I wouldn't know that.
                              An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss