rksexy2finger
990 Posts
17 years, 6 months ago
Just wondering whats your personal opinion on boy bands? Me I personally think this is one of the stupidest fads to ever exist i'm glad it blew over by the time I was in 4th grade(2000-2001 circa). Back in 1999 everyone was all into this Backstreet Boys s*it in fact on a vhs tape from June 1999 which was my schools talent shows my parents only taped it because I was in it that year I did a talent show about the old vintage 70s song Car Wash but a lot of people did boy band type of stuff and I for the most part couldn't get into that kind of stuff and besides back when I was in 2nd grade(1998-1999 circa) I didn't know too many people most of which I met when I was in 3rd grade(1999-2000 circa) thats when I made a lot of new friends the story behind towards why I didn't know too many people in the 2nd grade is that in kindergarden(96-97 circa) and 1st grade(97-98 circa) I went to a differnt elementary school than I did when I was in 2nd-5th grade(1998-2002 circa)
    System
    79987 Posts
    17 years, 6 months ago
    How I feel about them isn't on the poll. I never really paid attention to them growing up, but now when I hear them on the radio I really don't like it.
      darthmunk
      3361 Posts
      17 years, 6 months ago
      I used to like the Backstreet Boys and N'Sync when they were new.
        retroguy78
        597 Posts
        17 years, 6 months ago
        I used to love Backstreet Boys and NSYNC back in the day, although I liked the Backstreet Boys a little more because they were the first ones out. That was the music of my adolescence.
          Rainbow_Bright
          2505 Posts
          17 years, 6 months ago
          i had an older sister by about five years so i was there when she was going through the new kids on the block at age 11 n i was there when she was in to the backstreet boys and as i grew up i liked a few of there songs..some were cetchy never thought any of them were hot and i didn't have any merchandise. and last year when the backstreet boys came out with a new c.d. the one song i herd was allright.. i dont hate them i dont love them they do there thing, everyones gotta make money
            Roadgeek
            1016 Posts
            17 years, 6 months ago
            I remember back around 4th grade (1999-2000), most of the girls in my class being huge fans of boy bands like N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, etc. I've never been too crazy about them. IMO, the boy bands of the late '90s and very early '00s were basically a preview of the bland pop culture of the main '00s.
            Roadgeek: Proud Little Kid of the Mid '90s

In Memory of Carolina Circle Mall
            1976-2002
              System
              79987 Posts
              17 years, 6 months ago
              Roadgeek
              the boy bands of the late '90s and very early '00s were basically a preview of the bland pop culture of the main '00s.

For one so young, You are so wise. :idea:
                System
                79987 Posts
                17 years, 6 months ago
                I hate them, but I think they're kind of over now, which makes me very happy
                  pikachulover
                  2944 Posts
                  17 years, 6 months ago
                  I never liked them all my friends did and one of them had N*SYNC pictures all over her room literaly! :o

I never appercaited them and I never saw their appeal.
                  The thing that pissed me off about them was that they were everywhere! :evil:
                  On all the magazines, tv shows, and most radio stations.

I spent that time, engery and money following No Doubt
                    Sunriser
                    3802 Posts
                    17 years, 6 months ago
                    They still have a place in my heart. They're nice to listen to sometimes. Just last week I heard BSB "Show Me the Meaning..." in the grocery store and my friend and I were singing it. I really like that song, and the video is so sad if you know what it's about.

Surprisingly boy bands make me feel old now. I overheard some unsettling things from kids when the Backstreet Boys came back. :shock: Of course, I just think of what they listen to now and feel much better about myself. :wink:
                      System
                      79987 Posts
                      17 years, 6 months ago
                      Sunriser
                      They still have a place in my heart. They're nice to listen to sometimes. Just last week I heard BSB "Show Me the Meaning..." in the grocery store and my friend and I were singing it. I really like that song, and the video is so sad if you know what it's about.

Surprisingly boy bands make me feel old now. I overheard some unsettling things from kids when the Backstreet Boys came back. :shock: Of course, I just think of what they listen to now and feel much better about myself. :wink:

The best was the Conan bit where he started his own boy band. :lol:
                        Melpomene
                        260 Posts
                        17 years, 6 months ago
                        I've been a huge fan of Duran Duran ever since a kid, and you can count that in as a boy band... but other than that, I haven't liked any "boy bands". Not their music, not their looks... igh, definitely not.
                          System
                          79987 Posts
                          17 years, 6 months ago
                          Melpomene
                          I've been a huge fan of Duran Duran ever since a kid, and you can count that in as a boy band... but other than that, I haven't liked any "boy bands". Not their music, not their looks... igh, definitely not.

"A View to a Kill" is still one of the best Bond themes of all time! 8)
                            Melpomene
                            260 Posts
                            17 years, 6 months ago
                            Reaper
                            Melpomene

Oh, definitely! And the video is killer!!!
                              System
                              79987 Posts
                              17 years, 6 months ago
                              Melpomene
                              Reaper
                              Melpomene

Oh, definitely! And the video is killer!!!

"The name's Lebon. Simon Lebon." :lol:
                                jamigram
                                1954 Posts
                                17 years, 6 months ago
                                though they may not be the most cool of band types, I still think boy bands often have one or two talented singers, English super boy band TAKE THAT, have made a comeback and sound really good!

There is alot worse in the music world than boy bands, I'd take backstreet boys over the piss awful Beyonce any day!
                                  rksexy2finger
                                  990 Posts
                                  17 years, 6 months ago
                                  Melpomene

DD actually isn't considered to be a boy band.
                                    Funky_Guy
                                    2638 Posts
                                    17 years, 6 months ago
                                    Never liked them, never ever will. More power to those who like them but no, not for me. I hated the Spice Girls too. That comment about boy bands being a habringer of the bland (non) culture of today was very astute.

I don't hate every manufactured band that's ever existed though. The Monkees had some pretty good songs and I enjoy the movie they did, it's very surreal.

I get pissed off when the Sex Pistols and Beatles get called Boy Bands. The Sex Pistols were manufactured somewhat but they existed as a band before Malcom McLaren came in. It was Malcom who brought in Johnny Rotten. Malcom and Lydon ("Rotten") both took part in making the group image, the attitude and songs came from the whole band.

The Beatles existed for years under different names before Brian Epstine. Brian took a few measures to insure commercial success but he didn't do what boy band managers do which is go beyond manufacturing an image and commercial appeal and fullout manufacture a band. It wasn't Brian's idea to get rid of Peter Best, the Beatles brought Ringo in cause Peter Best took attention away from the rest of the band. Peter got all the girls so the others were jealous. As for his drumming, from what I've heard it's not bad playing but it's just average and doesn't have much presence or character. Ringo's drumming had that in spades.
                                      90schild87
                                      527 Posts
                                      17 years, 6 months ago
                                      for my opinion on boy bands id have to post a respons on ogrish.com .
                                      think i made my point :wink:

IM NOT GERTS LOVE CHILD!!
                                        17 years, 6 months ago
                                        I'm glad I wasn't in elementary or middle school in the late 90s or nothing like that. The girls talking about these groups would of annoyed the crap out of me.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss