hsmith98
3097 Posts
17 years, 5 months ago
Is anyone else a fan of this man? I love how he encompasses his recipes with the history of the food. If you have never heard of him check out "Good Eats" on the food network.

Thylacine
    1525 Posts
    17 years, 5 months ago
    I love this guy. Not only does he teach the history of food, he teaches the science behind cooking. Plus, he's not bad looking either.
    "Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
    -Rampage, Beast Wars

17 years, 5 months ago
      Yeah man, he is one hip dude.
      Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
        TommyDay
        269 Posts
        17 years, 5 months ago
        Alton rocks!
        Saturday Morning Central
        http://www.saturdaymorningcentral.com

On Twitter - @saturdaymorning
          Rainbow_Bright
          2505 Posts
          17 years, 5 months ago
          iam afriad iam a bigger fan of Rachel Ray n that Italian chick with the hard name to pronoune..oh and that british guy who finds random people at the super market and offers to cook a meal for them in there homes..lol but this guy isnt bad either 8)
            kayvee
            3672 Posts
            17 years, 5 months ago
            Good Eats is awesome! I always watch that show followed by Unwrapped! I dont know, I guess food network relaxes me...weird.
              caper1979
              358 Posts
              17 years, 5 months ago
              Yeah Alton is cool, and not just because we share the same last name. His approach to teachin us is fun.

As for Rachel Ray whoooo mama! But she's a lil older than she looks. Makes no difference to me :wink:
                Machinist
                261 Posts
                17 years, 5 months ago
                Good Eats is probably the best show on the Food Network IMO. I like his scientific approach to cooking. Feasting on Asphalt is great too.
                Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
                  SharonTheJedi
                  317 Posts
                  17 years, 5 months ago
                  My husband and I LOVE Alton Brown.. Good Eats, Feasting on Asphalt and of course Iron Chef America!! He makes cooking fun and VERY informative. I also enjoy Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa), Paula Deen, Giada De Laurentiis and Bobby Flay. I DONT LIKE RACHEL RAY!!! I AM SO SICK OF HER AND HER EVOO, LAUGHING and sometimes lack of bra!!!!! :lol: sorry, had to vent!!
                  [/code]
                    passthehay
                    223 Posts
                    17 years, 5 months ago
                    he's weird but i like him
                      Duck_Foo
                      434 Posts
                      17 years, 5 months ago
                      ALTON BROWN IS THE MAN. When I first saw his show several years ago, I was like.....man, that guy is ugly! But now I can't get enough of his show.
                        17 years, 5 months ago
                        Alton Brown is great as the host of Iron Chef America as well!
                          MattNash
                          4135 Posts
                          17 years, 5 months ago
                          I like "Ham on the Street" I can't remember the name of the host, though.
                            nikki89
                            180 Posts
                            17 years, 5 months ago
                            I love Alton Brown. Good Eats is probably my favorite show on the Food Network. He's hilarious, and I love how he tells the science and history of the food.

I rate every other host on Food Network from "I love them(George Duran)" to "Tolerable(Paula Deen, Ina Garten, Sandra Lee)" but the one I CANNOT STAND is Emril. He says the same stuff over and over again and it is not funny. And garlic is not worth cheering about. Ugh. My grandma even hates him.
                              Armed_Revolt
                              636 Posts
                              17 years, 5 months ago
                              Machinist
                              Good Eats is probably the best show on the Food Network IMO. I like his scientific approach to cooking. Feasting on Asphalt is great too.

Feasting on Asphalt came to my town... Evansville, IN. It was memorable for his eating of our local delicacies of burgoo and a brain sandwich.

The Hilltop Inn (where he went) has awesome brain sandwiches and plenty of beer on tap.

I love Alton Brown. I agree with you, its the best show on Food Network.
                                An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss