kayvee
3672 Posts
17 years, 3 months ago
Some of you lucky kids have these in your neck of the woods. Has anyone ever been to eat at one? Was it as cool as it seems or was it a big let down?

Here is a link for those wondering what the hell kayvee is talking about:

http://www.cereality.com/main.php
    anglslife
    992 Posts
    17 years, 3 months ago
    they need one of those in San Francisco, that would be pretty damn awesome.
    Dot: Don't look down. You might fall and hit your head and die and your brains would leak out alllllll over.

Me:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2/anglslife/Copyofbeautyshotcopy.jpg
      kayvee
      3672 Posts
      17 years, 3 months ago
      There is one in Illinois and Arizona. None in Texas.
        Cyber_Bishop
        2440 Posts
        17 years, 3 months ago
        Uh... Ok..
        Ker click... Choom..
          kayvee
          3672 Posts
          17 years, 3 months ago
          Care to elaborate Cyber Bishop?
            17 years, 3 months ago
            Too bad Atlanta never gets cool shit like this, it's always the northeastern/southwest area that gets all the cool experimental stuff.
              Shaqdaddy
              597 Posts
              17 years, 3 months ago
              awesome idea. if i had one of these by me, i would go all the time. cereal is possibly my favorite food. i have actually been combining my cereals for some time now, so i kinda feel like ive had this experience, but it would still be fun to go to one. anyone have a listing of all their locations?
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

-Albert Einstein
                nippythefish
                2694 Posts
                17 years, 3 months ago
                I'm trying to figure out why that's 'cool'....they sell single serving size cereal? Let me guess....it's overpriced? It's not like a Starbucks, which actually has high-quality coffee compared to say, Duncan Donuts......what's the point, other than to participate in a new fad?
                  Shaqdaddy
                  597 Posts
                  17 years, 3 months ago
                  ok so nippy makes a good point. basically, it probly is overpriced, because all they're doing is combining cereals and toppings for you. but, cold stone is pretty much the same thing, because you can easily buy the same ice cream and toppings on your own, but u go there and get basically the same serivce this place seems to offer. this basically lets u combine cereals without having to buy two complete boxes of each cereal. does this make it right to presumably charge a lot? probly not, but it's a fun idea and if people want to spend their money this way, i say go for it, because in the end, pretty much anything u buy at a restaurant or fast food place is overpriced anyways.
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

-Albert Einstein
                    kayvee
                    3672 Posts
                    17 years, 3 months ago
                    Actually Nippy, they let you fill a chinese styled take-out container with whatever cereal brands you want. They also have 'toppings' to add. Its 'cool' if you like cereal. Just like a sandwich shop for cereal lovers. Get it now? Its not too expensive. You've been to a bar right? It's a real jab in the eye..
                      nippythefish
                      2694 Posts
                      17 years, 3 months ago
                      I can almost see your point with the bar analogy, except for the fact that cereal isn't normally consumed in the same social setting as alcohol is.....and I've never seen anyone get totally wrecked from having too much cereal. It would also be strange to eat cereal while playing pool or throwing darts.
                        kayvee
                        3672 Posts
                        17 years, 3 months ago
                        Just making a point about conservative spending. It’s not the same thing at all - booze wins hands down. 3 or 4 bucks isn't too much for a cereal fix, is it?.

I like the picture you paint, it's quirky.
                          Video_Jukebox
                          1068 Posts
                          17 years, 3 months ago
                          None in New York . . . yet.
                          "Preserving the old ways from being abused,
                          Protecting the new ways for me and for you.
                          What more can we do?"
                          --The Kinks, "Village Green Preservation Society"
                            Risto
                            62 Posts
                            17 years, 3 months ago
                            I remember here at the Mall of America they used to have this place called "Cereal Adventures", where you could star in your own cereal commercial, be on your own cereal box, and also mix and match custom cereals. I guess it flopped, cuz now theres a "Dinosaur Museum" in its place.

I love cereal and hate coffee, but I couldn't sit and chill in a cereal cafe for too long like it was a coffee shop. Cereal is somthin you eat fast, before it gets all soggy and warm.
                              kayvee
                              3672 Posts
                              17 years, 3 months ago
                              I for one would like to go 'balls out' in a place like this!

My container would start with a layer of Lucky Charms followed by a layer of Frankenberry. Then I'd add a layer of extra marshmallows (cereal grade) and top it off with Boo-Berry and milk for the kill!
                                SharonTheJedi
                                317 Posts
                                17 years, 3 months ago
                                COOL!! I want one! My daughter would get a kick out of going there. The virtual tour was neat. I would go if we had one near by.

Oh, I have heard of Coldstone but never been. There is one in Ann Arbor, MI I should go sometime...
                                [/code]
                                  Sunriser
                                  3802 Posts
                                  17 years, 3 months ago
                                  Stupid. I can do that here every morning in the cafeteria. We have self-serve cereal containers, the exact same milk dispensers (with chocolate milk too), fruit, yogurt and whatever. What really bugs me is all those "toppings." That's not cereal, it's a glorified dessert. I would have more fun creating my own concoctions in my home, and I can keep my bunny slippers on. I mean, a box of cereal only costs a few dollars anyway and you get multiple servings. It's just not a service I would pay for.
                                    joewilles
                                    28 Posts
                                    17 years, 3 months ago
                                    this place does look cool. im not sure they would ever set one up here in the UK though.. i guess it would be one of those places where you go when its new and when the novelty wears off you forget about it. it will probably be quite pricey. although i am rather partial to cereals.. so i'd probably end up their all the time.
                                    "If you wanna Pepsi pal, You gotta pay for it!"
                                      Everglot
                                      83 Posts
                                      17 years, 3 months ago
                                      I haven't seen one in real life but I've heard of Cereality on the Food Network show "Unwrapped."
                                        An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss