GizmoDuck
86 Posts
17 years, 2 months ago
Ok, I gotta admit it... this new DST is really getting on my nerves.... sh*t is hitting the fan at work in a way I have never seen before... almost a mini y2k bug... am I the only one here affected by this crap?
    17 years, 2 months ago
    Not really, I knew about the extended DST a long time ago.
      Rainbow_Bright
      2505 Posts
      17 years, 2 months ago
      k well mabey i'd know if i knew what "DST" is

i think that this "new DST doens't make an sence at all and is completely rediculous it ushually occures during spring naturally, how they think they can change natural solar power is beyond me and make it stay lighter outlonger at an earlier time then ushual, it's like saying oh i can stop the weather from snowing in march lol pfft good luck

edit by mod: double-post, please use the button next time
        Rainbow_Bright
        2505 Posts
        17 years, 2 months ago
        i think that this "new DST doens't make an sence at all and is completely rediculous it ushually occures during spring naturally, how they think they can change natural solar power is beyond me and make it stay lighter outlonger at an earlier time then ushual, it's like saying oh i can stop the weather from snowing in march lol pfft good luck
          17 years, 2 months ago
          DST = Daylight Savings Time

also, they changed it because supposedly we use less electricity in Summer, or something else to that effect.
            TMNT
            5203 Posts
            17 years, 2 months ago
            Hey guys just want to tell you that dont forget to set your clock a hour head tonight before bed.
              MissALibra86
              521 Posts
              17 years, 2 months ago
              thanks TMNT - I hate losing an hour of sleep.
              You cannot leave the magic - Down at Fraggle Rock!

Anyone who sings like that should be dragged out into the street and shot - Garfield

I'm not messy. I'm organizationally challenged ! -Garfield

"Bouncing is what Tiggers do best!" - Tigger
                Dave_Lino
                584 Posts
                17 years, 2 months ago
                i love daylight saving time.
                  Lottech96
                  1275 Posts
                  17 years, 2 months ago
                  Is it me or does it seem like we're doing this a little early?
                  I mean for a while now the DST was allways arround the 20th now it's like the 11th.

just currious
                  Who Want's some BLOGna!!?
                  http://spacemanmonster.blogspot.com/
                  Did you know they'll make a game show out of..
                  http://tmgsoo.blogspot.com/
                    JScott
                    143 Posts
                    17 years, 2 months ago
                    Lottech96
                    Is it me or does it seem like we're doing this a little early?
                    I mean for a while now the DST was allways arround the 20th now it's like the 11th.

just currious

They extended it. It used to start the first Sunday of April, now it's the second Sunday of March. Also, it's ending a week later on the first Sunday of November instead of the last Sunday in October.

I hate this. It drives me nuts when it's like 9 PM and still light outside. Not to mention the lost hour :mad:
                      TMNT
                      5203 Posts
                      17 years, 2 months ago
                      yea i know i hate that i get work tomorrow too :(
                        GizmoDuck
                        86 Posts
                        17 years, 2 months ago
                        adventure_of_link
                        DST = Daylight Savings Time

also, they changed it because supposedly we use less electricity in Summer, or something else to that effect.

this time around "they say" it's for electricity savings.
                        Way back when it was put in place, it was to get the most daylight as we possibly could in the summer.

In my opinion, this is just a move someone made to make people work to stimulate the economy.

The thing that bothers me the most is that if the "savings" in electricity isnt that great, in 2008, we'll all be reverting back to the regular schedule.

The only people that will really benefit of this is the retail world, since they get an early start with the DST, it will get people to spend more money earlier this year since the sun will be out later.

In the meantime I'm stuck working all weekend long (including nights) to make sure the firm I work for will be able to connect to the freaking stock markets monday morning...
                          Ilikethepixies
                          5870 Posts
                          17 years, 2 months ago
                          I know someone that knows someone that is in on why they did this (boy, doesn't sound so credible after I type it out)... but anyways, you're right. Its about the economy. Its also based on this crime modeling program that predicts that there will be less crime if this is one.

Its a wee bit scary that the government can control time. But its all for apparently begnin purposes.
                            Ilikethepixies
                            5870 Posts
                            17 years, 2 months ago
                            Thanks, TMNT, I almost forgot about this, even though I've been reminded about it 3000 times. I'm going to stay up and witness the time change over. I'm excited about it. Will everything get blurry like we're in hyperdrive? Maybe it is me that will slow down....? Maybe there will be lightning enveloping everything as the world suddenly moves up an hour. I mean, its kind of crazy that this happens. But what is the science behind it?
                              Hordak_Alpha
                              801 Posts
                              17 years, 2 months ago
                              Well, I hope this earlier version of springing ahead doesn't mess up all of our computers and what not but, I figure it shouldn't really since comps allow us to manually change the time whenever we want. Hell, I used to mess with the comps in one of my college labs and actually reset the year of a comp to 1980.
                              (Hordak Alpha))

Pinwheel
                                532 Posts
                                17 years, 2 months ago
                                Amazingly, my PC's time changed automatically, but i had to change to clocks on everything else. I hate daylight savings time, cuz you lose an hr of your weekend. Why can't the do it like in the middle of the week...like say on a wedn. and in the middle of the day so you can lose an hr of worktime? LOL
                                "It lies in the valley of the vision, where the slain are not slain with the sword. In the darkest shadows of light, there you'll find a door..."
                                  mr3urious
                                  3356 Posts
                                  17 years, 2 months ago
                                  We don't need to do that DST stuff in Arizona. We're one of the few states not to do it.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -Kurt Cobain
                                    17 years, 2 months ago
                                    done and done ;)

also TMNT, there is/was a new DST thread, why not post your warning there? oh well, threads merged.
                                      tonewinwy
                                      983 Posts
                                      17 years, 2 months ago
                                      WOOHOOO DST started early and is ending later this year. Best time of the
                                      year cause days are getting longer and warmer (well some days right now).
                                      It's OK, next time I'll make you listen. I wish that it were in the power of all children to say that to their parents and to know that indeed they would be heard as we were in those wonderful days on Waltons Mountain.Narrator The Waltons (From the Runawa
                                        An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss