mikebennidict
275 Posts
17 years, 1 month ago
http://www.goodtv.com/index.php
I can't remember when this channel 1st came about but to the best of my knoweledge Direct TV hasn't picked it up. Some of the shows they carry are old reruns of shows like Man From Uncle, I Spy, The FBI and others.

Don't know if all of those are still on the scedule I haven't looked recently but I can't undertsnad why a cable/sattelite company would choose not to carry a certain channel.
I understand some systems won't pick up Boomerang and some didn't even carry Noogin and when they did the classic CTW shows were either over or ended not long after.

I've written to DTV twice on why they're not carrying ALTV and they've said something like we don't have it and also stating, we will often pick up a channel if people ask for it. But how many requests must they get before they finally include it in their package? I'm sure many still may not know about it and There are those who probably don't have the time or the energy to even bother, which in itself isn't good but in a way they really shouldn't have to do that in the first place.

So while most of us probably have the faintest idea not why some comapnies won't carry something in your humble opinion why do you think they will not pick up a channel like ALTV?
    99Centsplease
    518 Posts
    17 years, 1 month ago
    Hardly anyone knows about AmericanLife (formerly "GoodLife). DirecTV's carried Noggin since it started. Now along with The N, it's a steaming pile of crap (so much nostaglia gone. Nick Rewind, anyone?).
    500th post reached July 2, 2007.
    -----------
    :)!
      tigediane
      331 Posts
      17 years, 1 month ago
      I remember when this channel was called the "Nostalgia" channel and it was carried on my local cable provider . This was in the early to mid 90's. I miss that channel. They used to show old movie serials and silent movies late saturday nights. I was a sucker for old time hollywood when I was a kid.
        An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss