menasor
661 Posts
16 years, 10 months ago
contrary to what a lot of people thought, Micheal Bay outdid himself. the movie was off the Phucking Chain. action packed, great storyline, and the robots kicked ass. no expense was spared for this movie. i have been a Transformer fan since the beginning and i was skeptical about this movie since i heard so much had been changed compared to the original series. the changes work. im not gonna spoil it for you guys or tell you anything about the movie except that .... nah, nothing, just go watch it!!!!!!!!:D :D :D
Katon Gokakyuu No Jutsu
    System
    79987 Posts
    16 years, 10 months ago
    Not seeing it. My friend saw it and gave me the synopsis. There were several things that you just don't do and they did it. So yeah, I have a better use of my time.
      stupidpuppet
      54 Posts
      16 years, 10 months ago
      i've been looking forward to this for SO long! i never expected them to stay true to the original. in fact, i'm looking forward to changes/updates. i'm going on the 5th, so i hope no one spoils anything for me before then. :D
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]C'mon, Romy, let's just go dance with ourselves.[/FONT]
        TMNT
        5203 Posts
        16 years, 10 months ago
        I am going to see it next monday so IF you say it good then I am going to see it forsure.
          WARLORD1863
          517 Posts
          16 years, 10 months ago
          ****WARNING!! Possible Spoilers!****

As a hardcore fan of the series, the kind who still collects original figures and goes to TF conventions, I have to say that I was a LITTLE dissappointed with this movie (although I still loved it).

I felt that there were a lot of tacky comedy scenes that didn't belong, like bumblebee releasing his fluids (if you see it, you'll know) and President Bush wanting some ding-dongs. The tacky comedy acts got so bad that Optimus looked overly foolish. I thought I was watching a giant robot version of 3 stooges when they were trying to hide from the parents. Shia Lebouf was just flat out annoying. I grew to really hate his character (although it could have been out of jealousy, Megan Fox is so amazingly hot). And as a nod to the G1 series, I think his eBay handle should have been "Spike". Not to give it away but there were deaths that occurred to characters that didn't have enough time to really make themselves important in the eyes of the audience. The deaths ended up being meaningless, because even at the end there just wasn't enough time to form that kind of movie-like emotional bond. Bumblebee I can see as having that bond with the audience, and Optimus too.

I disagree with the feelings about Megatron having too small of a role, I just think they should have made his awakening more menacing and important. It felt as if Megatron was just yet another robot in the fight, when it should have felt like the ultimate video game boss ready to rob the gamer of his victory.

There are A LOT of things I would change in this movie to make it better (at least in my eyes), but I think my feelings are just a result of impossibly high expectations that I set years ago when this movie was simply a rumor going around hollywood. Since then I had followed this project religiously from conception to release, and with every passing year my expectations grew higher and higher. It's not to say I didn't like this movie, but I can't lie about how I felt about it. I walked out of there thinking about how cool the action was, how great it was to see the TF in a new movie, how exciting it was to hear Peter Cullen as Optimus, and how hot Megan Fox was. But there was that nagging feeling of dissappointment in the back of my head.
            167 Posts
            16 years, 10 months ago
            Well i was going to try and catch it last night but endded up being at work to late taking care of some last minute issue. So i think ill get a chance to see it today and with all the good reviews i am sad i missed it last night.
              16 years, 10 months ago
              Look, they already have a rip off of Transformers called Transmorphers:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2-6XdiR1iI
              Narrator: Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality. But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit... a Darkside :twisted:
                shiroihikari
                1751 Posts
                16 years, 10 months ago
                I'm going to see it this weekend. I was NOT a Transformers fan as a child; I only recently started to like it, so I have no nostalgia whatsoever for the franchise. Therefore, I am looking to have a damn good time at this movie, and from what I hear, it's going to be a whole lot of fun to watch. Since when do people expect Oscar material out of a summer blockbuster, much less one about giant freaking robots? :P
                Coming Soon to Nostalgia Junkie: Nostalgiathon 2009!
                  animefan123
                  809 Posts
                  16 years, 10 months ago
                  Im going to see it pretty soon. Yeah I wasn't a transformers kid to but Im in to action movies these days so I might as well see it! ^_^At first I thought it was going to be corny, But now I really want to see!
                  =50 ways to describe Happiness=

2/50: Happiness Is telling a Joke and people find It funny 1/30/10

=========================================
                  Drew: Where's your mother?
                  Angelica: She's in the shower. She says she has to wash away the stench
                    scj1488
                    25 Posts
                    16 years, 10 months ago
                    not great but alright
                      TMNT
                      5203 Posts
                      16 years, 10 months ago
                      I just get back from the movies Transformers and I was in shock That Movie was so awsome I love it I cant believe Micheal bay do a awsome job on the movie I love it and I give it seven thumbs up if I had seven thumbs lol.
                        SNAKEeyes001
                        212 Posts
                        16 years, 10 months ago
                        It was a good movie. The action was great.
                        Thats it man , Game Over man ,
                          TMNT
                          5203 Posts
                          16 years, 10 months ago
                          SNAKEeyes001
                          It was a good movie. The action was great.

You bet it was a Great Action scenes in the movie Pulse it had some humor in the movie too.
                            Jesus_crysus
                            1260 Posts
                            16 years, 10 months ago
                            does anyone know the ending?

JOIN THE REVOLUTION
                              Edymnion
                              2304 Posts
                              16 years, 10 months ago
                              This post contains spoilers (mostly minor though).
                              I really, really wanted to like this movie. I really did... :(

First up, I'd like to say the action was pretty good, but I'm not impressed with things blowing up, so most of that stuff blew right past me without leaving much of a mark.

My main complaints, in no particular order:
                              1. Too much Three Stooges. The Autobots go sneaking around and acting like goofballs when they're not kicking ass. The little minicon thing was just very poorly done.
                              2. The Macguffin was weak. The all-spark my ass. "The thing everybody wants that has ultimate power" that never really does anything. Honestly, what was the point of that thing? It doesn't fit existing Transformer lore, and there were so many other things they could have used. And even worse, if the thing could be used by either side, why did it only make Decepticons? If its what made both sides, why could it not be used to make Autobots instead of just crazed killing machines?
                              3. No character development. I mean, not even *BASIC* character development. You get a quicky introduction and a few one liners from everybody but Optimus, then nothing. Bumblebee in particular got bad treatment. I don't mind him being a Camero, but geez, did they have to make him sound like a small wounded animal all the damned time? Same with the human characters. They were just sort of stuck in there. Didn't feel a thing for any of them.
                              4. All the money spent on the effects, and the transformations still weren't very well done. Bumblebee ignored conservation of mass every time he transformed, and IMO none of them really looked that believable.
                              5. Backstory was weak. So... so much awesome lore they could have at least touched on, but didn't.
                              6. The autobot designs were weak. I'm sorry, but Optimus with lips didn't work for me. When his faceplate closed in battle, his head looked right, but there was no Peter Cullen goodness coming out anymore. I didn't like all the jagged bits everywhere, I didn't like how little of their vehicle form was visible while transformed, and no, I never did get used to Prime with flames. Pimp My Ride Optimus is not where its at.
                              7. How did Bumblebee talk at the end? Was touching the all-spark supposed to fully repair him? I'm pretty sure he spoke through his radio after that, so that must not have been it. But there he is talking normally at the end, and its not like there was time for Wratchet to repair his voicebox when his legs were strewn across half of town.
                              I mean, I really wanted to like this movie, I really, really did. But it feels like what it is, nearly 2 hours of setup to get a giant robot fight at the end.

Even by 80's half hour toy commercial TV standards, the plot was sub-standard.

It gets a thumbs down from me.
                              Even the bat signal/thundercats thing was stupid...

Thylacine
                                1525 Posts
                                16 years, 10 months ago
                                So...all in all it's awesome, yet there's too much comedy. I can work with that.

Oh, and did Prime look funny with a mouth? That's what I relly want to know.
                                "Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
                                -Rampage, Beast Wars

Edymnion
                                  2304 Posts
                                  16 years, 10 months ago
                                  Thylacine
                                  Oh, and did Prime look funny with a mouth? That's what I relly want to know.
                                  Yes. Not only does he have a mouth, he's got all these small panels around his nose that move around while he talks. Not really replicating facial movement so much as just having moving parts on his face.

System
                                    79987 Posts
                                    16 years, 10 months ago
                                    Edymnion
                                    Yes. Not only does he have a mouth, he's got all these small panels around his nose that move around while he talks. Not really replicating facial movement so much as just having moving parts on his face.

Why the hell would a robot need nostrils? Oh wait *spooky voice time* realism!
                                      16 years, 10 months ago
                                      I loved the movie. I did think that there was too much attempts at humor. I didn't like how Bumblebee didn't talk until the end. I did understand the importance of the Allspark. It's power is creation and if it can create, it would probably be able to destroy. So if Megatron got it, he could destroy anything he wanted to. I was hoping for more Decepticons vs. Autobots fights in the movie. Megatron should have been in the fights more. One thing I did like is how the Autobots knew that Optimus is the only one who can take on Megatron. I would like to have seen more of the Transformers fighting than seeing what the humans are doing. The ending is unexpected. It is one of the better blockbuster movies of the summer. The only other movie that I really liked this summer was the last movie I saw before Transformers: Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At Worlds End.
                                        OldSchool90s
                                        126 Posts
                                        16 years, 10 months ago
                                        to me it is a GREAT movie. but that one trailer b4 da movie started about some kinda monster or something. it didnt show a title just da release date. 1/8/08. i was thinking godzilla but i dunno.
                                        "I've never really wanted to go to japan, simply because I don't really like eating fish, and i know thats very popular out there in Africa" - Britney Spears
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss