JerseyJ
533 Posts
16 years, 10 months ago
I had a crazy chain of events. It all started when I was on an imdb message board. I was looking at a "Nickelodeon is dead" type of topic and someone posted a link for the Roundhouse opening on YouTube. I watched the clip on YouTube and as I was watching, I noticed a list of other clips, including some old Nickelodeon bumpers. I watched a compilation of bumpers in one clip and noticed Retrojunk.com in the corner of the video. I typed it into the address field and...
It is better to be hated for standing by your beliefs than it is to be loved for biting your tongue.
Some call it obsession, some call it a hobby... I call it personality.
www.tv-links.co.uk www.retrojunk.com
    Silversword55
    369 Posts
    16 years, 10 months ago
    To be honest, I joined RJ to just reply at this topic. But I decided to post everywhere as well.
      RetroToon
      759 Posts
      16 years, 10 months ago
      Well I've actually been watching this site for a LONG time! This was like the place to watch the classic old commercials that I haven't seen in years, and I think it's very rare to find any of those. :cool:

It wasn't until just recently that my interest in this site made me come here, and I have to say that this place is VERY cool! :D
        Everglot
        83 Posts
        16 years, 10 months ago
        I found this site two years ago while looking at this page:

http://members.tripod.com/lisanostalgia1/80sproducts.html

The section was called advertising links. The link lead to where the commercial page was. If you find the link on that page, don't click it because it's an old link. I had an old computer back then so it was difficult to look at the commercials. Once I got a WinXP, I was hooked. This site has been a part of my life ever since.
          outfit
          899 Posts
          16 years, 10 months ago
          I was in the middle of a snow storm deep in the woods drinking wine and feasting on junk food with a friend. I asked did he remember "Mumenshans" and not only did he remember but started to act like the creepy slinky-type version. It was great. I tried to find the Mumenshans(spelling?), to see if they still existed and wound up here, at retro junk.
            Luna2
            384 Posts
            16 years, 10 months ago
            i dont remember 100% but im pretty sure i was looking for a old show i didnt really remember and through my poorly done search found this wonderful site that helped me recall almost everything i ever watched
              RetroToon
              759 Posts
              16 years, 10 months ago
              I actually came across this site while looking through the forums on UltimateDisney.com. One topic had a trailer for The Little Mermaid, and the link took me right here. :)

I just bought the DVD of The Little Mermaid yesterday too. :rolleyes:
                menasor
                661 Posts
                16 years, 10 months ago
                i did a yahoo search for the lyrics to Silver Spoons and what do you know, a link to retrojunk
                Katon Gokakyuu No Jutsu
                  retroguy78
                  597 Posts
                  16 years, 10 months ago
                  I discovered this website over a year ago after I saw an old commercial for Dream Phone on ifilm.com with the retrojunk logo on it.
                    16 years, 10 months ago
                    ...isn't this already a topic?

anyway, someone posted a link to here on the ZSNES boards
                      brown_eyed1
                      1948 Posts
                      16 years, 10 months ago
                      I was looking for PJ Sparkles online. Nothing really showed up, but then I noticed on Google there was a link to the RJ site. I found the forums, got an account, and created a thread about PJ Sparkles in the "Memory Lane" section. It was there that I met Sunriser and a few of my other fellow retro junkies. And here I am today! :)
                      Cookie!!! OM NOM NOM!
                        lorax
                        977 Posts
                        16 years, 10 months ago
                        One night almost 2 years ago my best friend and i were hanging out in her dorm room and we started talking about old shows and stuff and for some reason we started singing the theme song to some cartoon from the early '90s and we both thought the lyrics went a different way, so she jumped on her computer to try and find out and somehow wound up here. I thought the place was cool so she IMed the link to me and i've been coming here ever since
                        "This scar is a fleck on my porcelain skin, tried to reach deep but you couldn't get in..."
                          RetroGAL
                          181 Posts
                          16 years, 10 months ago
                          I can't really remeber I think it was a link or something I know there was this website called Yesterday land which was an awesome site *Same with this one* and I just found it out of nowhere and I am quite happy I found it I love you all.
                          LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN:)
                            toonwatcher
                            431 Posts
                            16 years, 10 months ago
                            Me and my friends were talking about old school cartoons earlier and I decided to look for an intro for Pole Position and I saw this site. After that I spent like weeks looking at intros I remembered when I was little. I didn't even notice the forums until I actually looked at the bottom of the homepage so I joined.
                            Wanna fight?
                            Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 1504-5379-3456

Wanna race?
                            Mario Kart Wii FC: 3866-8409-4914

Wii code 2157-1037-5084-0140
                              animefan123
                              809 Posts
                              16 years, 10 months ago
                              I was looking for old school allthat episode and I went on google. There was a link so I clicked on it
                              =50 ways to describe Happiness=

2/50: Happiness Is telling a Joke and people find It funny 1/30/10

=========================================
                              Drew: Where's your mother?
                              Angelica: She's in the shower. She says she has to wash away the stench
                                16 years, 10 months ago
                                I found this site by randomly searching google for stuff and eventually some webpage(cant remember) had a link to this site and I got hooked ever since:D:D:D
                                Alpha we need five teenagers with attitude!-Zordon
                                  avaitor
                                  789 Posts
                                  16 years, 10 months ago
                                  I was googling Captain N 2 years, and I found a link with an article of it here.
                                    PyroPhoenixX
                                    423 Posts
                                    16 years, 10 months ago
                                    I found this site through YouTube. At the time, I was lookin for AMVs, but I got bored and search for cartoons I used to watch. I saw intros where it said RetroJunk on the bottom, Googled it and it spit me here. So I thank YouTube and Google for that. :cool:
                                    This message will now self destruct...
                                      gustogummi
                                      2602 Posts
                                      16 years, 10 months ago
                                      I was searching for 80s cartoons and I came here.
                                        DMoney89
                                        2503 Posts
                                        16 years, 10 months ago
                                        I'd actually been coming back and forth to this site for a while. It was just recently when someone else here made a column talking about SPAAAAAACE CASESSSSSSSSSSSSSS that made me want to join. I'm glad I did :)
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss