Copper20
601 Posts
16 years, 10 months ago
These are awful! God damn cheerleaders, just STFU ALREADY!!

The music sucks, you have to sit in designated areas.

Does anyone agree with me? They're retarded.
    Dave_Lino
    584 Posts
    16 years, 10 months ago
    Well i agree and disagree. for all years of high school i was in the symphonic band and we always played the music in the pep rally for those *occasions* so to say. i liked that part. some parts were cool others were boring so i sort of liked it overall.
      DMoney89
      2503 Posts
      16 years, 10 months ago
      I personally think they're GREAT :D
      I'm on the football team though, so I might be a bit biased... ;)

When I was a freshman, I was at the pep rally for the varsity team, and we didn't have to sit in any designated area. Maybe they just suck at your school.
        Copper20
        601 Posts
        16 years, 10 months ago
        In my high school they do this shit to us, they put us by grade level. BULLSHIT!!
          cquinniey
          454 Posts
          16 years, 10 months ago
          I liked school pep rallies. I didn't like being separated by class but I liked making as much noise as I wanted and cheering for my friends on the football team.
            Caps_2-0(Moderator)
            2745 Posts
            16 years, 10 months ago
            I think that the disenchanted student body at the pep rally in "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" sums up my look at these things. For further explication, my article "Don't Call Me A Poser" has an explanation of why I hate pep rallies.
              rksexy2finger
              990 Posts
              16 years, 10 months ago
              Yepp I agree pep rallies are so stupid. Homecoming is even worse in my opinion. School spirit is cheesy too.
                Edymnion
                2304 Posts
                16 years, 10 months ago
                I took my laser pointer to manditory pep rallies and spent the entire time trying to blind the quarterback with it.

Life got better when I became a teacher's aid and didn't have to go to that crap anymore.

Ilikethepixies
                  5870 Posts
                  16 years, 10 months ago
                  I loved 'em. All the cliques would seperate themselves out with polar attraction and repulsion. Such a great social experiment.

All the Type-A, jock personalities were paraded around while the angsty, greasy-haired hipsters smoked cigarettes on the hillside declaring pep rallies to be "so proletariat and pedestrian". Of course there were others, but those were the two most extreme varieties.

I thought they were kind of neat, just to watch everyone else. I always thought about the ending of that movie "Heathers" during them.
                    gustogummi
                    2602 Posts
                    16 years, 10 months ago
                    We only had one pep rally per year at my HS back in the early-mid 1990s. They had it at the end of the day like around 1:30 PM (school let out at 2:30 PM). Oh well, I never went to the pep rally anyways. I just leave....and go do my thing.
                      pikachulover
                      2944 Posts
                      16 years, 10 months ago
                      I hated rallies too. The worst thing was that most of my friends were in band so had nobody to hang out with. My school did bad music videos parodies and skits for entertainment besides the cheerleaders. We had separate "class" colors along with siting with our grade. Then the teachers would get mad because all the grades would insult each other. We would always have such dumb themes too like Disney.
                        brown_eyed1
                        1948 Posts
                        16 years, 10 months ago
                        Ilikethepixies
                        I loved 'em. All the cliques would seperate themselves out with polar attraction and repulsion. Such a great social experiment.

All the Type-A, jock personalities were paraded around while the angsty, greasy-haired hipsters smoked cigarettes on the hillside declaring pep rallies to be "so proletariat and pedestrian". Of course there were others, but those were the two most extreme varieties.

I thought they were kind of neat, just to watch everyone else. I always thought about the ending of that movie "Heathers" during them.

Hehe, it was like that at my school, too...
                        Cookie!!! OM NOM NOM!
                          avaitor
                          789 Posts
                          16 years, 10 months ago
                          We had 'em yearly at my middle school. I thoguht they were alright as a get out of 6th peroid pass, but yea, I wasn't too found of them. Once I went to high school, and they did them weekly in the morinings, I was like fuck that, I'm gonna stay in bed!
                            redcap92
                            20 Posts
                            16 years, 10 months ago
                            Well some are alright, but if you get stuck into going into this gym with the whole middle school with this crappy rapper that repeats over and over "Don't be a fool, stay in school!" and the nurse in a mascot suit and the pep rally is about a standerdized test, then yes, it is retarded. They also had some lady come in a read a Dr. Seuss book to us during the pep rally. what the hell, we're not in preschool!
                            Heyo!
                              16 years, 10 months ago
                              Eh, last pep rally I went to, I was part of

and when the football team huddled up to "break it down" on someone (I was on the football team then) they all went after me :p
                                MissALibra86
                                521 Posts
                                16 years, 10 months ago
                                I had to go to pep rallies about three times a year when I was in high school. In the fall was Homecoming, and there was also the Winter Sports and Spring Sports pep rallies. I liked dressing up in gold and blue (my high school's colors - hey, I was voted most spirited; I loved my high school, just not the students in it) and getting out of class, but the rest of it was pretty boring. Being stuffed in the gym with 2,700 other high school kids was not fun.

In my junior and senior years I liked the Winter Sports Assembly since I did not have to sit with the rest of the crowd and I got to be a part of the pep rally (I think that's more fun). I was on the varsity bowling team, and we got to wear our uniforms and be cheered on by everyone.

Also, I was in NHS, and in my senior year I got to play in the annual basketball match of NHS vs. faculty. The faculty won almost every year, and it was no exception in my year, but oh well.

I do not currently go to the annual pep rally at my college (it's not mandatory), and I am thankful I do not have to go as a spectator, but I would love to be a part of it if I could.
                                You cannot leave the magic - Down at Fraggle Rock!

Anyone who sings like that should be dragged out into the street and shot - Garfield

I'm not messy. I'm organizationally challenged ! -Garfield

"Bouncing is what Tiggers do best!" - Tigger
                                  kayvee
                                  3672 Posts
                                  16 years, 10 months ago
                                  I always wondered what it would be like to attend one. Back then I could care less, but as an adult I often wonder what may have happened had I played along a little better. Like most artists, I was a bad kid and found a lot of difficulty in school.
                                    An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss