Saradomin
581 Posts
14 years, 2 months ago
I already posted about this in another one's topic, but I'm asking if any of you know a good social networking site that's out there, and the features it has. I think that Myspace is a poor example because after it's been advertised all over the place with it's poor features and terrible webpage layout, I begin to think to myself that there are other alternatives. Facebook may be one, but it is starting to gain momentum and I pretty much think that when something good turns mainstream, it gets merchandised the crap out of and gets loaded with junk that is otherwise unnecessary for a regular user.

A while ago I discovered Virb, and I can say that it's much better than Myspace. Although it has less people, the options it has for a social networking user are far better. You can customize your own layout in a much easier fashion and you can even make your own headings and subtopics, something that Myspace hasn't been able to do. I recently got rid of my Myspace account after I've been bombarded with spam messages and gotten friend requests from people trying to sell me stuff. Until I find another good networking site, I'm going to stick with Virb.

But I'm sure there are more social networking sites that are just as good as Virb. Do any of you know any place that is better than Myspace?
    COOLHAND
    2938 Posts
    14 years, 2 months ago
    I would have to say RETROJUNK!
      TMNT
      5203 Posts
      14 years, 2 months ago
      Retrojunk! Rulz
        Saradomin
        581 Posts
        14 years, 2 months ago
        Umm, no. I'm talking places like Facebook where you interact with people and it's not specifically for one area of discussion. Retrojunk is for older stuff right?

Right now I'm using Virb but if there are any other places where there are plenty of people using it, tell me. Don't say Myspace because I've been there and it's a god awful mess right now.
          14 years, 2 months ago
          so you arent necessarily looking to connect with real life friends, right? kind of just wanting to make new online friends? cause if you want to connect with people you already know, then i dont know if there really are any other good alternatives.
          [FONT="Fixedsys"]I'll let you see MY myspace if you let me see YOURS[/FONT]
            nippy
            2386 Posts
            14 years, 2 months ago
            There's this amazing place I've found to meet people of all ages! It's called 'real life', and is bigger than myspace, facebook, and any other 'meet people' sites combined! All you have to do is click on 'shut down' in your start menu, and you're off! You might even get to leave the house! :shock:
              Saradomin
              581 Posts
              14 years, 2 months ago
              Dude, cmon, I'm not asking for much. I just want others to post down social networking websites that are actually good.
                An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss