Ackman
911 Posts
14 years, 1 month ago
how come no one wants to acknowledge Pearl hbr. Day? It makes me angry that 9/11 gets all the attention and focus, but Pearl Harbor is of equal importance. It was an attack on our soil just like 9/11, and yet people forget. FDR even said that it was "a day that will live in infamy" And yet we do not remember; no, maybe its because there are too many sales to go shop at, maybe you don't want to tell school children, because you'll scare them. So, please remember those who fell at Pearl Harbor, because they need to be remembered, and not forgotten and shoved away in some dusty cobwebbed corner of your mind.
    SchwinnGirl
    350 Posts
    14 years, 1 month ago
    Ackman
    So, please remember those who fell at Pearl Harbor, because they need to be remembered, and not forgotten and shoved away in some dusty cobwebbed corner of your mind.

Hear, hear, Ackman. As a daughter of a Veteran (not a WWII veteran, however), it's been instilled in me to observe all of these remembrances.

Thanks for this post.

Apparently shopping > remembering anything important about American/WORLD history.
    SchwinnGirl's Signature Image
    Homer_Simpson
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
      mr3urious
      3356 Posts
      14 years, 1 month ago
      I'm actually doing a report on Pearl Harbor right now!

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not." -Kurt Cobain
        14 years, 1 month ago
        U.S. Soldiers are still buried over in Europe.

Can you still remember when Pan Am Flight 103 got blown up over Lockerbie, Scotland?

Even in times of good, I still do not forget the past.
        The More Things Change, The More That They Stay The Same

Every Good Thing Comes To An End
          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss