kerfootb
288 Posts
14 years, 1 month ago
Got back from a screening of Sweeney Todd about a few hours ago. Great and very faithful to the 30-year old Broadway hit. I also thought the singing was great but the blood was like in "Monty Phython". I saw why people still love Sondheim after all these years. The ending really got to me and left me with my jaw open even after I had gleefully watched Sweeney get his revenge. Has anyone else gone to see it?
    14 years, 1 month ago
    I haven't gotten the opportunity to see it yet, but have heard a lot of good things about it. One of these days, I'll have to catch a showing. Johnny Depp is one of the best actors of all time, and it's nice to see him in another Tim Burton film.
      FanOingo
      19 Posts
      14 years, 1 month ago
      I saw this movie on Friday, and I freakin' loved it. In my opinion this is Burton's best movie. As much as I love Nightmare Before Christmas, this was 10 times better. =)
        kerfootb
        288 Posts
        14 years, 1 month ago
        Dammit! 5th place in it's first week! NT2 has to steal the show and Will Smith and Alvin climb down one spot and it's still not enough.
          shiroihikari
          1751 Posts
          14 years ago
          You mean people are actually going to see National Treasure 2? I'm surprised.

I really want to see this movie, but I probably won't get to until it comes out on DVD.
          Coming Soon to Nostalgia Junkie: Nostalgiathon 2009!
            An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss