Horny_Toad
590 Posts
14 years ago
Keep it clean, people - this isn't the war room, but what are the cliched stereotypes you have of other people?

For example, do you see all Germans as fat, wearing lederhosen, big fat moustache and eating sauasages?

Do you so French people as smelly, blue and white stripey jersey, wearing onions around his neck as he cycles to the nearest brothel?

And what about emo kids? Are they all pathetic whiney, eyeline-wearing freaks that should get a grip and get a job?

Let's hear it!
    KRW
    431 Posts
    14 years ago
    I don't mean to offend some of the fat members of RJ, but here's my stereotype that I hold:

Fat people's farts are extremely smelly
      80skidAK
      701 Posts
      14 years ago
      That all people who post on fan forums are overweight 40 year old geeks.

I, however, am a 29 year old male model with six pack abs and a face like Brad Pitt.
        KRW
        431 Posts
        14 years ago
        Also, here's another stereotype I hold:

Republicans are corrupt politicians who care more about winning votes than anything else.
          abrindlek
          82 Posts
          14 years ago
          Very good; except that I feel that way about liberal politicians.

Maybe everyone is on to something here...
            darthmunk
            3361 Posts
            14 years ago
            I always assumed that all Germans are always mad and are always yelling when they talk.
              System
              79987 Posts
              14 years ago
              Stereotypes had to start somewhere.
                90srocked
                97 Posts
                14 years ago
                -Swedish people have gorgeous blond hair and smooth complexions
                -English people have bad teeth but have cool accents which make up for that
                -Republicans are racist, selfish, brain-washing, and uneducated about many issues
                -Many Americans are dumb

Let's see..there are a lot more that I can't think of at the moment...
                  MrCleveland
                  1066 Posts
                  14 years ago
                  Italians-Either is part of the Mafia or has a moustache and eats spaghetti. (There were a lot of Looney Tunes cartoons that have that, but I don't think they play those anymore.)

And for Americans...They're spoiled and lazy! That is all.
                    System
                    79987 Posts
                    14 years ago
                    when I moved back to the states after living a few years in Okinawa, the first thing I noitced is that there are a lot of fat people in this country.
                      misspiggy
                      1442 Posts
                      14 years ago
                      -rich people are mean and heartless
                      -old people are grumpy
                      -Mexicans are hard workers
                      -most Americans are naive
                      -women cry to much
                      -and male bartenders sleep around with everyone
                      -republicans are self-centered and self-serving bigots
                      -asian people are smart
                        Horny_Toad
                        590 Posts
                        14 years ago
                        Japanese people are very small, industrious people. But don't insult them, as they are all expert in various martial arts and will kill you like *that*.
                          Horny_Toad
                          590 Posts
                          14 years ago
                          Only gay men and women like musicals.
                            90srocked
                            97 Posts
                            14 years ago
                            Jewish people are rich
                            Asian people are smart
                            Swedish people are green
                            German people are racist
                              Saradomin
                              581 Posts
                              14 years ago
                              Many blonde haired girls are slutty, and constantly worry about their looks. They also make real stupid decisions.

Many Americans are slobs, don't care if the world is in a crisis, and only care about themselves. They also don't care if they do things over the top either.

Japanese are smart, hard working people. They also care about the content that they make.

Mexicans are also hard working people, but they get paid little money for their efforts. We also assume that the majority of them cross borders and do many illegal activities.
                                PirateNinja6
                                2472 Posts
                                14 years ago
                                Democrats are filthy pigs who make up lies about Right Wingers.
                                  the-micro-man
                                  3492 Posts
                                  14 years ago
                                  Mexicans in the US are dirty illegal immigrants

Jewish people have a good sense of humor (Good stereotype)

Italians have bad manners (And I'M mostly Italian, so you can't flag me with this one)

Conservatives are rednecks who wish to convert the entire world to Christianity and support the War in Iraq (I'm Christian, so you can't accuse me of being anti-religious)

Liberals are new-age hippie spawn who'd sooner kill a baby than use a non-environment-friendly mechanism and are communists

Irish people all have red hair and freckles

8th Graders are total preps with no personality that listen to rap music and are shallow with girls

The Elderly are either really mean or really nice
                                    14 years ago
                                    Negative ones :( :

Southerners are racist hillbillies and all of them own guns and shop at Wal-Mart
                                    Blacks are lazy troublemakers that only swear and blast their rap music and pull the race card all day (I'm a Black woman, so I would know)
                                    Irish only drink and fight
                                    British people are snooty and mean
                                    Canadians are slow and wimpy
                                    Brunettes are ugly, overweight, insecure, and forever jealous of blondes
                                    Women are too emotional and weak-willed to strive to get what they want and will do anything for a man's attention
                                    Whites are rich, racist, arrogant bring-downs that are too thin, materialistic, get pushed around by their children and only can cook and eat bland foods
                                    Garfield: "My car is so old, that it's insured against theft, flood, fire and dinosaur stampedes!"

Garfield: "The local bus transit is doing their part to help with the weight loss program: each year, they stop further and further away from the curb!
                                      KRW
                                      431 Posts
                                      14 years ago
                                      My other stereotypes

Jews have long & funny noses, always go for a bargain & eat only deli food & seltzer

Whites are suburban dwellers whose fathers/husbands are always late for their son's little league game (I'm white myself, so that's alright for me to say)

Blonde people are'nt very smart

Blacks like loud rap music, swear alot and are mysogynistic

Catholics like to grope young boys

Muslims are terrorists and wife-beaters

Native Americans are violent savages who like to wear tatoos, facepaint, fur & feathers

Canadians are a bunch of booze & hockey freaks who always say "eh?" at the end of their sentences

Last, but not least:

Americans always vote for the wrong things and wrong politicians
                                        14 years ago
                                        princess_of_power
                                        Southerners are racist hillbillies and all of them own guns and shop at Wal-Mart

yes, and they go around shooting at people

this said, here's one: professional people make $40k-$80k+/year, wear suits and ties to work, work in offices, etc.

(it's the only one I can come up with)
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss