jujubeeme
402 Posts
14 years ago
I love going to the Laugh Factory, Improv, Comedy Store, etc. and it's either hit or miss with the comedians. I might see Pablo Francisco at the Improv this weekend, and heard he was good. Does anyone know of any good comics to see?
    Captain_Howdy30
    2207 Posts
    14 years ago
    This is Miss Dandervilly Fuzzysnuff and her Ditty-Bag Ape, the FUNNIEST stand-up act of all time.

blueryan913
      716 Posts
      14 years ago
      Some of my favorite comics are
      Jon Pinette, Lewis Black, Dave Atell,
      Ralphie May, George Carlin, Ron White,
      The Amazing Jonathon(magician/standup)...
        Horny_Toad
        590 Posts
        14 years ago
        I used to do it myself *MANY* years ago. Me and another guy used to write stuff, too. Spoof and observational was our "thing", but I haven't the time now.
          System
          79987 Posts
          14 years ago
          Ellen Degenerees, but I don't think she's doing stand up anymore. Brian Regan is great, and clean. On the opposite end, Dennis Leary, he's just awsome.

The Comedy store huh, always wanted to go there, but more so for the ghosts then the comedians.
            misspiggy
            1442 Posts
            14 years ago
            I hear that wench from The View is touring, the redhead one. I think she will be coddled by people who love Barbra Walters. she is the least funny person, next to my aunt Ruth, of course.
              JP
              1826 Posts
              14 years ago
              How about Jerry Seinfeld? He's pretty funny.
              What is popular isn't always right; What is Right isn't always popular.
                14 years ago
                blueryan913
                Some of my favorite comics are
                Jon Pinette, Lewis Black, Dave Atell,
                Ralphie May, George Carlin, Ron White,
                The Amazing Jonathon(magician/standup)...

This list is great except for The Amazing Jonathan. He's a less funny and overly conceited version of Penn & Teller.

I'd also like to add Louis C.K. he's freakin' funny and you'd probably be able to actually see him do stand-up in a club.
                  Horny_Toad
                  590 Posts
                  14 years ago
                  But, as we all know, Bill Hicks was and always will be the funniest man ever.
                    Ilikethepixies
                    5870 Posts
                    14 years ago
                    The only one that makes me laugh nowadays is David Cross.

Also, Henry Rollins does humorous "spoken world" stuff, which is basically stand-up.

Bill Hicks was indeed the funniest man ever, Mr. Toad.
                      lilginger
                      519 Posts
                      14 years ago
                      Dane Cook Is my favorite for right now but I have always loved George Carlin too.
                      Ask me about my Ballcuzzies :wink:
                        KISSKRAZY
                        450 Posts
                        14 years ago
                        lilginger
                        Dane Cook Is my favorite for right now but I have always loved George Carlin too.
                        i hate Dane Cook with a passion :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
                        "No beer and no TV make Homer...something something."
                        "Go crazy ?"
                        "Don't mind if i do !"
                          Funky_Guy
                          2638 Posts
                          14 years ago
                          I've seen George Carlin and Steven Wright live, both of those were great shows. Steven Wright had me in hysterics nearly the whole time.

I hope to see Patton Oswalt live some time, I have a bunch of his stuff. I'd be into seeing Sarah Silverman too but I think I'd have a better chance of seeing Patton Oswalt cause he likes doing shows in Toronto.
                            14 years ago
                            KISSKRAZY
                            lilginger
                            i hate Dane Cook with a passion :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You're not alone, I can't stand him either and I'm finding more and more people that realize he sucks.
                              Ilikethepixies
                              5870 Posts
                              14 years ago
                              I hate Sarah Silverman and Dane Cook.

Especially that Sarah Silverman. Who knew you could make a career around saying stuff like "Isn't AIDS funny? I hate black people."
                                14 years ago
                                Ilikethepixies
                                I hate Sarah Silverman and Dane Cook.

Especially that Sarah Silverman. Who knew you could make a career around saying stuff like "Isn't AIDS funny? I hate black people."

Oof! I love Sarah Silverman! Well, I used to anyway. Ever since I found out she's dating JIMMY KIMMEL I've kind of sort of started having this icky feeling whenever I watch her now.
                                  Ilikethepixies
                                  5870 Posts
                                  14 years ago
                                  I remember thinking she was funny when she would do little stuff on Mtv and Mr. Show in the 90's. I tried watching that show of hers, and I could just feel my brain leaking out of my ears.
                                    14 years ago
                                    Ilikethepixies
                                    I remember thinking she was funny when she would do little stuff on Mtv and Mr. Show in the 90's. I tried watching that show of hers, and I could just feel my brain leaking out of my ears.

Same here but I liked the first season of The Sarah Silverman Show. I can't even sit through an entire episode of season 2 though. It's Jimmy Kimmel I tell ya! Jimmy wiped his greasy, fat-joke smeared hands all over her and sucked the funny right out of her!
                                      lilginger
                                      519 Posts
                                      14 years ago
                                      Dane Cook has tons and tons of fans. He is awesome. How can his comedy suck? He is also not to bad on the eyes. As for Sarah Silverman I thought she was funny here and there but after what she said about Britney's children I think that went to far. Don't get me wrong making fun of Britney Spears is hilarious but saying that about her children wasn't so cool. The children are an innocent party in my opinion.
                                      Ask me about my Ballcuzzies :wink:
                                        jujubeeme
                                        402 Posts
                                        14 years ago
                                        lilginger
                                        Dane Cook has tons and tons of fans. He is awesome. How can his comedy suck? He is also not to bad on the eyes. As for Sarah Silverman I thought she was funny here and there but after what she said about Britney's children I think that went to far. Don't get me wrong making fun of Britney Spears is hilarious but saying that about her children wasn't so cool. The children are an innocent party in my opinion.

I saw Dane Cook at the Improv once when he was a surprise guest, and he did a solid 3 hours of stand-up. The crowd loved him and wouldn't let him leave! But I heard people/comics don't like him because he "steals" jokes. I don't know if that's true or not.

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions by the way!
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss