Daikun
127 Posts
13 years, 10 months ago
...from the creators of Ask A Ninja!

Kent Nichols and Douglas Sarine are writing an adaptation of the 1978 cult monster movie Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Sarine and Nichols created the hit Web series Ask A Ninja; and Tomatoes will be Nichols' directorial debut.

Killer Tomato Entertainment sold the rights to the remake to M. Dal Walton III (who remade Day of the Dead and Terror Train), who is producing along with co-producer Emmett/Furla Films.

"Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is the masterwork of a generation," Nichols told the Reporter. "We can only aspire to recapture that magic."

Details of the script haven't been released, but it is still expected to be about, yes, killer tomatoes.
    COOLHAND
    2938 Posts
    13 years, 10 months ago
    no way!
      mlw1984
      1435 Posts
      13 years, 10 months ago
      Killer Tomatoes a masterpiece? It was awful.
        System
        79987 Posts
        13 years, 10 months ago
        I haven't seen that movie in forever. I barely remember anything about it. I still don't see how tomatoes could possibly be threatening. I say dig in!
          System
          79987 Posts
          13 years, 10 months ago
          mlw1984

yes but it's a masterpice of bad moviedom
            NoCode0680
            575 Posts
            13 years, 10 months ago
            I've never actually seen it. The only reason I know the name is because Jon Cryer took his lady friend to see it in "Morgan Stewart's Coming Home". Great movie by the way.
            Pearl to the damn Jam

Xe-A-Thoul
              6031 Posts
              13 years, 10 months ago
              Great, now they're introducing something cult to the MySpace age. Wonderful.
              I must enter a signature.
                System
                79987 Posts
                13 years, 10 months ago
                Baburu
                mlw1984

yes but it's a masterpice of bad moviedom

I bet they try to re-make it as a better movie, then fail, and not realize the irony.
                  Greengoblin
                  1731 Posts
                  13 years, 10 months ago
                  Well im suprised, maybe this will be better the the original. Afterall some bad movies do deserve a remake and the golden rule of a remake is sometimes "If it's a bad movie then make it better".
                    Cdokes1
                    1032 Posts
                    13 years, 10 months ago
                    This is nothing new everything is getting remade now nothing willbe classic anymore. That's a shame.
                      An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss