13 years, 10 months ago
All the ones I have known have always been very dorky and it seemed like something was missing, it's like that devoid of social interaction really hurts there abilty to convey proper relationships in a real life situation.
    gumbyman
    2008 Posts
    13 years, 10 months ago
    I dont see anything wrong with people that were homeschooled as kids, i myself was homeschooled as a kid and im fine.
      Videogamenerd
      1202 Posts
      13 years, 10 months ago
      home school kids are just like public just had school at there house.
      [sub] [/sub]

TurboDuo
        2086 Posts
        13 years, 10 months ago
        I was homeschooled from 1st Grade to 4th Grade, then I started going to regular schools at 5th Grade. Yeah, there are some very immature homeschooled kids out there, but that's just a stereotype. Besides, a lot of my friends used to be homeschooled.
        I want to be a dentist.

http://gamejunkie.com/
        YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/user/TurboDuo
          TMNT
          5203 Posts
          13 years, 10 months ago
          I never do home school before.
            the-micro-man
            3492 Posts
            13 years, 10 months ago
            I've been homeschooled all of my life, and I have lasting friendships. Kids from public school like me, and I'm not socially akward (I'm a bit shy with girls I don't know, but many public-schooled kids have that problem as well). I just think I'm a normal guy who does school at home. I seriously am starting to think that this is OMGWTFBQQ's alternate account, because he said the exact same things, except in a more insulting manner. Seriously, is this just an excuse to attack me, man? Or maybe it's just a normal thing for people from L.A. who were born in 1980, listen to grunge (which is actually a good thing), and have a degree in child psychology. Man, this is starting to get more obvious...

If you still don't believe me: my brother was homeschooled for most of his life, and then joined public school and almost immediately became a "popular kid".
              Videogamenerd
              1202 Posts
              13 years, 10 months ago
              That is cool home school aien't all that from what i've heard and seen from this article. I Have some home school friends and they make more sense then some of the Public school kids.
              [sub] [/sub]

the-micro-man
                3492 Posts
                13 years, 10 months ago
                Videogamenerd
                That is cool home school aien't all that from what i've heard and seen from this article. I Have some home school friends and they make more sense then some of the Public school kids.

Word, dude.
                  velcrohead
                  580 Posts
                  13 years, 10 months ago
                  My wife was home-schooled her entire school career. She's anything but dorky or maladjusted. In fact, she's rather popular and she's really easy on the eyes. And trust me, she has NO problems with relationships.
                    13 years, 10 months ago
                    the-micro-man
                    I've been homeschooled all of my life, and I have lasting friendships. Kids from public school like me, and I'm not socially akward (I'm a bit shy with girls I don't know, but many public-schooled kids have that problem as well). I just think I'm a normal guy who does school at home. I seriously am starting to think that this is OMGWTFBQQ's alternate account, because he said the exact same things, except in a more insulting manner. Seriously, is this just an excuse to attack me, man? Or maybe it's just a normal thing for people from L.A. who were born in 1980, listen to grunge (which is actually a good thing), and have a degree in child psychology. Man, this is starting to get more obvious...

If you still don't believe me: my brother was homeschooled for most of his life, and then joined public school and almost immediately became a "popular kid".

I have no idea who you are or wtf you're talking about, and considering this is a retro website isn't someone being born in 1980 common... and when i looked at that best bands thread i think everyone on here likes "grunge" music. And what's the child psychology thing all about?
                      the-micro-man
                      3492 Posts
                      13 years, 10 months ago
                      AliceInChains
                      the-micro-man

I have no idea who you are or wtf you're talking about, and considering this is a retro website isn't someone being born in 1980 common... and when i looked at that best bands thread i think everyone on here likes "grunge" music. And what's the child psychology thing all about?

Nevermind, then. If I accidentally made a mistake, then I did. But even when you put aside whether or not you're really OMGWTFBBQ (gosh, I really hate typing that name), you still seem kind of prejudiced against home-schoolers. :roll:
                        System
                        79987 Posts
                        13 years, 10 months ago
                        I dunno much 'bout that home schooled stuff. The way I see it, if parents wanna home school their kids I think it would be beneficial that they be licensed and trained to teach or at least be knowledgeable in general education. Some parents ( not all ) don't seem to know half the stuff that most kids should learn/concentrate on. But oh well, that's just my opinion about it.
                          Miss_Icia
                          17 Posts
                          13 years, 10 months ago
                          One of the people I met this year just started going to public school last year as a junior. She is AMAZING! She is the most fun, crazy, interesting person. She's not afraid to break out in ballet moves or sing a really weird Christian metal song. She's just cool. Her younger sister is the same way.
                          Hey smilin' strange, you're looking happily deranged.
                          Hey Sandy...
                          DoN't TaLk To StRaNgErS oN tHe PhOnE!
                            13 years, 10 months ago
                            the-micro-man
                            AliceInChains
                            the-micro-man

Nevermind, then. If I accidentally made a mistake, then I did. But even when you put aside whether or not you're really OMGWTFBBQ (gosh, I really hate typing that name), you still seem kind of prejudiced against home-schoolers. :roll:

The homeschool thing has been big in the news lately and I was giving my opinion on the subject, but I do notice that you seem to get into arguments with almost everyone on this board. Conisdering your massive post history I think you need to take some time off this board and do some more studing, because you seem to take offense to everything people say on here. Which proves my point of a lack of social interaction making you not able to deal with normal conversation or criticism in a even manner.
                              NoCode0680
                              575 Posts
                              13 years, 10 months ago
                              I only knew one home schooled kid. He was a friend of mine as a kid, he lived in my neighborhood. He was cool, but he was pretty strange. I don't think it had anything to do with his homeschooling, he just had a very bizarre family.
                              Pearl to the damn Jam

punky
                                441 Posts
                                13 years, 10 months ago
                                I am a public school teacher. Frankly, I see no problem with PROPER home schooling, as long as the child is involved in outside recreational activities so that they gain socilization skills.
                                  Videogamenerd
                                  1202 Posts
                                  13 years, 10 months ago
                                  punky
                                  I am a public school teacher. Frankly, I see no problem with PROPER home schooling, as long as the child is involved in outside recreational activities so that they gain socilization skills.

nice reply
                                  [sub] [/sub]

midas
                                    197 Posts
                                    13 years, 10 months ago
                                    Actually, the home school kids I have met are very odd. I have never liked the idea but when I worked with some I found they struggled to interact with the other people invloved in the project
                                    You have to see this, no, seriously
                                      punky
                                      441 Posts
                                      13 years, 10 months ago
                                      Videogamenerd
                                      punky

nice reply

Thanks!
                                        13 years, 10 months ago
                                        midas
                                        Actually, the home school kids I have met are very odd. I have never liked the idea but when I worked with some I found they struggled to interact with the other people invloved in the project

That's what I'm talking about. :!:
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss