beatlenik
200 Posts
13 years, 10 months ago
I know there's already a have you met a celebrity thread, but for the people who have I'd love to here any stories you have about the experience.
    DevilJosh
    74 Posts
    13 years, 10 months ago
    Meeting Regis Philbin and nearly kicking his ass because he felt the need to make fat jokes and be nasty.

Meeting Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi and being told by both that this is the worse time to try to get into the movie business because of all the politics.

Hanging out with Malcolm Mcdowell and Udo Kier and buying Mr Kier 3 packs of Marlboro Reds because his go-fer at a convention failed to show up.

Last year meeting Donald Trump in Central Park as I put down flowers at John Lennons memorial. Nice guy and extremely polite.

Almost getting into a fist fight with Ted Nugent and me telling him to fuck himself. (Always love that memory, lol)

Hanging out with Rammstein backstage and discussing U.S History with Flake (the keyboardist).
      punky
      441 Posts
      13 years, 10 months ago
      A few friends and I met the guys of Nappy Roots (a rap group that had some hits a few years back)at a hotel bar in Norfolk, Virginia. We had a few drinks with them, and they were (VERY obviously) rolling and smoking a blunt right at the bar. Nothing too exciting, but it was fun!
        beatlenik
        200 Posts
        13 years, 10 months ago
        DevilJosh
        Meeting Regis Philbin and nearly kicking his ass because he felt the need to make fat jokes and be nasty.

Almost getting into a fist fight with Ted Nugent and me telling him to fuck himself. (Always love that memory, lol)

Wow. Can you elaborate any on the Regis or Ted Nugent stories?
          DevilJosh
          74 Posts
          13 years, 10 months ago
          Ted was a haunted house I was working at in Mi and ran the fat jokes into the ground. As for Regis, I was only here in NY for 2 days and I had decided to take a day to do the "tourist" thing and while buying a coney dog from a vendor he walked out of the building, came over, greeted the vendor and when he saw me with my coney dog he grinned and said "Shouldn't you be eating one of those health dogs?" Then he made a comment to the vendor about me eating up his entire stock. When I went to ask who the fuck he was, he was already across the street, with me screaming at him. I asked the vendor why Philben didn't pay for the dogs the vendor said there were certain people he didn't charge.
            beatlenik
            200 Posts
            13 years, 10 months ago
            DevilJosh
            Ted was a haunted house I was working at in Mi and ran the fat jokes into the ground. As for Regis, I was only here in NY for 2 days and I had decided to take a day to do the "tourist" thing and while buying a coney dog from a vendor he walked out of the building, came over, greeted the vendor and when he saw me with my coney dog he grinned and said "Shouldn't you be eating one of those health dogs?" Then he made a comment to the vendor about me eating up his entire stock. When I went to ask who the fuck he was, he was already across the street, with me screaming at him. I asked the vendor why Philben didn't pay for the dogs the vendor said there were certain people he didn't charge.

Wow. I've heard Ted was an asshole but never anything on Regis. I guess some celebrities are just assholes. Personally I think celebrities should be treated like everyone else, make them pay for things. If a celebrity ever says I just want to be treated like everyone else, then I say pay for your own stuff and don't push your way to the front of lines. You know, don't try to get any special treatment.
              Alyssa_Branen
              2220 Posts
              13 years, 10 months ago
              Geez he must put on a fake face for the biggest loser contestants that come on the show. What a Jerkweed!
              :)
                Daniel85
                1699 Posts
                13 years, 10 months ago
                Not really. My girlfriend and I almost got to meet Erik Estrada at a Mariners game, but there were like a thousand people lined up to get a picture. White people love Ponch!
                  An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss