13 years, 9 months ago
Why a song about not wanting to get an education? They should sing songs to motivate kids to goto school.
    SSJ_Jup81
    4806 Posts
    13 years, 9 months ago
    I think they're being realistic, and I have heard some of that song before. I was laughing a bit at the irony since, at that age, I felt the same way.

Seriously, what kid likes going to school? They're probably voicing the opinion of kids in a general sense. They hate going, but still go.

It's like adults with work. We may vocalize how we hate going to work and how we don't want to, but we still do it anyway because it's our responsibility to.

Singing about how you don't want to go to school is different than singing a song about not going to school or to blow it off, which I don't think the song is doing...not from the few lyrics I heard in the commercial I saw.
      blueluigi
      3338 Posts
      13 years, 9 months ago
      Ugh, don't remind me about that song, it's so awful it annoys me everytime I listen to it.
        System
        79987 Posts
        13 years, 9 months ago
        I die a little inside every time I hear it.
          animefan123
          809 Posts
          13 years, 9 months ago
          When I was a kid, I never wanted to go to school. lol
          =50 ways to describe Happiness=

2/50: Happiness Is telling a Joke and people find It funny 1/30/10

=========================================
          Drew: Where's your mother?
          Angelica: She's in the shower. She says she has to wash away the stench
            13 years, 9 months ago
            I seen a commercial or something with them in it and I hate them, especially the singer I think. May I curse on here?
              Videogamenerd
              1202 Posts
              13 years, 9 months ago
              They are just kids trying to make money they are not a true band and yes when i hear that song it makes me feel crappy.
              [sub] [/sub]

13 years, 9 months ago
                SSJ_Jup81
                I think they're being realistic, and I have heard some of that song before. I was laughing a bit at the irony since, at that age, I felt the same way.

Seriously, what kid likes going to school? They're probably voicing the opinion of kids in a general sense. They hate going, but still go.

It's like adults with work. We may vocalize how we hate going to work and how we don't want to, but we still do it anyway because it's our responsibility to.

Singing about how you don't want to go to school is different than singing a song about not going to school or to blow it off, which I don't think the song is doing...not from the few lyrics I heard in the commercial I saw.

I keep hearing the stupid line "You can't deny me of my freedom."

Parents blame rock music for negative influences in their kids life, but this crap is trying to get kids to revolt against their school. I think parents should boycott the Naked Brothers Band.
                  13 years, 9 months ago
                  Ugh it's true kids don't wanna go to school, but please do NOT mention Naked Brothers or their crappy songs. :x
                  I am Ricky, hear me think! :D
                    liukangx
                    3907 Posts
                    13 years, 9 months ago
                    The song? what about the group name?

what is your first thoughts on the name "Naked brothers"

hell I find it kinda sick that show on VH1 showing little girls dressed like strippers practically just so their parents can see them win a "Beauty" contest

[ur
                      Xe-A-Thoul
                      6031 Posts
                      13 years, 9 months ago
                      You'll be hooked on the Naked Brothers.
                      I must enter a signature.
                        SSJ_Jup81
                        4806 Posts
                        13 years, 9 months ago
                        pearljamownzyou
                        SSJ_Jup81

Parents blame rock music for negative influences in their kids life, but this crap is trying to get kids to revolt against their school. I think parents should boycott the Naked Brothers Band.
                        I still think you're making a big deal out of nothing, to be honest. Every kid should know that you can't not go to school, since the parents wouldn't allow it.
                          System
                          79987 Posts
                          13 years, 9 months ago
                          i swear to god this comes on Nickalodiane every day at 5 and wakes me up because I fall asleep watching Nick at Night and this song just pisses me off for some reason.
                            13 years, 9 months ago
                            SSJ_Jup81
                            pearljamownzyou
                            SSJ_Jup81

I still think you're making a big deal out of nothing, to be honest. Every kid should know that you can't not go to school, since the parents wouldn't allow it.

So basically you're saying that they do not have to go to school?
                              SSJ_Jup81
                              4806 Posts
                              13 years, 9 months ago
                              pearljamownzyou
                              SSJ_Jup81
                              pearljamownzyou
                              SSJ_Jup81

I didn't say that. My first post in this topic shows that. School is a child's responsibility just like work is an adult's. You can moan and groan all you want about not wanting to go to school or work, but you still go. That's why I wouldn't take songs like these all that seriously. They're singing the truth, most kids don't like going to school, but they do it anyway since they're supposed to since they need an education.

Besides, kids aren't that stupid, imo. If they go by what a song says, then they aren't all that bright to begin with or is either the type who is influenced easily by media. I am sure that most kids can relate to it, though.

In that show of theirs, even though they sing about not wanting to go to school, don't the characters still go?
                                MRCSL1
                                504 Posts
                                13 years, 9 months ago
                                Naked Brothers Band sucks, period.

pearljamownzyou
                                I think parents should boycott the Naked Brothers Band.

Thank you.
                                  System
                                  79987 Posts
                                  13 years, 9 months ago
                                  The Naked Brothers Band is easy to make fun of...I saw at least 5 speakonia videos mentioning that the reason for their name is because they go nude all the time.
                                    TMNT
                                    5203 Posts
                                    13 years, 9 months ago
                                    That Show is stupid.
                                      13 years, 9 months ago
                                      SSJ_Jup81
                                      pearljamownzyou
                                      SSJ_Jup81
                                      pearljamownzyou
                                      SSJ_Jup81

I didn't say that. My first post in this topic shows that. School is a child's responsibility just like work is an adult's. You can moan and groan all you want about not wanting to go to school or work, but you still go. That's why I wouldn't take songs like these all that seriously. They're singing the truth, most kids don't like going to school, but they do it anyway since they're supposed to since they need an education.

Besides, kids aren't that stupid, imo. If they go by what a song says, then they aren't all that bright to begin with or is either the type who is influenced easily by media. I am sure that most kids can relate to it, though.

In that show of theirs, even though they sing about not wanting to go to school, don't the characters still go?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You said that they "can't not goto school", that is a double negative which means that theoretically they could NOT go to school if they so decided.
                                        SSJ_Jup81
                                        4806 Posts
                                        13 years, 9 months ago
                                        Wow...you're right. I didn't even notice that!! lol I see what you meant now, but yeah, I didn't mean it in that way. ^^ Kids definitely should go.
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss