RetroToon
759 Posts
13 years, 8 months ago
I'm not sure why but today Nick showed the movie E.T. The Extra Terrestrial (the 20th Anniversary version) for the very first time in it's history. This came as a complete surprise to me since Nickelodeon seems like the least likely place for such a groundbreaking film, though it's somewhat ironic since Nickelodeon Studios used to be at Universal Studios where E.T. Adventure is. If you didn't see it today it'll probably be on tomorrow.
    blueluigi
    3338 Posts
    13 years, 8 months ago
    I saw the commercial of it today. I was suprised, although I watched it on TV Land last week. It's a good movie.
      NickRules
      4941 Posts
      13 years, 8 months ago
      OMG LOL. I just made a thread about this! I didn't even realize that somebody already made a thread about it, sorry :( I was really excited about it.

and yes it will be on again at noon tomorrow.
        RetroToon
        759 Posts
        13 years, 8 months ago
        NickRules
        OMG LOL. I just made a thread about this! I didn't even realize that somebody already made a thread about it, sorry :( I was really excited about it.

It's cool. I was just as surprised about it as you were. :wink:
          NickRules
          4941 Posts
          13 years, 8 months ago
          RetroToon
          NickRules

It's cool. I was just as surprised about it as you were. :wink:

I knew it was going to be on Nick at Nite for weeks though, I just didn't remember that it was TODAY, so we missed the first half hour :( it was still great though.
            13 years, 8 months ago
            Yeah, I'm watching it and I have the VHS. :wink: :lol:
            I am Ricky, hear me think! :D
              NickRules
              4941 Posts
              13 years, 8 months ago
              UGH! JP locked my thread after I said "Please don't lock my thread!".
                shiroihikari
                1751 Posts
                13 years, 8 months ago
                Wow, that's fricking bizarre. Nickelodeon is the last place I'd expect to see that.
                Coming Soon to Nostalgia Junkie: Nostalgiathon 2009!
                  Ravage
                  436 Posts
                  13 years, 8 months ago
                  I thought it was odd too. I skim past nick 9 times out of 10, but I saw that E.T. was on and had to stop to watch it.
                    gumbyman
                    2008 Posts
                    13 years, 8 months ago
                    Strange, i did not know that Nick shows movies, i thought it was just a cartoon channel.
                      Captain_Howdy30
                      2207 Posts
                      13 years, 8 months ago
                      This can't be good:

RetroToon
                        759 Posts
                        13 years, 8 months ago
                        gumbyman
                        Strange, i did not know that Nick shows movies, i thought it was just a cartoon channel.

Nicktoons Network is but Nickelodeon had always been a channel with both animated and live action programming (when they're not having any Spongebob marathons :roll:).

Before they started showing E.T. they had that awful live action Scooby-Doo movie from 2002. At least now they showed a movie that's actually good.
                          TMNT
                          5203 Posts
                          13 years, 8 months ago
                          I was watching ET last night it again today at noon on Nickeldeon.
                            funguy10
                            771 Posts
                            13 years, 8 months ago
                            gumbyman

What about shows like Drake & Josh, Zoey 101 and iCarly? They have always been and always will be live-action.
                              TurboDuo
                              2086 Posts
                              13 years, 8 months ago
                              Here's a comparison of the original E.T. and the 20th Anniversary Edition.

Oh, and I saw it this afternoon.
                              I want to be a dentist.

http://gamejunkie.com/
                              YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/user/TurboDuo
                                NickRules
                                4941 Posts
                                13 years, 8 months ago
                                TurboDuo

Oh come on! How stupid! I hate how they always have to tweak classics! I read that you cant even buy the original E.T anywhere on DVD, you'd have to buy this special "gift set" with like a script and a bunch of other little things nobody wants and it costs A LOT. I need to find my old E.T VHS, and then buy a VHS player lol. I hated CGI E.T!
                                  blueluigi
                                  3338 Posts
                                  13 years, 8 months ago
                                  TurboDuo

Hmm... Difference I see there is replacing the guns with walkie talkies.
                                    funployee
                                    72 Posts
                                    13 years, 8 months ago
                                    Ignoring the tweaks, it's still a very good movie.
                                      RetroToon
                                      759 Posts
                                      13 years, 8 months ago
                                      NickRules
                                      TurboDuo

Oh come on! How stupid! I hate how they always have to tweak classics! I read that you cant even buy the original E.T anywhere on DVD, you'd have to buy this special "gift set" with like a script and a bunch of other little things nobody wants and it costs A LOT. I need to find my old E.T VHS, and then buy a VHS player lol. I hated CGI E.T!

I bought the 2-Disc set the first time it came out on DVD and it had both the new and original versions of the movie, but there's never a director's commentary (kind of a thing Spielberg always lacks with his movies).
                                        liukangx
                                        3907 Posts
                                        13 years, 8 months ago
                                        Nick-"Classic nickelodeon fans we can still got stuff.. um... greg look behind the cabinet"
                                        Greg-"all I see is dust and webs wait whats that... E.T.?? what was that doing there"
                                        Nick- "screw it we need to appeal to the older audience somehow!

[ur
                                          An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss