This topic is locked and no further posts are permitted.
Seston
462 Posts
13 years, 7 months ago
I am mad. How come we can't watch the shows we grew up with? Allow me to elaborate. Recently, one of my favorite show (that I had not seen in years) showed up on youtube. In my excitement, I started watching imediatly. I had seen all the episodes, but I kept watching them, over and over. I did this for about a year. Then one day, you tube had a statement saying that the videos had pulled due to copyright claims by whatever network owns them. I am sure that you all have had this experience. And I understand that it is copyrighted material. But the thing that gets me is, the network totally disowns the show. They have not shown the show in some-odd years. It's not featured in their website. And have not released a DVD of the program. Therefore, they are not making any money off the show. But as soon as someone lets the world see it agian, they knock on youtube's door (via e-mail) saying "get my shit off your site, before I sue your ass off". So youtube does what they are told. And the network goes back to disowning the show. But what I don't understand is, if people are willing to find and upload these shows, and people are willing to watch them, why don't they do the job for us? I mean come on. You were not making money off the show before. And your not making money now. But when people want to make other people happy by posting them, they shut it down immediatly. If getting to watch my favorite shows means paying money to see them, then so be it. After all, its what got Family Guy back on the air. Why won't they learn?
    System
    79987 Posts
    13 years, 7 months ago
    this should be in the "grinds your gears" forum

=P
      eddstarr88
      6987 Posts
      13 years, 7 months ago
      Nothing in this new century confuses me quite like "ownership" issues. Here I am in the 21st century with a kickass computer in the USA and everywhere I go in cyberspace all I see is:

"Text Only" . . . "No Image Available" . . . "Gimme your bank account number - now"

Nobody told me during the 1990's that all this stuff I thought was paid for decades ago, has to be paid for again, over and over, forever.

Hey, I got my very first summer job in 1971. Maybe I can hit my employer's surviving family members up for continued wages since the value of the grass I cut, back when Richard Nixon was President, still lives in my mind today!

Now if I could just find a "controlling legal authority" brain dead enough to go along with me . . . . hello vacation home on some little island!
      The Eldorado is dead. Long live the Eldorado.
        Seston
        462 Posts
        13 years, 7 months ago
        Benjanime

=P

no, i want people to see this
          havokric
          363 Posts
          13 years, 7 months ago
          totaly agree... it sux that you tube pulls stuff for legal reasons, but if they didnt we wouldnt have youtube at all..... legal crap would shut it down completly
          cool blurb here
            oz615
            204 Posts
            13 years, 7 months ago
            Dude i agree 100%,because let's face it cable television is a joke because they air the same shows on 4 or 5 different channels,plus as i always said if TPTB don't want their properties on youtube,do everyone a favor,either air the series on TV or put the damn thing on DVD.
              Cdokes1
              1032 Posts
              13 years, 7 months ago
              Well it's all about money, money, money and that's is a shame.NOw I can see if they said copyright permission must be given like the NBA, NFL and MLB says during their games. The second thing I have to say is they need to get this copyright thing together because most of the shows that we all want to see can not come to DVD because of copyright issues. Get it together and do the right thing
                System
                79987 Posts
                13 years, 7 months ago
                It's called a torrent. If you have high speed internet, someone out there has all your old favorite shows.

I have spoken.
                  13 years, 7 months ago
                  Benjanime

=P

no, this should be locked due to this being another "whine about youtube sucks" thread, as well as "whine about non-classic toons being aired anymore"
                    An unhandled error has occurred. Reload Dismiss